• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,001 through 4,040 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • dantsw13

For me it’s about honesty. He is a liar, and always has been.

PrinceJohn

At least the headline writers are having fun today

‘Interior Resign’

‘Boris Painted into a Corner’

binners

I’m quite disappointed in the Mail for ‘wallpapergate’. Surely they can do better than that?

Nadahim Zahawi is on the radio now, dancing on the head of a pin to refuse to answer the question about who paid for the decorations. They really don’t want us to know who paid that initial invoice, do they? We know that Bozza has had to shell out in the end, because he’s very disgruntled about it, but he didn’t pay that bill until he was forced to, so who did?

Shall we all start wildly speculating on who it is? Given that Downing Street seems to now look like one of his establishments, I’m going with his old Brexit Buddy….

dissonance

It’s absolutely ****ing hideous!!

That isnt the No 11 flat though. As far as I am aware there are no photos in the public domain for it. Thats either the designers own house or their showcase example.

I cant disagree on the assessment though and can only say if I saw that as a showcase example I would be asking “so who is next on the short list?”.
    Although in fairness some of their other stuff looks a tad better than that although not quite the level of wow I would be wanting for the spend.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’d love for this corrupted weasel to lose his PM post before 24th July, so that he hasn’t been PM for two years and so doesn’t qualify for the ~£150k annual pension awarded to PMs.

On what grounds? Take your pick, the list is almost endless, the worst PM we’ve had in at least the last ~50 years.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I can’t stand Johnson.

He’s a corrupt, lazy and a liar.

However, I don’t understand why he, or any PM, would have to pay for the refurb of Downing STreet property? Surely they should be maintained by the state?

the-muffin-man

For me it’s about honesty. He is a liar, and always has been.

And people were well aware of this before he was elected. He’s never been known for his honesty or impeccable private life. This will be water off a ducks back.

Take your pick, the list is almost endless, the worst PM we’ve had in at least the last ~50 years.

Worse than Cameron? Blair? Thatcher? Major? May? The bar is set very low for the ethics of past PM’s.

dissonance

However, I don’t understand why he, or any PM, would have to pay for the refurb of Downing STreet property?

The answer is easy. They dont.
    The main building is covered by the taxpayer including all the serious maintenance.
    The private flat gets a 30k a year allowance for fitting out the flat to their personal tastes.

Its only if you have very expensive tastes that you would need to spend your own or a donors money.

binners

However, I don’t understand why he, or any PM, would have to pay for the refurb of Downing STreet property? Surely they should be maintained by the state?

They don’t have to pay for anything. It is paid for by the state (us).

He had 30 grand of taxpayers money (per year) available to do the flat up, but that proved far too little to keep Carrie Antionette in the manner to which she thinks she should become accustomed. They were short by 170 grand. Thats what happens when the wallpaper you choose is 900 quid a roll

BadlyWiredDog

Keep up. The PM gets £30k per year to spend on new soap dishes, IKEA shelving units and whatever else he or she wants to inflict on themselves and family. Johnson chose to spend three times that or more, apparently because Carrie couldn’t stand the awfully vulgar John Lewis furniture that Theresa left behind. Which would be fine if he simply paid for it himself rather than scrabbling around trying to find clandestine ways of getting someone else to foot the bill.

kerley
    Free Member

And based on the fact that previous tenants may have also been spending £30K each year on kitchen, bathroom, decor etc,. it is probably not exactly in a bad state and in need of anything urgent to the tune of £88K

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Carrie Antionette

Deserves more credit.

Chapeau.

fasthaggis

Deserves more credit.

Chapeau.

Indeed,let the plebs eat cake.

binners

I can’t take any credit for it. Someone on Twitter came up with it as a hashtag

Utter genius!

This image went with it

fasthaggis

^^ and as Mr Pie reminds us,she gets to see Johnson naked,what a lucky person she is.🤢

PrinceJohn

I don’t understand why you would ever want the seats to match the wallpaper?

Why are you camouflaging your furniture?

dissonance

Why are you camouflaging your furniture?

In case Gove pops round? If he doesnt see the seats then he might get bored standing around and sod off.

exsee
    Free Member

The frothing is crossing over to the spending but I don’t think labour want that conversation💰💰 Blair and Brown both spending big across their terms and far more than Cameron and May, it appears May didn’t spend a large amount so an overhaul prob due👍

The issue is only about who funded it and why🐒

PJM1974
    Free Member

Because the PM gets a £30k a year stipend for decorating No 10, what Alexander and Carrie wanted was *way* more expensive than that, hence the begging bowls to Tory donors. You’ve got to look at the optics too – even that £30k allowance is more than the median UK annual salary.

Worse than Cameron? Blair? Thatcher? Major? May? The bar is set very low for the ethics of past PM’s.

Yes, much worse. Johnson’s retort at PMQs yesterday was riddled with verifiable lies, one after the other. That’s not a one off, Johnson’s government has taken cues from Steve Bannon and is weaponizing alternative fact wherever it can, supported by a craven media that has him in their pocket.

Carrie Antionette

Indeed. The fact that all this shithousery was going on as people started dying in their thousands from Covid shows where priorities were.

PJM1974
    Free Member

The frothing is crossing over to the spending but I don’t think labour want that conversation💰💰 Blair and Brown both spending big across their terms and far more than Cameron and May, it appears May didn’t spend a large amount so an overhaul prob due

That’s not quite true is it? As a percentage of GDP, spending under Blair actually fell if you compare 1990-91 to 2006, spending spiked around the 2008-2014 timeframe under both Brown and Cameron, due to QE policies to prop up the banking system. Those QE injections were debated in parliament and backed by the Conservatives and continued when the coalition came to power in 2010.

It’s also worth noting that Public Debt as a percentage of GDP increased from 65% in 2010 to approx 82% by 2018 – the argument that Labour overspent while in power and the Conservatives didn’t is a fallacy.

Klunk
    Free Member

do love the no one’s interested line yesterday and it being all over the front pages today.

binners

As Johnathon Pie pointed out yesterday, if Boris’s minions are so determined to tell us, over and over, that nobody is interested, then we should be very very interested indeed.

dovebiker

I see the resident Tory fanboy has turned up exclaiming “Nothing to see, move on!” With his whataboutery. The one big difference between now and the last Labour administration is they we’ren’t engaged in the industrial scale shovelling of public money into the pockets of their chums and donors, but just keep up with the deflection.

dissonance

The difference is all of those lied occasionally.
    Whereas with Johnson its that he tells the truth occasionally.
    He is on a different scale.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hang on, I have an allowance to do up something owned by the public, overspend, getting a donation to help, then pay it back to the donor when I’m caught. That’s kinda money laundering isn’t it?

(Not that any Tory donors would ever need their money laundered – that’s all been done with property deals and by their mates in the square mile…😂)

kelvin

I don’t understand why you would ever want the seats to match the wallpaper?

Posh people love it. I’ve seen it plenty of times (that’s the horse world for you). They normally only do it in a way designed to last a generation (or multiple generations) though. And they don’t borrow the money in a way that makes them beholden to others.

BillMC

It’s a spiffing sofa. (sp?)

Klunk
    Free Member

now it’s all the civil services fault he’s going for “I was only following orders” defence.

#carrieantoinette 😀

Houns

– Missed 5 COBRA meetings
    – Downplayed pandemic
    – Late to lockdown x 3
    – Openly excused Cummings’ lockdown breach, critical of others who broke same rules
    – “Operation Last Gasp” jibe
    – Broke ministerial code and offered tax breaks to procure ventilators
    – Corrupt PPE procurement process
    – Paid over the odds for excessive, sub-standard PPE from party donors and MPs’ mates
    – Backed Home Secretary over bullying
    – Appointed the unqualified and inept Dido Harding (wife of Tory anti-corruption minister) to head track and trace programme
    – Paid 37 billion for track and trace
    – Headed global death rates for some time – still have the most Covid deaths in Europe

And yet I’ve just had a notification from the Independent flash up on my phone saying that Bozo’s polling lead has increased. This county is ****

exsee
    Free Member

Pjm, I was talking about the spending of public money on No.11

Labour do not want that discussion, this is about who funded and why👍

If the frothers help this matter drift into the amount spent then imo they will be helping big bozzer⛄

kelvin

saying that Bozo’s polling lead has increased

Polling up to the 26th? Not that I expect this week to change things much with his supporters. There will be more to come though… Johnson is bound to have piled up things like this ready to be leaked or uncovered… time won’t be kind to him as he makes enemies of his fellow travellers… and he always does, because they all learn the hard way that he has no loyalty towards any of them, and lies to all of them.

the-muffin-man

And yet I’ve just had a notification from the Independent flash up on my phone saying that Bozo’s polling lead has increased. This county is ****

That’s what I’m saying – the general population really don’t give a monkeys.

You could say this is because no MP is considered honourable, they are seen as all as bad as each other and it in for themselves.

nickc

I keep staring at that picture that Binners posted…it’s magnetic, like one of those magic eye pictures…

binners

because they all learn the hard way that he has no loyalty towards any of them, and lies to all of them.

It was one of his former aides when he was London Mayor who said:

“Everyone loves Boris….

… apart from those who know him”

FuzzyWuzzy

it appears May didn’t spend a large amount so an overhaul prob due

I dunno, the room she was interviewed on that they showed on the news looked fine to me (the sofas needed to go though), granted it was only one room – I struggle to believe the rest of the flat was in state it needed a massive overhaul though.

I sometimes wonder who pays John Lewis prices for interior decor stuff (I picked up a cushion that was on sale once and it was still £90…), nice to know the PM is so far removed from the masses he considers John Lewis low grade…

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s absolutely ****ing hideous!!

The heavily patterned sofa will hide the spunk stains better if Carrie comes home unexpectedly early one day, though.

batfink
    Free Member

That’s what I’m saying – the general population really don’t give a monkeys.

You could say this is because no MP is considered honourable, they are seen as all as bad as each other and it in for themselves.

Nah.

To my previous point – if you’re not bothered, you don’t understand. Not you, obvs

The issue is: why don’t people understand? Blame for that lies squarely at the feet of the opposition and the press. Just as it does for the way boris has completely **** ed up brexit, and completely **** ed up covid…. but there is a huge chunk of the electorate who (wrongly) believe he’s their champion. Why/how do they believe that? And how can that be countered?

It’s very trumpian. Who is Britain’s Biden? I thought it would be starmer…. but it seems not

dannyh
    Free Member

Some things never change….

nickc

nice to know the PM is so far removed from the masses he considers John Lewis low grade…

I think for me, this just adds to the joy of this story I seriously doubt Johnson gives a **** about the decor. Carrie almost certainly cares deeply. Which, given that he didn’t want to pay for it, got found out, and had to pay for it out of his own pocket while complaining that he’s taken a massive pay cut and can’t afford to settle his divorce and to top it all off… is still in the shit, perhaps even with the cops…Perfect.

You just know he’s seething about the whole thing, and wants it to go away. You just know that he feels that it’s all so unfair, and he’s taking it all very personally. It won’t be the downfall of him, I have no illusions about that, but watching the fat **** squirm is just about enough for now

richmtb

You just know he’s seething about the whole thing, and wants it to go away. You just know that he feels that it’s all so unfair, and he’s taking it all very personally. It won’t be the downfall of him, I have no illusions about that, but watching the fat **** squirm is just about enough for now

I know its glorious, undone by decorations.

But as plenty have said, if he would lie about his **** curtains then what other dodgy shit is waiting to be found out.

I’d not be so sure he will wriggle out of it though, if the Electoral Commission finds against him then he might be history.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,001 through 4,040 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.