Home Forums Chat Forum CRUZ Airo vs Thule Wingbar Roof Bars

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • CRUZ Airo vs Thule Wingbar Roof Bars
  • mechanicaldope

Following on from previous treads I need some new roof bars to fasten a roofbox for occasional camping trips. Previously had Thule wingbars but am bulking at £200+ to replace them. Won’t be used for bikes, at least with any regulatory. Anyone got any experience of the CRUZ bars they have in roofbox.co.uk? For £100 all in they feel like a much more palatable price. What is the downside? Why are Thule worth £120 more?

Cheers.

lodger

I have the cruz bars and feet. They are fine. Stable, lockable. They whistle a bit if you don’t put the rubber strips in but imagine that’s the same for any of the bars. No direct experience of the Thule equivalent. I imagine they are a bit smarter close-up, but the Cruz ones are fine. Had 2 adult bikes and 2 kids bikes on at once for motorway trips with no problems.

fazzini

What @lodger said ^^ Cruz bars are great provided you put the rubber strips in. I’ve had thule bars of all types, and the Cruz and quality is comparable especially if just for roof box duty

mechanicaldope

Thanks both. £120 saved seems the way to go then. Thule whistle as well with no rubber strips.

paule
    Free Member

Keep an eye on eBay – I got some second hand whispbars and 2 bike racks for £45- then just needed some different foot adapters from roofbix.co.uk to make them fit…

steve_b77
    Free Member

What car is it for? I’ve got a set that fits 3 series and 5 series BMW sized cars for sale, that and a couple of bike racks too

christophert21
    Free Member

what model 5 series? any pics?

5lab
    Free Member

I always buy second hand bars that were made by the car manufacturer. Always fit perfectly, no faffing about trying to get the width right etc.

mechanicaldope

Toyota Avensis. Will keep and eye out on ebay but the the footpack and fixing kits are still exorbitant for Thule.

timmys

I always buy second hand bars that were made by the car manufacturer. Always fit perfectly, no faffing about trying to get the width right etc.

They are not going to be made by the car manufacturer. They are going to be rebranded from a company that makes bars. Who would in all likelihood sell them to you cheaper in the first place.

rsvtoddy
    Free Member

Should have the Thule fittings for a Toyota Avensis Estate 2014 if you’re interested? Was my company car which I don’t now have.

North Yorkshire based..

ChrisHeath

If you’re looking for cheaper (or if you plan to take them off the car when you’re not using them) then this might not be of interest, but I got Whispbars for the latest car to replace Thule’s I had on a previous car. They sit much closer to the roof than the Thules, and are really, really quiet.

sing1etrack

Cruz have been spot on for me, had both square and tapered types with no issues. No experience of Thule to compare.

5% off with this link

julians
    Free Member

I’ve had thule wing bars for a few years now, but recently got a new car and needed new bars, so went with whispbars, they’re really good, better than the thule bars in every way.

chrisski33
    Free Member

why not go for CRUZ 120cm SR+ steel roof bars – CRUZ premium bars: at £50 just as good as £100 or £120 bars not matter what folk say!

mechanicaldope

why not go for CRUZ 120cm SR+ steel roof bars

I want t-track. Feels much more secure to me and crucially the t-track fittings take up much less space in the roofbox.

rsvtoddy – will have a think. Will Pm you if interested. Cheers.

richardkennerley

Sneaky ad….

I’ve got some of these

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/roofbars/whispbar_79cm_aero_x_rail_bars_2_no_prs43/Qx%40w%2C6M4gNax5vN1Yv0vegd3uHKCSsnTPOFdb1KdnW01r8O8d~csiV5fSdo6NkcBc

I need to put on eBay. These were on a Citroen cactus, but I’ve had three cars in total with whispbars. They’re great, think they look better than normal bars (if that matters) and they’re proper fit and forget.

steve_b77
    Free Member
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘CRUZ Airo vs Thule Wingbar Roof Bars’ is closed to new replies.