Home Forums Chat Forum Dehumidifier types – a clarification.

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 days ago by fossy.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Dehumidifier types – a clarification.
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

There’s a few threads about dehumidifiers here recently and I’ve suddenly got a requirement for one (blocked car roof drain tube has put lots of water into the car) – so I’ve been doing some buying.

Obviously I came on here to do some research and found a strong recommendation for Meaco and in particular their DD8L Desiccant model – so I ordered one.

I had a feeling I’d jumped in too quickly with the desiccant thing so I did some more research and found this very helpful article on the Meaco website:
    https://blog.meaco.com/when-to-buy-a-desiccant-dehumidifier-and-when-to-buy-a-compressor-dehumidifier/

It seems pretty clear to me that if you want to use it in a location that’s > 10c (i.e. a house) then a compressor humidifier is the best choice on both efficiency and running costs.
    If you want to dry an unheated location (unheated conservatory,shed, garage, boat, car, etc) then a desiccant model will be better.

Because I’ll use it in the house once the car has been sorted (with the aid of a smaller heater in there as well) I then went back and bought an Arete Two which has just been delivered along with the DD7 as they couldn’t cancel the order in time to stop delivery!

I hope the above article helps people get the right kit.

fossy

Great link.

I’ve found the large capacity compressor ones work well even in the garage at below 10c- as mentioned in the article

But I do need a new one for the garage and those Meaco Desiccant ones are a good price.

But the  Meaco DD8L Junior desiccant uses around 330w per hour !

A Dry Ease compressor one uses less than 100w

Worth checking !

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.