Home Forums Bike Forum Brand new second hand?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Brand new second hand?
    reeksy

Reeksy2 is ready for his first FS bike I reckon, but if his older brother is anything to go by he’ll  grow out of it fast.

He’ll need a size small.

Second hand prices here are weird. Somehow people are trying to sell 10 year old good spec bikes for as much as a budget new bike.

I was looking at this Rocky Mountain Element for half price 

It’s a crap fork and heavy I don’t want to spend much more…but new could be good for selling on when he grows out of it.

But I’m also scouring marketplace. Tricky to find small frames.

Thoughts?

joshvegas
    Free Member

It’s a crap fork and heavy I don’t want to spend much more…but new could be good for selling on when he grows out of it.

It won’t  be new when you sell it though?

dartdude
    Free Member

Mosdef a good album

Oh edit we’re talking buying bikes again

chestrockwell

Huge value second hand atm if you can find a sensible seller.

ThePinkster

Would it be cheaper building one up out of bits if you can’t find a decent 2nd hand at a good (to you) price?

Perhaps you could get Reeksy2 to help out with the build up; it’ll also pass on useful skills for later life?

reeksy

Decision made and we’re buying the Rocky Mountain. And it turns out the fork isn’t coil as I thought it was.

One of our LBS is a RM dealer too, so we’re getting it through them.

He’ll probably grow out of it in 6 months knowing our luck.

Definitely not cheaper to build up from secondhand parts… although I’m doing a frame swap project with Reeksy1 moving the parts from my Ti frame across to the old SolarisMax so he has a hardtail.

2tyred

Will it help him manuva over the roots better?

pothead
    Free Member

Recently picked up a good condition used Santa Cruz 5010 c for my 14 yr old nephews 1st proper mountain bike, Hope hubs, headset, bb, stem, Fox factory suspension and seatpost for under a grand, its far better than the bike he almost bought from go outdoors for £1300

reeksy

Will it help him manuva over the roots better?

Was a Peter Tosh reference but yeah. He’ll skip over sinking sands too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.