Home Forums Bike Forum coats that look white when in car headlights?

• This topic has 43 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by P20.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • coats that look white when in car headlights?
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Not sure what your use-case is but if you want to add reflectivity to clothes when you need it but look normal the rest of the time then I dont think you can beat –

Folds up small enough to fit in a jacket pocket, fits over pretty much anything so you can wear it over a t-shirt or a thick winter coat.  I tend to stick it on when I’m wearing dark clothes at night in winter on a brompton.

AlexSimon

I thought the spray-on stuff sounded great but then read this:

The spray lasts for approximately a week after application, depending on the texture of the surface you spray

Basically useless unless you were doing some temporary signs or something.

timbo678
    Free Member

I have a proviz 360 for commuting now the nights have drawn in – it is hot and sweaty no doubt, but I wouldn’t change it for anything less visible on the road, it gives me so much confidence that I have been seen and makes me feel a lot safer

The gilet probably would have been a better bet in truth as a bit cooler, but happy as is.

I wouldn’t wear it for a daylight long ride unless it was super cold out, but if its dark on the road then I don’t think twice about it.

P20

I’m using an Altura NV. Doesn’t get too hot, pretty breathable, has reflective sections and is a bright green for daylight

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘coats that look white when in car headlights?’ is closed to new replies.