• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 8,801 through 8,840 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • bikesandboats
    Free Member

Is anyone else of the view that the reason that the no10 parties are now a criminal investigation is probably so BJ can carry on for another few weeks?

Some potential criminality, leaked by civil servants on Sue Grey’s team to the MET?

I think that is probably the case, let the Met know just enough to make sure they have to investigate then claim that the report cannot be released. It seems to have backfired though now that the Met have said the report can still be released.

inkster
    Free Member

I thought Kirsty Wark missed a trick last night when JRM used a word to describe the situation that I’d never even heard or new existed. He was obviously using it to show how clever he was and using it as a put down to the rest of us.

She should of asked him what the word meant. He would have undoubtedly explained it.

She should of then put it to him that he was using it in the wrong context, to which he would have replied he wasn’t. At which point Kirsty Yoing should have said she was talking about the context of people actually understanding what he was saying.

She probably knew what the word in question meant so thus fell into the trap of not wanting to appear ignorant in front of JRM. That’s not doing her job, her job is to communicate information to the public. She let her ego get in the way and thus made herself look like one of the elite, an insider, not one of us. It would have been better for her if she ‘pretended’ not to know what the word meant.

Peston wouldn’t have let him get away with it. Newsnight really isn’t very good.

tthew

What was the word inkster?

pondo

Was it ambuscade, or something? In place of ambush?

kelvin

ambuscade

Yes. He was just making pointless noise to distract and to help fill the time to avoid answering any questions.

MrSparkle

Now caught out about lying RE prioritising the evacuation of animals from Afghanistan. He said at the time ‘Complete nonsense.’ Email released today says otherwise…

binners

I’m still awaiting a reply from my local MP, James Daly, on the whole Partygate thing. He, like Boris, goes to ground at times like this.

However, he’s covered himself in glory today. He has just publicly invited a colleague to visit Bury Magistrates court! Absolutely unbelievable! The problem for Mr Daly is that Bury’s court was closed in 2017 by the Tory government as part of their cuts!

As a solicitor of 16 years, and a member of the Justice Committee you’d like to expect he might have known this

It probably tells you all you need to know about how much time he actually spends in his constituency

We are governed by utter ****ing morons!🙄

dissonance

He said at the time ‘Complete nonsense.

Not his fault. He was being threatened by a chocolate eclair that if he didnt deny it the doughnuts would be round for a chat.
    It always surprises me that for someone who lies so much he is so crap at it. Then again I guess he has been allowed to get away with it in the past so never actually needed to develop the ability to lie well.

perchypanther
    Free Member

He was being threatened by a chocolate eclair that if he didnt deny it the doughnuts would be round for a chat.

Presumably they’d all be wearing baklavas?

Sandwich

@perchypanther You halva laugh?

somafunk

I thought Kirsty Wark missed a trick last night when JRM used aword to describe the situation that I’d never even heard or new existed.

Kirsty work is a friendly shill for the current government,

martinhutch

Ah, Perchy, how we’ve tira-missed-u.

w00dster

From what I’ve read on the BBC site and those emails, he hasn’t prioritised the evacuation of animals over humans, he’s just approved for them to be evacuated. Or am I missing the point?
    Doesn’t the email just say the vets and their dependents should be considered at risk?

dissonance

Doesn’t the email just say the vets and their dependents should be considered at risk?

There are a couple of emails which arent overly clear especially as they also refer to other charities.
    Its this one which says “their staff and animals”

crazy-legs

It always surprises me that for someone who lies so much he is so crap at it. Then again I guess he has been allowed to get away with it in the past so never actually needed to develop the ability to lie well.

I honestly don’t believe he even thinks before opening his mouth.
    He doesn’t listen to the question, he just knows that when the person opposite him stops talking, it’s Boris Time. Previously, Boris Time would involve him propping up the bar at uni or at some posh after-dinner do where he could say anything he wanted and get guffaws of sycophantic laughter.

He doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about, he doesn’t care. He doesn’t answer the question, he says what he wants to say regardless of whether it’s the truth, some sort of Boris version of the truth or complete fabricated bollocks and regardless of what relevance it has to the question.

w00dster

Hmmm, I’m all for Boris being taken to task for his lies, but not sure this isn’t a case of trying to jump on a bandwagon.
    There is nothing in that last email either that says prioritise animals other humans.
    The tweet saying PM authorised pets before people, but the email doesn’t say that.
    I’d rather not dilute the real lies with what appears to be something that can be proven to be a witch hunt.

doris5000

he’s just approved for them to be evacuated. Or am I missing the point?

A bit – last month the official line was “At no point did the prime minister intervene.”

Now we see it was actually: “In light of the PM’s decision earlier today to evacuate the staff of the Nowzad animal charity….”

So it doesn’t necessarily prove he wanted to prioritise one over the other, but it does show that he did intervene, and lied about it.

kelvin

he’s just approved for them to be evacuated

Which, he said he didn’t do.

martinhutch

It’s just an illustration of how lying is reflexive for him. He just says the first thing that comes into his head to deflect.

eg

w00dster

Yeah sorry, I can see that now.
    But think we should be clear on the wording, it’s not that he prioritised pets, it’s the fact that he had said he did not intervene when he did.
    It seems the tweets are saying the issue isn’t just the lie, it’s the fact he prioritised the animals.

sobriety
    Free Member

Ah, a man whose grasp on reality is so tenuous that he even lies when telling the truth would be the best course of action for him.

maccruiskeen

Was it ambuscade, or something? In place of ambush?

Close. It was Ambushcake.

kelvin

👏🏼

dantsw13

I’m sadly coming to the conclusion that delay & obfuscation has worked & he’s going to get away with this.

kelvin

If you mean keep his job title for now… absolutely. But his own popularity with the public, and voting intentions as regards his party, are damaged for good. He can recover… but he’ll never have a huge lead over the alternatives again. If he can win the next General Election with a majority of one, rather than 80…. he’ll be doing very well.

dyna-ti

The entire political arena in the uk is a complete joke now. there is no honour.

But its not really about how disreputable the average lying brass necked politician is. The real issue in this is how the police choose to act. It’s their reputation thats on the line from where im sitting.

They and the prosecution service cannot claim that although the law has been broken, it is not in the public interest to charge,try and convict Johnson, when the public are outraged by his(and others) actions.

They do nothing is tantamount to the police and prosecution services saying there’s a law for the elite and a law for everyone else.

It is throwing the “Nobody is above the law” straight down the toilet.

dantsw13

You have a better opinion of the public than me………

Once this is off the front pages, it’s just normal business.

They are already claiming that only BoJo could have lead us so spectacularly through Brexit & Covid.

kelvin

I can see him refusing to go, even if he is charged and prosecuted (and made to pay a fine). So much of the expected behaviour of our leaders in the UK relies entirely on their honour, and the honour of the MPs they need to support him. Why would he go, just because he broke the law and lied in parliament to cover it up? Don’t mention the Ministerial Code… he can just ignore all that if his MPs allow him to… and I think we’re about to be shown that the vast majority of them will.

dissonance

They are already claiming that only BoJo could have lead us so spectacularly through Brexit & Covid.

Which I think is true. Its just I would insert a “badly” in there.
    I think the daily hate are a bit concerned that the damage is starting to leak to the tories as a whole so are trying to dial things back and also see the chance to pressure him to do the stuff they love. Wont stop them stabbing him in the back, side and front if it seems best though.

funkrodent

We chose badly…

kimbers

The question was whether Johnson intervened

Which he denied, but the emails definitely imply otherwise

And now…

dogbone

I almost forgot he’d been one of the worst Foreign Secretaries in the last 50 years as well. Quite the cv.

tjagain

Kirsty work is a friendly shill for the current government,

Not really – she gives everyone a hard time.  Was it Peter Bone the other night who got an utter kicking from her?

She is not like Kuenssberg who is a tory shill

raify
    Free Member

This pet rescue thing must have been Carrie Antoinette’s idea?

Does anyone think Bojo gives a toss about animals?

inkster
    Free Member

Peter Bone puts his foot in his mouth so often he is perfectly capable of giving himself a good kicking. He needs no assistance.

grum
    Free Member

More trying to prove he really is a proper Tory **** to shore up support with the base after his disastrous performance as PM:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jan/27/universal-credit-claimants-face-tough-sanctions-in-uk-job-crackdown

Meanwhile, they have scrapped the New Enterprise Allowance which helped unemployed or underemployed people either set up self employed businesses or develop existing ones – with no replacement in the pipeline.

It was funded by the EU btw, so another Brexit dividend to add to the list.

kimbers

Focus group from Bury on Newsnight was depressing, outrage at Johnson for his parties & lies, but a lot of blame on the media for reporting it too much & not letting him get on with his job- even though his job seems to be changing the rules to get his mate off a corruption charge, constantly breaking his own rules, scrounging money off donors for holidays, wallpaper & childcare, constantly partying & telling lots & lots of lies.

dudeofdoom

I can see him refusing to go, even if he is charged and prosecuted (and made to pay a fine). So much of the expected behaviour of our leaders in the UK relies entirely on their honour, and the honour of the MPs they need to support him. Why would he go, just because he broke the law and lied in parliament to cover it up? Don’t mention the Ministerial Code… he can just ignore all that if his MPs allow him to… and I think we’re about to be shown that the vast majority of them will.

Well tbh they were attempting to get rid of that annoying ministerial code before scooby doo turned up.

Or make it more more compatible to their whims.

I think this is the most dangerous government we’ve ever had, they truly don’t give a f.. for the public.

When they said ‘take back control’ they meant it.

reluctantjumper

@grum – that is depressing reading. Having experienced the UC system recently then that rule would have meant me getting sanctioned for not taking any job available 4 weeks before my first payment. They’re trying to set the system up to fail the users before they even think about accessing it.

If Johnson isn’t gone by the end of February at the latest then the whole country is essentially ****.

Viewing 40 posts - 8,801 through 8,840 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.