Home Forums Bike Forum Camelbak connector issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Camelbak connector issue
  • mtbfix

Yet again, I find myself with a Camelbak reservoir that is reluctant to accept our release the house connection. I thought it might be a scuffed o-ring but replacing that hasn’t improved it at all. I can’t imagine that I’m the only one with this issue, albeit a rather old school problem in these days of avoiding back packs.

nicko74

Inasmuch as I understand the question, I have a similar issue. Not sure what it is, but inserting the hose to the reservoir is a b*st*rd, needs proper force to get it in. Pushing the release button does help a bit, but I figure it’s just tolerances etc?

chrismac

You are not alone. They seem to go very stiff to the point it’s difficult to plug the pipe in. I resolved it by not using camelback ones unless they came with the bag

mtbfix

I’ve used the Hydrapack bladder in the past, but found the C.bak one to be easier to use. Well, until it inevitably refuses to couple hose to bladder. Then it’s not nice to use at all

faustus

Yep, have this issue. Disconnecting and connecting are really stiff, and water still spills out a little. Don’t know why it does it either. I need it as my wingnut pack isn’t the easiest to get the bladder in and out so it kinda needs de-coupling each time.

Still, I’ve never really lost the love for hydration packs, and they’ll come back again I think. Never been interested in muddy waterbottles for the majority of the year that mud gets kicked up. Even if you have a lid to keep dirt away.

gkeeffe

Me too. It’s an absolute pain to plug in and undo.  I put a bit of Vaseline on the washer but it’s still v tight!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.