Home Forums Bike Forum Cotic Escapade or Ribble CGR?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Cotic Escapade or Ribble CGR?
    MadBillMcMad

I was dithering over the exact same choice, ribble cgr or cotic escapade.

So I have just ordered a Fairlight secan instead.

madeupname
    Free Member

Ooh a Secan. Do post your feedback.

I liked the look of those, to be told the size I’d most likely want was discontinued in Feb, no reason given.
    Stopped looking but now I see they will be back in stock in Oct…

oh well, I’ll see how the GX Race is…

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I was looking at both the Escapade and the CGR during lockdown. I went with the CGR 725 in the end, partly IIRC because I could get it sooner and partly because I once had a Cotic Roadrat that I never really got on with because it always seemed too long for me, so I felt there was bit of a question mark over sizing.

Turned out the CGR was also way too long for me, so after a lot of messing around with stems, bike fit, and saddles I ended up getting a Camino frame and swapping the bits over.

The CGR was a really nice bike though, and was just what I wanted really for the riding I do – mostly road with the odd bit of bridle way and bikepacking. I was sorry to see it go!

stevemorg2

A bit of a thread resurrection! Am really pleased with the Escapade – so much more adaptable than I thought.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a pair of mudguards?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

For me, Ribble will always be the mailorder company you didn’t use in the 90s/00s, because Merlin and CRC were better.
    They also did those £150 blue winter road frames everyone in my uni club rode because they were £150.

Or the steel version Ribble 525’s were to audaxes what Inbreds were to SSUK.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for a pair of mudguards?

SKS Blumells or Chromoplastics are pretty cheapo and bombproof.  Needs a spanner to adjust but that’s fairly infrequent unless you knock them with the wheel out (can be a PITA  if you accidently put the bike down whilst fixing a puncture on a ride).

The M-part copies have a much better system that can be adjusted quickly, but it’s plastic, mine are probably 6 years old now but do have various bits of metal epoxied into them to repair cracked backets.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.