• This topic has 17,667 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by BillMC.
Viewing 40 posts - 8,841 through 8,880 (of 17,668 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • dudeofdoom

Delay the Gray and ramp up reporting on Ukraine,if it kicks off he’s out of the woods :-(.

I think he’s in an untenable position, but this bloke falls up.

Not sure what the good work he’s done is thou that people seem to say.

I’d say rack up a massive lot of unnecessary deaths and bills.

It’s like Game of Thrones.

willard

I don’t think he can go up against Russia. They have something like 100k troops near the border with Ukrain right now. That is something like 50% more than the ENTIRE STANDING BRITISH ARMY. He knows that sending troops there to fight alongside Ukraine would just mean they get to come home in bodybags.

London is also a lucrative place for Russia to do business and play. “Three beards” Lebedev is a friend of his and he (Johnson) likely knows that Putin has dirt on him, so I genuinely doubt he’ll do anything other than bluster about sending troops. Weapons, sure. Training, yeah. First sign of trouble?

nickc

I don’t think he can go up against Russia

It’s not really about numbers though.

ferrals
    Free Member

There was a US report that was highlighted yesterday that stated that the UK is not expected to assist against Russia due to the Russian influence on the conservative party and the substantial amount of russian mony in London, to the extent it is called ‘Londongrad’

I’ll see if I can find the twitter link,
    edit.

Also in the times today, but need to register so I’ve not read it:
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/its-not-germany-but-britain-that-is-barring-effective-sanctions-on-putin-dxs3fdqm2

willard

No, it is. Russia has technology too. It has tanks (waaaaay more than we do) and artillery, all the things that we and the Ukraine trrops lack. And they have numbers. And they have more numbers to the north in Belarus. And they have special forces and separatists in Donetsk (allegedly).

Ultimately, it is all about numbers, because you have to be lucky all the time, they only have to be luck a few times.

mashr

I’d say rack up a massive lot of unnecessary deaths and bills.

It’s like Game of Thrones.

You’re giving him too much credit. He’s like Zapp Brannigan at best

dudeofdoom

And apparently ‘train’ing in more by the day.

Bluster may be enough thou, Borisworld doesn’t seem to have a relationship related to actual results/reality.

bruneep

More flag shagging distractions

dazh

This **** needs a proper slap (sorry but it’s true). He was on the news after PMQs yesterday banging on about ‘captain hindsight’. How any self respecting member of parliament can bring themselves to use a phrase which belongs in the schoolyard is beyond me. FFS MPs are supposed to be serious people. This a***hole typifies everything that is wrong with politics today.

Richie_B

Its school bully level stuff but on which planet does he think he is in a position to make fat jokes?

kelvin

So… new target to shore up support… the unemployed. So very predictable. Yes, it will work.

dazh

Here he is again. What a c***!

grum
    Free Member

Urgh

colp

Caught a bit of the news on TV earlier (can’t remember which channel) and they were hinting that the Grey report will lean towards blaming civil servants for not giving Boris clear guidance.
    Absolutely sickening if true.

inkster
    Free Member

Blackford is a good contender for “bloke most likely to start a fight in a pub.”

Can you imagine him with a few pints in him?

dazh

Blackford is a good contender for “bloke most likely to start a fight in a pub.”

After that fat joke I was really hoping he’d march across the chamber and stick one on Johnson. Given how much the tories have debased politics it really wouldn’t have been out of order. It really is about time labour and the SNP showed some fight rather than turning the other cheek and soaking up the lies and abuse.

inkster
    Free Member

I wonder how many Conservative voters would vote for Putin if given the chance?

We have to Remember that although many here see Putin as a bogeyman, for many he is a role model. Certainly for Trump and I can’t see a single thing that Johnson has done that wouldn’t meet with Vlad’s approval.

It’s worthwhile remembering that Russia didn’t move from communism to Putinism, The new Russian constitution held firm(ish) for a few electoral terms until Putin managed to rewrite the constitution. I’m just waiting for a Tory to describe Russia as a democracy when interviewed…

And with the numbers thing, it’s worthwhile reminding our flag waving patriots here at home that for every Briton that died in the war, 50 Russians died.

inkster
    Free Member

The West’s position on Ukraine is barely even posturing, we are spectators to events and when you listen to Ukranian Ministers tàlk you realise that they know it too.

For the general public in the west there isn’t even a frame of reference within which to understand the situation, history complicates the situation way beyond any simple cold war analogy, what’s going on there seems more like Brexit with bullets.

dazh

The West’s position on Ukraine is barely even posturing

Ukraine thread??

dudeofdoom

I think I’ll join the Tory party an get a Tory Card,if ever stopped by anyone querying your behaviour just flash them it, that’ll do nicely sir.

It’s like a new American Express card,the card that signifys the rules don’t apply to you.

binners

I see that the Tories are throwing more ‘red meat’ to their base to try and shore up ‘Big Dog’.

So you now have to take ‘any’ job on offer within 4 weeks or your entitlement to benefits stops

This was so utterly predictable once they’d sent all the immigrants home, because…erm… Brexit.

So it now doesn’t matter what your actual job is, what you’re trained and qualified in, that fruit isn’t going to pick itself.

I’m sure that this won’t at all be ruthlessly exploited by unscrupulous employers. Which I suppose is the whole point

Another step closer to the reintroduction of the Workhouse

Poopscoop

Yeah, I noticed this.

Of course the DWP have never caused any deaths from imposing them with utter contempt for those most at need.

stumpy01

dazh

This **** needs a proper slap (sorry but it’s true).

You can see him in much of the PMQs session this week, just making loud noises in the background with his big mouth flapping about.
    Looked proper yobbish.

What annoys me about the speaker of the house is he repeatedly makes threats to remove people who shout & disrupt, but then never actually does it.
    He’s like the teacher who always threatens to kick you out of class, but never does.
    He needs to stop proceedings one day, point people out & tell them to leave; then not allow the session to restart until they have gone.

binners

He’s about as likely to do that as he is to tell Johnson to actually answer the question he’s been asked rather than just banging on about vaccination programmes

martinhutch

Apparently the yob mp is a former teacher!

matt_outandabout

So it now doesn’t matter what your actual job is, what you’re trained and qualified in, that fruit isn’t going to pick itself.

I will place a bet now as well – even if the job is 30 miles away with no public transport, no childcare available for the early start needed to get there, you will be docked universal credit for saying ‘but I cannot get there’.

binners

I think we can take that as a given

Even in a government as hideous as this lot, somehow Therese Coffey seems to stand out as particularly unfeeling and inhumane

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

So you now have to take ‘any’ job on offer within 4 weeks or your entitlement to benefits stops

Plays well to the angry red face “they’re all lazy scrounging scum who should work for their dole” gammon crowd.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Also, for some reason, I just cannot help thinking of that episode of Futurama when Bender was turned into a human.

binners

Plays well to the angry red face “they’re all lazy scrounging scum who should work for their dole” gammon crowd.

Though they seem very relaxed about billions of quids worth of fraud and huge scale tax evasion

Richie_B

Though they seem very relaxed about billions of quids worth of fraud and huge scale tax evasion

Its the way the verb works:

I am an entrepreneur
    You sail quite close to the wind
    He is a crook
    We support free enterprise
    They are lazy scrounging scum

Apparently the yob mp is a former teacher!

PE or IT ?

Kryton57

I’m starting to think this country is becoming hateful enough that I want to leave it. I can’t bear opening up the news everyday to see the next round of exploitation by these corrupt and contemptible turds.

Poopscoop

Can’t believe that guy is an MP.

Surely his real home should be ranting on YT for hits.

Boris… He’s basically on the campaign trail isn’t he?

Luckily not much going on in the country/ Europe/ world that needs his attention at the moment…😟

mattyfez

I’m starting to think this country is becoming hateful enough that I want to leave it.

Which is kind of an own goal for the brexiteers, whilst pretending to be kicking out the ‘illegals’ but ‘not realy’, they’ve effectivley locked in a lot of UK citizens that can’t leave now, even if they wanted to.

The Sack has been sewn by the racists, let the rats fight!

kelvin

Operation “Red Meat” isn’t it…

– tough on the “work shy” (otherwise know as lower income job hunters)
    – (pretend to) mobilise the military to “protect our borders”
    – keep saying we only have vaccines because we’re not in the EU
    – get your hard hats on and walk around the grounds of some supportive big business
    – remind everyone they now have their “freedom” (mask wearing not enforced by law)

Operation “Save Big Dog” next…

– scrub the internal report so that everyone but Johnson takes the flak
    – “sack” some civil servants from no10 & Cabinet Office (redeploy them in the FCO)
    – welcome the “clearing of PM” when police investigation falls short
    – keep saying that the public want to move on, and the opposition needs to stop banging on

maccruiskeen

London is also a lucrative place for Russia to do business and play. “Three beards” Lebedev is a friend of his and he (Johnson) likely knows that Putin has dirt on him, so I genuinely doubt he’ll do anything other than bluster about sending troops. Weapons, sure. Training, yeah. First sign of trouble?

I wouldn’t doubt that a little bit of sabre rattling on the border of Ukraine to create the tension to keep a limping lame-duck PM in office and a country continually politically paralysed by small differences….. is the whole point of the exercise for Putin just now.

mattyfez

We’ve all seen the heavily redacted government report into Russian interference in UK politics.

There were more scrubbed out lines than there was content.

If that doesn’t tell you something, then, well…

tjagain

Now caught in another lie over evacuating dogs from Afghanistan.  a pointless lie at that as he probably would have got public support for it

dudeofdoom

Boris… He’s basically on the campaign trail isn’t he?

He’s never come off it,it’s the only thing he’s good at.

Which is kind of an own goal for the brexiteers, whilst pretending to be kicking out the ‘illegals’ but ‘not realy’, they’ve effectivley locked in a lot of UK citizens that can’t leave now, even if they wanted to.

Yep,the days of just rocking up in Spain is long gone, unless you got the coin.

dudeofdoom

We’ve all seen the heavily redacted government report into Russian interference in UK politics.

Wasn’t the telling thing that they didn’t actively investigate the Russian interference in the Russia report 🙂

The UK Government have actively avoided looking for evidence that Russia interfered. We were told that they hadn’t seen any evidence, but that is meaningless if they hadn’t looked for it.

Viewing 40 posts - 8,841 through 8,880 (of 17,668 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.