• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,041 through 4,080 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

Pjm, I was talking about the spending of public money on No.11

Labour do not want that discussion, this is about who funded and why👍

If the frothers help this matter drift into the amount spent then imo they will be helping big bozzer⛄

Point well made, thank you.

crazy-legs

Where, in all of this, is little baby Johnson? Have you noticed there is literally nothing in the papers, no photos, no “look at how amazing Carrie looks after giving birth” articles…?

Is there some sort of injunction on it or a general “we’ll play nicely” agreement from the press not to hassle anyone about it? If it was a royal baby, we wouldn’t be able to get away from the little brat but here – it’s almost like there is no child at all…

Surely if you have a baby around the place, you don’t go spending £840/roll on wallpaper and £3000 coffee tables, you buy some wipe-clean stuff for when it’s flung it’s poo at you and then vomited over everything…?

kelvin

Leave the kids out of it. Whoever the PM is. If the media stick to that, I welcome it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    batfink
    Free Member

Surely if you have a baby around the place, you don’t go spending £840/roll on wallpaper and £3000 coffee tables, you buy some wipe-clean stuff for when it’s flung it’s poo at you and then vomited over everything…?

As somebody who’s toddler has just thrown up all over him – I fully endorse this. We are wondering when we can have nice things again.

kerley
    Free Member

but there is a huge chunk of the electorate who (wrongly) believe he’s their champion. Why/how do they believe that? And how can that be countered?

It is his character and personality. We may not fall for it but many do and that seems to let him get away with stuff.
    How do you counter it, get a similar characterful personality as leader of Labour while all the proper stuff is done by people behind the scenes. That character is not Starmer and it is not any current Labour MP so that is a big problem.

BillMC

Johnson has been plagued by irritations arising from curtains.

budgierider67

My fingers are crossed that this is true.

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s odd, though as it seems Johnson knows he knows. :/

binners

A senior QC made the comment on observing an early PMQ’s to the effect that when a former DPP asks you a direct question like that, he already knows the answer.

I certainly hope that’s the case

Never mind Carrie’s wallpaper and who did or didn’t pay for it, if he’s actually on the record as saying that then he’s toast

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

Johnsons slack jawed face at the end there was brilliant!

theotherjonv

As somebody who’s toddler has just thrown up all over him – I fully endorse this. We are wondering when we can have nice things again.

Honestly, by the time the risk of shite and vomit disappears, you’ll be so broke you can’t afford it anyway.

Unless you’ve got a mate that’ll ‘lend’ you the cash at favourable terms, John Lewis is aspirational TBH. 2nd hand Argos with the laminate wood effect peeling off for normal folk.

Oh, for a one off £30K windfall to refurbish my house!!

PJM1974
    Free Member

First rule of Bannonism is to double down, deflect and deploy alternative facts to bludgeon your opponent. It doesn’t matter if you’re telling the truth, it’ll play well to audiences kept angry and outraged at highly selective and edited media soundbites.

Johnson is in many ways the perfect Bannonite PM – everyone knows that he’s full of bluster and hasn’t bothered to avail himself of the facts, that enough people can be persuaded to view Johnson as “their” guy sticking it to an imagined enemy. In the meantime lots of things are happening behind the scenes that barely warrant attention.

We need a progressive alliance in the UK now more than ever.

kelvin

Oh, for a one off £30K windfall to refurbish my house!!

The PM gets that every year… it’s not even a one off windfall. Can’t wait twelve months for that new sofa though, or compromise on one that only costs a few grand… can’t have the PM “living in a skip”.

matt_outandabout

It does seem from Starmer that he may have the evidence.

I wonder if sources are being protected / ducks lined up legally.

hmmm.

scuttler

You can imagine Dom having an array of recording devices and a fully indexed and tagged audio archive. His bigdata mates will have plenty of tools at their disposal to make light work of anything so mundane as a digital audio recording including, all the deep-fakery necessary to ‘fill the gaps’.

Harry_the_Spider

Heard her referred to as Carrie Antoinette the other day. This amused me.

molgrips
    Free Member

There’s no way Starmer would have said that in that way if he didn’t have evidence. He lured Johnson into a trap, he just hasn’t sprung it yet. Hope he manages to pull it off.

tthew

Would have been awesome if Keir has stood back up after the

‘He should bring that evidence to the house and substantiate that accusation’ remark with.

‘Right you are sunshine. Will next Wednesday’s PMQ’s be soon enough?’

So hoping you’re right about the proof being out there.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah BoJo’s response “who exactly is supposed to have said those things” seems like he’s hanging onto a technicality so I wonder if he said only part of it or someone in the meeting read out the comment that he’d made or he said but pseudo-quoting someone else?

willard

Or he wants to know who he can smear/tarnish first.

The easiest way to make that person be ignored would be to make them seem unreliable and/or get people to make their life hell.

Shit, or just sack them.

BigJohn

Looks like it’s curtains for Boris.

falkirk-mark

Would have been awesome if Keir has stood back up after the

‘He should bring that evidence to the house and substantiate that accusation’ remark with.

‘Right you are sunshine. Will next Wednesday’s PMQ’s be soon enough?’

So hoping you’re right about the proof being out there.

He is possibly waiting until a few days before maybe an election of some sort.

thegreatape
    Free Member

And that’s on top of whatever mess young Wilfred makes.

eskay

That clip up there of Starmer’s questioning is awesome!

johnx2
    Free Member

Leave the kids out of it.

How ever many there are acknowledged to be. Has this actually been established? Cba googling.

On wallpapergate, given he’s already been sacked two or is it three times for lying, he’s probably more relaxed than most of us would be just brazeningit out

joepud
    Free Member

That clip up there of Starmer’s questioning is awesome!

yeh totally it was Kier at his best, it leaves boris with no where to go. Agree with the comments above it was asked in such a specific way he must know something. Hes got him on record saying its all a lie he never said it, and paid for the refit with his own money. If this turns out to be a lie Boris has gambled big and my lose it all.

kelvin

I’ve had this running through my head for too long now not to share…

MoreCashThanDash

👏👏

PrinceJohn

He’s definitely trying to paper over the cracks…

downshep

Hoist by his own pelmet?

kimbers

Starmer wants the audio to come out for the Sunday papers?

Can media report on it day off vote, what are the purdah rules?

However would it be legal for cummings to record it?

As much as I’d like to hope Starmer has since zinging evidence waiting in the wings, I suspect he just knows he’s got to play the long game, vaccine bounce well keep Johnson safe in locals and for a while more.
    Sleaze will pile up slowly, Trump like.

dannyh
    Free Member

There’s no way Starmer would have said that in that way if he didn’t have evidence.

Tricky, though, because if there is a recording it may well have come from Dominic Cumstains. Now, Dom might well take the view that a few million and a peerage could persuade him to cast doubt on his own evidence and/or version of events.

This is the problem of allowing lying, machiavellian shits too close to power.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Whilst it is satisfying to watch the odious sleazebag squirm a bit, tales of his demise are somewhat exaggerated… as yet.

Here’s hoping.

Or maybe he should stay in post until election time. Who or what would replace him?

fadda

Who or what would replace him?

Is the reason I can’t get too carried away with de feffel potentially getting what he deserves…

PrinceJohn

Someone has just gone up in my estimation…

maxtorque

I like how Boris “bigs up” the successful lock down.

is that the one that both completely paralysed the entire country AND was ultimately so in-effectual that abuut oh 140,000 people died? That one right??

PJM1974
    Free Member

Top trolling by Sir Keir. That’s absolutely world class.

MoreCashThanDash

If that Starmer pic is real, that truly is a top effort – though maybe a little premature to be planning the next £30k refurbishment of the flat.

However would it be legal for cummings to record it?

Public interest defence? How ironic….

Though I also have concerns over what may follow Boris into power. Better the devil we know? Or another reluctant but valiant time-waster like Theresa May?

kimbers

Johnson was at great pains to tell us how much he loved JL today

I guess it’s an aspirational thing & Johnson duende want to lose his man of the people touch

BillMC

Johnson’s reaction to the comment about misleading parliament and resignation was visceral. Chapeau!

Viewing 40 posts - 4,041 through 4,080 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.