Home Forums Bike Forum cotic solaris – size question

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • cotic solaris – size question
  • alcolepone
    Free Member

Im going to buy a Cotic Solaris after living with my Stanton slackline 653 for quite some time.   that bike is a 18, and in theory is too small for me at 6,3. But I’ve always enjoyed the poppy nature of the Stanton and after trying the Cotics they too felt the same, unfortunately i was only able to try their c2 and c3 sizes, both were too small, they suggest a c5, but I’m hedging toward the c4 size to not deviate to far from the small feel of my previuous bike.

anyone got any experience they can share?

kelvin

Nice to meet you on Saturday. Will be interesting to see what riders say here… 👂🏼

letmetalktomark

I’m the same height as you.

I ride an XL Solaris Max (pre current model).

I have long arms but not super long legs.

I wouldn’t want a L.

Not sure if any of this is helpful nor how it tracks with the current sizing descriptors :-)

Edit … previously I had owned and ridden an XL Stanton Sherpa

alcolepone
    Free Member

Cheers Kevin, had a great day, and was good to get out for a ride.  Looking forward to riding the hardtail….

@letmetalktomark
    what type of riding do you do, I’m not sure if I trying to get the bike to do too much, from pump tracks to long xc rides, to potential gnarly decent like black rocks in the peaks.  The c4 will be larger than my old Slackline,

bassmandan

I tested the last model Solarismax in I think medium and large. I’m on the border between sizes. Large is fine and I chose it to give me a bit more space for a shotgun seat, but the medium definitely felt more playful. No regrets though and if I was much bigger I wouldn’t have even considered medium (5’11)

alcolepone
    Free Member

Here’s a size comparison…

https://ibb.co/Y87vsg

Looks like c4 should still feel big

tenburner

6’1 here on a XL Solaris Max (previous gen)

alcolepone
    Free Member

the C4 Solaris has arrived, and its perfect.   Took it for a blast around Cannock, and it felt amazing, so fast.  Everything was 10% easier, from pedaling up hill, to follow over the smooth terrain.  Only did the new perry and the old follow the dog, so pretty easy terrain but felt so great.   (disappointed at the amount of close sections on the follow the dog, isn’t worth the trip, i should have done the Monkey)

Have now fitted the 240 dropper to the bike, and its slammed when lowered, and perfect height when extended.

10/10 bike very pleased….( not sure how clean the matt finish will last, looks good new, but might hold dirt more than I’d like)

heyne
    Free Member

Hi you all
    Hijacking this thread because i do have almost the same question but I’m 6 feet tall, 86cm inseam, normal arms i’d say, and i would love to fit a c3 on the new solaris, for a smaller bike, more playful and easier to turn around as i do have a part of my playground full of super sharp turns, too tight for my slightly longer FS.
    Do you think it’s a reasonable option knowing I’ll also spend a lot of time bikepacking or shreddpacking all day long on it ?
    Way too far to try it out unfortunately

timc
    Free Member

I’m 6’2, long arms & legs, I’ve previously had a XL mk1 Solaris, a L mk2 solaris & a XL Soda Max.

Without going round the houses id get a C4 solaris and run approx 50mm stem with a 120mm fork if buying the current model.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and ride a medium MK1 Solaris. Also a medium Escapade and X. My Rocket (29 version) is a large because I wanted the extra reach but I’m wondering if I should have stuck with a medium because there’s next to no standover on the large for me. 70mm stem on the first three, 50mm on the Rocket

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.