Home Forums Bike Forum Cane creek mudguards

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cane creek mudguards
  • jree
    Free Member

Cane creek brought out their fender mudguards, but they’re as rare as hems teeth. Is there another option that screws into a cane creek helm?

stevehine

Carbon Wasp did an aftermarket one; but I don’t see them on the web shop anymore; they might be able to sort you out if you contact them (though they are spendy)

FWIW I use an XL Cotic guard on mine with zip ties; does the job :)

chakaping

Doesn’t screw in, but the Mudhugger Evo ziptie version is a great fit and allows a wider tyre than others I’ve tried.

the_kenburg

I ordered one direct from CC in the States, along with a set of replacement “Helm mk2” decals (in sparkly orange, to match my frame! ) to make the postage cost at little more palatable.

It is a neat solution.

andeh

If you’ve got a decent 3D printer there’s one on Thingiverse you could download?

I’ve not found any viable DM options

I found the Mudhugger ziptie one buzzed a lot with Magic Mary and WTB Vigilante. Swapped to an RRP tiptie one and it’s been problem and buzz free ….though zipties are never really a satisfactory solution 😒

jree
    Free Member

I’m in no big rush, dry as a bone at the moment. I’ve got s few zip tie mudguards but with the big barros they rub at times.

I haven’t got s 3d printer, was hoping there was another one like I have on my DT Swiss forks that might fit.

I think the RRP bolt on fits, but the longer ones flex and **** the tyre on big hits which can be a bit disconcerting.

EDIT** Ignore that, they don’t. But I’m sure you could make a bodge job if you have the right size threaded screws.

3D print plan: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4552043

jree
    Free Member

FYI. Back in stock…

Helm Fender

simono5

I think CC ship to US and Canada only.

Got mine from R2 Bikes, got a friend in Germany who posted it on to the UK.  Bloody expensive Fender tho.

niel11
    Free Member

I got one from ion2 suspension in Canada, wasn’t cheap (About £45 in total with shipping etc.) but they were quick, good blokes  to deal with and I got a packet of love hearts and a Werther’s original.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection but does anyone have a lead on any or know anyone who might want to sell one?

John

inbred853

JB666, I got a mate to 3D print one out after searching for one for the last year.

Thingiverse – https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4552043

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

@inbred853 How did it turn out? Is it durable? I wanted the factory one as it looks to be flush with the arch as there isn’t much height clearance under the arch. Could this printed one be modified to do that do you think?

John

chambord

The cane creek ones don’t exist, I’ve got eBay searches, stock alerts etc, occasionally pester distributors about it but no luck after months of trying. I’m about to buy a syncros or RRP one and cut/heat mould it to fit the fork.

The thingverse one is quite expensive to get printed so probably only suitable if you know someone with a printer

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I’ve heard using the syncros one and attacking it with a heat gun. I feel that might be a better option than the 3d printed one. I’ve even tried messaging some people selling complete bikes with one on it to see if they would part with it but no joy. So annoying that canecreek made it for seemingly 5 minutes.

John

inbred853

JB666, turned out okay, but I don’t think it will be that durable.  Feels and looks a lot lighter than most thermo plastic type mudguards

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.