Home Forums Bike Forum Bridge Street saddlebags

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bridge Street saddlebags
  • MoreCashThanDash

Who else on here uses one? Looking for something for audax rides and these have been suggested as an alternative to a more traditional rack bag and seat post rack.

What sizes have you got? Any problems with them catching the back of your legs? Only have 4-5 inches of seatpost showing so not sure whether to go for the low or high mounting version. How easy are they to just dip in and out of, rather than a rack bag with easy access side pockets

Any pics of your set up would be great

Ta

technicallyinept
    Free Member

I have one in medium (low mount version). Been out on the bike with it twice. Bit of a faff getting into it and it does occasionally catch the back of my legs. I like it though.

Just measured from saddle rails to top of the seatpost clamp – 5 inches. The mount for the bag is fitted a low as it can go.

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks for that – beginning to think they are not the solution that I am looking for……

Muke
    Free Member

Not sure if it would be suitable but Judy Beerbabe makes custom bags….

http://www.beerbabe.co.uk/ourshop/cat_785755-Bike-Packs.html

psling
    Free Member

I’ve currently got a Large on order with the High mount. It’ll primarily be for bikepacking purposes.
    I’m working on the basis that the High mount will make access into the bag easier (not tucked under back of saddle), keep it away from my thighs and the 5kg advised weight limit is more than enough for my requirements.
    Access into the bag is all or nothing; undo straps and roll open top so for audax use if you’re in and out of your bag regularly they may not be so practical. You can strap a waterproof on the outside though and they appear easy to clip on/off the bike for cafe stops, etc. If I was to use one for audax I’d be looking at the Small or Medium though.
    They are lightweight, roomy and, for me, just what I was looking for 8)

iainc

I looked at the large one for bike packing on CX bike, ended up going for revelate pika instead, as similar size, more secure mount and simpler

druff
    Free Member

Thought that I would revive this thread instead of starting a new one – I have the same questions that MoreCashThanDash asks in the original post.

I’m considering one of these (amongst other options) for use on audax rides.

I’d like to hear opinions / reviews from those people that either have, or are currently using them.

Would you recommend?

Cheers, Dan.

MoreCashThanDash

There have been good reviews in both the audax and CTC mags in recent issues.

They seem to like them but raise the usual concerns at mounting to carbon seatposts.

I’m still dithering, looking at one of the more traditional Carradice bags, possibly a Pendle as I want a couple of side pockets. Probably matching it with a Bagman Sport SQR mount, if I can find one in stock.

Think there may be a Carradice thread I started if you check my history

gazc
    Free Member

may be a little big but i have a carradice sqr trax bag which is similar to the tour, use it daily for commuting and used it bikepacking/touring too. great bag, plenty of space, strong fitting and spares easily available from carradice. no problems with stuff getting wet and it easily clips on and off in no time too. i did break an attachment ring once (overtightening 😳 ) but carradice sent me a replacement in a few days 🙂

nedrapier

Got a carrdice SQR bag here too – the Tour Slim (might be called something different now). Very hand for commuting, built for 10kgs and 16 litres inside, but it forms a shelf so you can bungee stuff to the top as well. Quick to fit and detatch, too (like 1 or 2 seconds). Streamlined position into the wind.

Just recently got a Wildcat frame bag and seat pack for off roadery rides, and for a more balanced, lighter, one or the other or both type approach, for road rides too. Nice to have the zip for the frame bag at the front so that you can have something accessible on the move – snacks, phone, camera… Still use the caradice for commuting – folded shirt and occasional laptop.

druff
    Free Member

All useful replies. Thanks all!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Also interested in this as one of those small bridge street bags would be great for commuting.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bridge Street saddlebags’ is closed to new replies.