• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 16,841 through 16,880 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • roger melrose
    Free Member

Also roger melrose those under 60 could still transport the virus around and infect those at higher risk by increasing the pool of virus around the population. You clearly have no understanding of how an infective epidemic works.

The virus is endemic. This means that almost everyone is exposed to it repeatedly. With each exposure our immune system strengthens. What transmission are you trying to prevent exactly?

tjagain

that is not what is being said at all.  Try reading.

What is being said is that by taking precautions to reduce the amount of infected people in the population and reducing the vectors for virus transmission this provides a protective effect for all vulnerable people – and this is well known, well proven and factual.

Try reading, learning and hopefully you will gain some understanding

Are you really attempting to claim the science of epidemiology has no evidence base?  This is very basic stuff

Poopscoop

roger melrose
    Free Member

So what you are saying is that in a misguided zero-evidence attempt to protect an elderly person from Covid (which we/they will all catch at some point anyway) we must throw the lives and mental health of younger people under the bus?

Decisions have consequences

How about taking this over to the covid thread so we can ignore it there instead please?

roger melrose
    Free Member

TJ with all due respect, you do not have a clue what you are talking about. If you were in any way correct, why did over 40 years of thorough and scientifically agreed upon pandemic planning, up to the point we abandoned it in panic in early 2020, say the opposite.

If you are correct, then how do you explain this:

Iceland v’s Faroe Islands

tjagain

Will someone get this idiot out of here before I lose my temper?

what is your professional qualification to say the entire science of epidemiology is wrong?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So what you are saying is that in a misguided zero-evidence attempt to protect an elderly person from Covid (which we/they will all catch at some point anyway) we must throw the lives and mental health of younger people under the bus?

Except it did work didn’t it. The elderly were largely kept clear of the virus and didn’t catch it.

And where it didn’t work where the rules were insufficiency strict it had catastrophic consequences on the care homes affected.

thepurist

Roger’s trying to throw a carboard bus containing a dead cat into this thread – can we ignore that and get back to discussing the PMs apparent disregard for rules that he was instrumental in setting, communicating and reinforcing.

Poopscoop

roger melrose
    Free Member
    TJ with all due respect, you do not have a clue what you are talking about. If you were in any way correct, why did over 40 years of thorough and scientifically agreed upon pandemic planning, up to the point we abandoned it in panic in early 2020, say the opposite.

If you are correct, then how do you explain this:

Iceland v’s Faroe Islands

The Brownstone Institute and it’s links to The Barrington Declaration etc etc etc.

It’s all been done on the covid thread…

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/95601

Anyway, Johnson, what a dick head.

roger melrose
    Free Member

what is your professional qualification to say the entire science of epidemiology is wrong?

I’m someone who can argue with facts and reasoning, using the evidence of experts, instead of throwing around insults.

What’s yours?

roger melrose
    Free Member

The Brownstone Institute and it’s links to The Barrington Declaration etc etc etc.

So you disagree that the Faroe Islands did far better than Iceland, despite no lockdown then?

kelvin

Argue about it on the Coronavirus thread then, please.

Poopscoop

I’m someone who can argue with facts and reasoning, using the evidence of experts, instead of throwing around insults.

What’s yours?

Seriously, take it over to the covid thread if you must do this conversation we’ve all heard a hundred times.

roger melrose
    Free Member

Argue about it on the Coronavirus thread then, please.

This is a CV thread, it’s about the CV lockdown rules that Boris broke. Rules that I explained were ridiculous and very damaging.

doomanic

No it isn’t. It’s about the fly-tipped sofa lying to parliament.

Poopscoop

Ok, I’ll pop back later to talk about whether BJ lied to parliament and the ramifications there of.

Good luck all.😉

theotherjonv

(re)joined March 21st 2023

I’m no good at the tracking stuff but who’s this back again?

Back to the point – whether the pandemic response was flawed or not, whether the guidance was correct or not, it was the guidance and he can not have been ignorant of it (and ignorance is not a defence)

The point is he repeatedly told parliament, months after the events, that all the rules and guidance had been followed. His defence, like all these charlatans, is that either it was someone else’s advice or ‘Ah, but those weren’t my exact words, what I meant was’ Weaselling out of what any reasonable thinking person knows to be the truth.

I can’t for the life of me see what other conclusion the SC can reach. When is their judgement / report / whatever? Only contentious issue is what sanction is felt appropriate.

I once again post this

Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies. [He] sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the school for the next half).

I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation that binds everyone else.

roger melrose
    Free Member

The other important point is that they were clearly not at all scared about catching Covid, such that they didn’t think it important to follow the rules themselves. Either that, or they knew the rules were a load of made up tosh – much as confirmed by the Handcock WhatsApp leaks.

doomanic

The other irrelevant point

FTFY. No need to thank me.

MSP

The other important point is that they were clearly not at all scared about catching Covid, such that they didn’t think it important to follow the rules themselves.

The point that has been answered several times, but like boris you want to ignore anything that is inconvenient for the narrative you wish to spin.

roger melrose
    Free Member

like boris you want to ignore anything that is inconvenient for the narrative you wish to spin.

What narrative is that? The narrative of being able to ask questions rather than blindly follow what we are told by our lying politicians and media?

hightensionline

Johnson probably thought he was immune to it a second time around, on account of getting infected in April 2020 with the subsequent time he spent in critical care in a very bad way. That was the belief for lots of people back then, that you became immune after catching it. He wasn’t very well at all, and almost paid the price, but as mentioned, having the support near to hand from colleagues and facilities saved him then.
    He’s thinking it will do the same now for his political career.

pictonroad

^ This helmet joined two days ago specifically to trot out this tripe and derail threads.

You all know better than to respond, particularly you TJ you big soft git.

roger melrose
    Free Member

Johnson was grossly overweight. Aside from old age, obesity, lack of vitamin D, exposure to stress and poor metabolic health were the biggest risk factors for poor outcomes from Covid.

So what did our government do? They lied about vitamin D, they closed the gyms and the sports centres, they stressed people out through a deliberate media driven campaign of fear and by keeping them apart from friends and family, and they kept the fast food takeaways open throughout.

Poopscoop

Ok, youve now posted on the CV thread but are continuing to post here too.

Time to flag you up as spamming.

grahamt1980

Just looking at the front pages after yesterday, clearly the mail headline writers have their noses packed with some Colombian marching powder again. Totally divorced from reality.

roger melrose
    Free Member

You all know better than to respond

Can’t upset the far left echo chamber by allowing opposing point of view eh?

grahamt1980

People might reply if you posted on the correct thread. Piss off over to the covid thread

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Don’t feed the trolls 🤷‍♂️

roger melrose
    Free Member

Ok, youve not posted on the CV thread

Errr I have actually.

tjagain

You all know better than to respond, particularly you TJ you big soft git.

Lolz

davros

Yeah us far lefties are all part of the government machine trying to silence the truth which you are so helpfully trying to enlighten us with. Either that or you’re shouting into the void on the wrong thread.

Take it to the COVID thread, you might find a more receptive audience.

roger melrose
    Free Member

Yeah us far lefties are all part of the government machine trying to silence the truth which you are so helpfully trying to enlighten us with.

You clearly haven’t seen the Twitter files then where it has been proven that dissenting voices (including Nobel wining scientists) on the Covid narrative have been censored or banned from most of the social media platforms and other media. Under instructions from governments no less.

kimbers

I reckon a 5 day suspension and a flounce out of politics before the next GE, focusing all his efforts on getting a seat in the HOL

Failing that he’ll end up with the Boris Johnson Side Boob Hour on GBNews, sandwiched between Neil Oliver’s Conspiracy Rundown and Lee Andersons Rants About MPs with Second Jobs…

Poopscoop

Is there a time scale for the committee to come to its conclusion, anyone know?

binners

You clearly haven’t seen the Twitter files then where it has been proven that dissenting voices (including Nobel wining scientists) on the Covid narrative have been censored or banned from most of the social media platforms and other media. Under instructions from governments no less.

Well I’m pleased that finally somebody is prepared to take on you members of the liberal elite on this forum and finally reveal the truth about how we’ve all been enslaved under the cover of a fake pandemic and had mind-control drugs administered under cover of a vaccine

Welcome Andrew and please keep speaking your truth

If they mock you, then to quote Jack Nickleson… erm…. or is it Jack Niclous… the actor not the golfer, in that film he did with Tom Cruise “YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!”

BillMC

I seem to remember a wodge of evidence that suggested he wasn’t at death’s door at all, it was a ploy. The nurse who looked after him resigned soon afterwards. Plus all the CV victims’ hands he was meant to have shaken at KGH produced silence from the medical staff. He’s an inveterate insidious inventor.

roger melrose
    Free Member

Binners, stop talking shit. Or is that all you can do?

hightensionline

Blimey, who’s upset now?

Poopscoop

@binners, “you make me want to be a better man.”👍

nickc

The narrative of being able to ask questions rather than blindly follow what we are told by our lying politicians and media?

Lyndsey Hoyle has said that Bridgen “has a right to express his views whether others agree with them or not” and a spokesperson for the speaker has said  Sir Lindsay had “no plans” to stop him. so y’know, no one is stopping him saying what he wants to. Whether people want to stay and listen to it, is another thing altogether

Viewing 40 posts - 16,841 through 16,880 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.