Home Forums Chat Forum Centre Parcs BBQ’s allowed?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Centre Parcs BBQ’s allowed?
  • stevew
    Free Member

Hi

We are off to Sherwood Centre Parcs this weekend, want to take my Cadac gas BBQ, can’t see anything on the website saying you can’t take them but read something elsewhere saying you can’t and you have to use disposable BBQ’s on the racks provided at each property. The website talks of the racks/disposables but nothing saying you can’t take your own.

Anyone have any experience of this? Planning to take it anyway but useful to see if anyone has encountered any issues.

Any other advice for the place? Big family get together and first time there, wouldn’t have been my first choice but going to make the best of it. Already have plans to ride Sherwood Pines (not ridden there in over 10 years).

jeffl

Realistically no one is going to check so you’ll probably be ok.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Realistically no one is going to check so you’ll probably be ok

Maybe you should do it round the  back.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Ring of fire?

martinhutch

Spit roasts are fine.

franksinatra

Depends how anal you are about the rules.

I’d be happy to take one.

lambchop
    Free Member

You’ll be fine,just keep it on the patio next to the brick built BBQ. What really boils their piss are guests burning crap in the wood burning stoves inside the lodges.

5lab
    Free Member

are the bbqs suitable for just chucking coal onto, or is a disposable dohicky needed?

Cougar

you have to use disposable BBQ’s on the racks provided

IIRC, this is as opposed to using disposable barbecues on the grass outside the property and leaving dirty great scorch marks behind.

lambchop
    Free Member

The BBQ stands are just racks. O.K for disposables or placing a small BBQ on such as a Weber Smokey Joe etc. It has been known for guests to put disposables on the patio tables or plastic drain lid covers, melting them in the process.

stevew
    Free Member

Thanks all

Like I say was going to take it anyway just being anal – hehe, must revisit the Mumsnet classic on centre parcs, not sure Mrs Stevew has seen it!

martinhutch

IIRC, this is as opposed to using disposable barbecues on the grass outside the property and leaving dirty great scorch marks behind.

Or in the case of our neighbours at a similar place last week, on the picnic table next to the lodge.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Centre Parcs BBQ’s allowed?’ is closed to new replies.