Home Forums Bike Forum Bolle Safety Specs

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bolle Safety Specs
  • gs_triumph

Hi,

I need to get new glasses.  Have used bolle sillium for a fair few years now.

Any others i should be looking at?  £15 max

I’ll only leave them on a bench somewhere or ride over them after a coffee stop.

doomanic

I used Bolle Tracker II for a while, until I got some Oakley’s in a sale. The Tracker II were pretty OK, but not a patch on the Oakleys.

bigginge

Might be what you already have but I prefer the silium+ over the normal silium glasses. They have a much light weight plastic frame and much better quality lenses with their platinum anti fog/scratch coating which actually seems to work. 

alpin
    Free Member

Bolle are pretty good when it comes to safety lenses. 

Had a set for riding years back….. like early 2000s. Looked half decent. 

Would wear them at work (and do,but now… 

Goggles when riding. 

Northwind

HAve you got a decathlon near you? They do some basic riding glasses that are basically just safety glasses, but they have good rubberised ear bits and work better for me than most safety glasses do, and cost IIRC £5. They scratch a bit took easily though. From what I remember they feel pretty similiar to the Siliums but have a clear frame (which I prefer, ymmv)

I used to use Bolle Bandido, really basic and cheap but good.

Davesport

I get safety glasses provided free gratis but just use whatever’s there. So this was always Bolle but then these Pyramex Proximity Glasses turned up. Definitely better glasses than the equivalent |Bolle’s I’ve had. Scratch resistance, resistance to fogging, & overall lifespan are much better. My glasses get dogs abuse & the lenses on these seem to last a lot longer before getting hazy. The foam seal unclips from the specs for cleaning.

I’d buy these if I wasn’t getting them supplied :o)

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought a pair of bolle from eBay for about 11 quid. Comfy and seem to do the job. Time will tell re: longevity.

footflaps

I bought some Bolle safety glasses for use in the Workshop, wasn’t impressed by the clarity of the lens, had quite a distortion. Now using some Stanley ones, which are much better.

chakaping

Re. Decathlon, I’ve had a lot of use out of these: ST 100 MTB Sunglasses Category 1 – Yellow ROCKRIDER – Decathlon

Do they do a clear version?

mark90
    Free Member

I really liked the bolle spiders but they are discontinued now, that’s not really much help is it.

muddipete
    Free Member

I use Volt x safety glasses pretty good and cheap and have different lens colours added bonus for me is I’m knocking on a bit now and they do a version with a reading lenses at the bottom of the lens which is a perfect if I need to look at my phone or sort a mechanical

Northwind

@chakaping, yep, there’s a clear and a darker version too

gs_triumph

Thanks guys.

Those pyramex look decent.  Might give them a bash if I can find them in UK stock where I do have to buy a pallet 🙂

Also like the idea of thoseVolt X with the diopter.  I tend to wear my old contact lenses for cycling – eyes have degraded beyond that prescription now but have boxes left over from subscription.  The diopter might be useful for when eyes are tired.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.