Home Forums Chat Forum Car insurance – ARRRGH!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Car insurance – ARRRGH!!
  • pat12
    Free Member

So i’ve been driving for 20 odd years with me as primary driver and my wife as named driver, no accidents/claims for either party so far.

Either stay with same provider assuming renewal is reasonable or change if the hassle is worth the saving. I always use compare the market for quotes – never had an issue.

Just switched recently and the first issue is that i should have 17 years NCB but my last insurer says they only go up to 9, but as i’ve been with them 3 years they can make it 12 on the proof letter.  The new insurer is saying its not the 17 i put when applying?

Secondly the new insurer is asking for proof of claims history because they say there are claims agains my wifes name, when i’ve asked for info they gave me this…

*** ****** – fault accident dated 20/10/2023. You entered this information when searching for quotes.

*** ****** – fault accident dated 15/09/2022. You entered this information when searching for quotes.

These never happened.

They seem to suggest i have entered them into compare the market when getting quotes?? WTAF? why would i do that?

Now my previous insurer says they can’t send that letter as there were no claims

Anyone had this?

mashr

New insurer sounds shoddy as anything and not someone I’d want to be relying on if I ever did have to claim.

Still within your cooling off period? I’d likely be cancelling and going elsewhere

chakaping

+1 mashr

If they’re making it this hard now, you don’t want to deal with them for a claim.

Rich_s

i should have 17 years NCB but my last insurer says they only go up to 9, but as i’ve been with them 3 years they can make it 12 on the proof letter. The new insurer is saying its not the 17 i put when applying?i

If (if!) you can find something showing how much NCD you had before you went to the last company, they may be able to add x + 9 + 3 = 17.

But new company may only award you what you can prove. Which is likely to be 12 I guess? It’s worth asking what its NCD scale is.

The other part is a bit weird. You should be able to see what you input into Compare the meerkats? I don’t use them but don’t they email/store your data? Start there.

Oh and who is the new insurer?

MoreCashThanDash

Most insurers only show up to 9 years NCD, and I think the comparison sites normally only go up that far. Your new insurer should know that and presumably calculate risk/premiums on the same basis.

Did your wife have the supposed accidents or not? You’ve said you didn’t enter it on the comparison sites, but insurers share data behind the scenes.

Either way, I agree they seem like more effort than they are worth – cancel yourself before they cancel you, which looks awful when getting insurance in the future.

I know insurance has shot up this year but I tend to stick to well known companies and pay a bit more rather than be **** around by cowboys.

IdleJon
    Free Member

*** ****** – fault accident dated 20/10/2023. You entered this information when searching for quotes.

*** ****** – fault accident dated 15/09/2022. You entered this information when searching for quotes.
    These never happened.

They seem to suggest i have entered them into compare the market when getting quotes?? WTAF? why would i do that?

To check whether it’s worth making the claim, or declaring it? Plenty of people run quotes with little changes to try and get the best price, and plenty of people decide not to declare an accident when they realise how expensive their premium will be. Does your wife insure her own car, or is she on any company car insurance where her name might be linked to claims? Or is she a named driver on offspring’s policy?

fossy

Usually most insurance companies talk to each other in their systems, but there should not be those two claims markers if it never happened.  We had to have a policy adjustment, as my son had been hit by debris on a motorway. All logged via insurance, but he decided to fix it himself as it was too much to pursue the lorry company whose drive shaft fell off the truck in front of him (one that should have been driving the truck).  This then appeared as a no fault claim on our renewal documents although I hadn’t declared it as I overlooked it (he’s just a named driver on our run-about cheapo car.

pat12
    Free Member

To check whether it’s worth making the claim, or declaring it? Plenty of people run quotes with little changes to try and get the best price, and plenty of people decide not to declare an accident when they realise how expensive their premium will be. Does your wife insure her own car, or is she on any company car insurance where her name might be linked to claims? Or is she a named driver on offspring’s policy

just for the record, these accidents never happened – Truefully. I’ve never entered any claims into compare the market – because they never happened. I can hand on heart say if there was a claim i would declare it.

She has only ever been named driver on my policy

Just spoke to compare the market.

***** (24/10/2024, 14:25:02): I have checked all your quotes, not just your recent one. And I can confirm that since 2020 there have been no claims added to any of your completed quotes for any driver, and therefore we would not have provided any of that information (above) to 1st Central.

Rich_s

That sounds utterly shit. I’d be complaining like mad over that, but cancelling as well. If you moan enough I think it’d be reasonable to ask/get a full refund with no fees. Then go somewhere else.

pat12
    Free Member

does cancelling not make me look dodgy, don’t want to be added to CIFAS or anthing like that

matt_outandabout

NCD of 16 years here made 99p discount on a £600 premium for me.

I would be more concerned about the incidents and clarifying why/how these are on the system.

I would also be moving on from such a crappy provider – what are they going to be like when you need to claim?

mashr

pat12Free Member
    does cancelling not make me look dodgy, don’t want to be added to CIFAS or anthing like that

Not at all.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.