Home Forums Chat Forum Car tyre sizes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Car tyre sizes
  • tails
    Free Member

Hi, I’m selling a spare wheel from a 2011 fire fiesta the numbers on the side are 175/65R14. My potential buyers alloy is 195/50R15. As far as I know non of these give the diameter?

Not really a car person.

stingmered

R14 and R15 are the wheel diameters so needs to match. (Is the simple answer.)

tthew

Yeah it does. The R15/14 is the diameter in inches.

But what you’ve quoted there is the tyre size. The wheel size is a lot more complicated with all sorts of offset measurements, bolt diameter and such to consider.

Pieface

Use an online wheel size calculator. Punch the numbers in and it will work out equivalences.

reluctantjumper

My Fiesta had those size standard tyres and the spare was that size too. the issue will be whether the spare will fit over the front brakes. If the buyer is unsure get your buyer to look at his tyre Data Plate (usually on one if the door pillars) as that will say what OE tyre sizes will fit that car.

kormoran
    Free Member

Use an online wheel size calculator. Punch the numbers in and it will work out equivalences.

This

The wheels and tyre sizes are obviously different but the overall external circumference of the 175/65R14 and 195/50R15 tyres will be close-ish. Only an online calculater will tell you how close.

duncancallum

Would do as a spare at a push

tails
    Free Member

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=195&aspect=50&diameter=15&wheelwidth=6&offset=50&width2=175&aspect2=65&wheel_size=14&wheel_width=8.5&offset2=30

I’ll ask him to photograph his data plate, my car was written off so don’t have that.

With this calculator it’s got wheel width and offset? Coming out as 7mm out diameter which sounds a lot. Best to advise it won’t fit I think given the item for sale is safety related. Thanks for the help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Car tyre sizes’ is closed to new replies.