• This topic has 345 replies, 171 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by cp.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 346 total)
  • Black Friday – what deals have you seen / looking for
  • rockhopper70

We are after a new Tv, 43”. Got a 20% off code on eBay and it would apply to this, which brings the price down by another £60, so tempted, but should I keep my powder dry and wait for Black Friday, or new year sales. More often than not, limited products seem to be halved in price,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325305657634?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=eHKIueYOQ-q&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Dlm06GXeSkC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

pk13

That panni is a Hitachi unit 7/10 sound is poor on them

convert

@crazy-legs

Oh and if anyone sees a decent offer on a small Chromebook (like really dinky, very lightweight), please let me know!

Just ordered one of these :-

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/asus-flip-cm3200fm-12-2-in-1-chromebook-mediatek-processor-64-gb-emmc-grey-10230194.html

Reviews are pretty positive (actually most of the reviews are for the first flip cm3 with a less good processor, so hoping a bit better again). I was after a dinky 2-in-1 and decided a 3:2 ratio screen was the thing to have. I’m not expecting rocket ship performance at that spec/price but it seems like it should tick all my modest boxes.

rockhopper70

pk13
    That panni is a Hitachi unit 7/10 sound is poor on them

Ah, right. I’m not that clued up on tvs so how about this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394293566432?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=XsyL5QEUR7W&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Dlm06GXeSkC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165551749158?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=tvf6AueORh6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Dlm06GXeSkC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Both will benefit from another £60 off.

We are sort of restricted by the stand type as it will sit on a sound base so one big foot, or quite a narrow stand is needed. Cant really accommodate stands with individual legs at each end.

frogstomp

Worx 40V cordless mower with 2 x 4ah batteries and dual fast charger for £150. Will do nicely as a replacement for my aging LIDL one and the batteries will double up duties with the other Worx things I have.

pk13

Spec of the Samsung belowhttps://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/6e202c06
    50/60 Hz
    Not bad for normal telly again the sound won’t be amazing but if you have optical in on your sound system no issues.
    What are you watching your tv through?
    Stb or digital roof antenna

ayjaydoubleyou

@crossed yes please

rockhopper70

We’ve got a denon sound base with optical in. Sounds great.
    Signal is just from a roof aerial. No sky, subscriptions or what not. Fire stick currently used which may be redundant.

walowiz

@Daffy

A set of Santoku knives to replace my Global ones which keep breaking.

Where did you see a deal on these ? About the only thing I’m interested in this years Black Friday, is replacing our global knives.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Rockhopper, the 20% off on eBay comes round all the time. I’ve bought a couple of things this year using it. I reckon once a month maybe.

alan1977
    Free Member

yep, i also grabbed a set of Vel wheels from sigma sports
    23mm alloy gravel allroad thingies.. was after comfort not speed so much 🙂 look nice, considering the money

cheers_drive

Anyone seen any deals on Tado radiator valves?

Royston
    Free Member

I just saved $1200 on a Commencal Meta TR Essential. Glad I waited as I nearly clicked the mouse 10 days ago when they discounted $600
    All this discounting does make me wonder what the mark ups are as presumably there is still a significant profit on the cost price.

bikesandboots

76projects sent out a 30% off code for those already on their mail list… Was working on already discounted items earlier so I managed to pick up a pair of Exposure Trace / TraceR Lights for just over £50

£49 at Exposure’s own outlet store.

Northwind

Bikester one’s worked great for me, I wanted another dynaplug so nabbed one of the kits, and they’ve got my favourite odi grips in it too so I’ve bought, er, 5 sets.

dudeofdoom

All this discounting does make me wonder what the mark ups are as presumably there is still a significant profit on the cost price.

yep the bikester 70% one is an eye opener.

(The woho bikepacking kit is actually very nice,you can never have enuff bags 🙂 )

devash
    Free Member

That Bikester PSA is one of the best ones I’ve seen for a while.

Ordered a WTB Volt titanium rail saddle from them when it was 60% off but now they’re down to £30 each with the 70% That’s an insane price.

stevextc
    Free Member

Funny you mention as the distributers are sending email with “70% markup” in their titles.

frogstomp

Funny you mention as the distributers are sending email with “70% markup” in their titles.

As above, reports of overstock.. so probably trying to liquidate as much as they can before things really tighten.

stevextc
    Free Member

Example:

Tifosi Offers – Up To 65% Margin

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Discounting stuff by 70% doesn’t mean there’s necessarily enough markup in there to make a return on it at that.
    It could very easily push it to below cost.

Anything sat on a shelf is costing money, especially if you’re in the volume game. It’s better to sell at a loss than not sell at all, and it can be better than throwing it away depending on how you account for it.

Tifosi Offers – Up To 65% Margin

Yes but no.

Sure the glasses cost eg £10 and have an rrp of £29 but you’ve got to pay rent, power, wages, tax, shipping, packing and so on. So by the time you’ve sold that pair of glasses at rrp (or more likely rrp -20%) you may only actually make £0.50, so yes the headline numbers sound big (and 65% Margin for a retail rrp is about right, historically it was about 200% markup to rrp back when retail meant highstreets) but the actual profit/return on that can be very small.

stevextc
    Free Member

dangeourbrain

Yes but no.

Well exactly.. hence I haven’t even opened the email 😉 just copied the subject line.

jam-bo

if you look at the 70% discounts on bikester, most of it is on odd sizes, colours, etc. stuff that’s been sitting on the shelf for a while.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

if you look at the 70% discounts on bikester, most of it is on odd sizes, colours, etc. stuff that’s been sitting on the shelf for a while.

Didn’t stop me placing 2 orders though! (one at only 50% off though the rotters)

chakaping
    Free Member

I went through 30-odd pages when it was a mere 50% off, seemed to mostly be ladies’ swimwear past a certain point.

Rubber_Buccaneer

if you look at the 70% discounts on bikester, most of it is on odd sizes

Luck of the draw as to whether you find something useful. I ordered 2 Dynaplug inflator kits, 2 spare (bare) Fidlock bottles and a couple of Magura bleed syringes. With the discount it was worth having them spare for when needed.

grahamt1980

I went through 30-odd pages when it was a mere 50% off, seemed to mostly be ladies’ swimwear past a certain point.

Your personalised ads might be interesting for a while

richmtb

Brand X Ascend droppers are £70 on CRC. Good price for a reliable budget post.

TiRed

Garmin Varia 40% off. Light version has 20% off too. thought I’d give it a try to add to the Fly6

https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/p/669024/pn/010-02254-00?gclid=Cj0KCQiA1NebBhDDARIsAANiDD18V4YFhljceyrWtHqDe5OCIJ-nuRbmck07orqLfIVQo2hMPD4rfOkaAqV4EALw_wcB

binners

For random day-to-day stuff; as an immaculately groomed, almost Beckham-esque metrosexual I just popped in to boots to pick up some smelly stuff and their Black Friday offer is half price on lots of deodorants and shaving stuff, so I’ve just bought about 2 years worth of toiletries and shaving whatnots. Result! 😃

Houns

Climate change is terrible, why won’t somebody DO something??’

‘Oooh, shiny gee-gaws! Take my money!’

This.

However, any Whisky deals, Speyside, then let me know

crazy-legs

However, any Whisky deals, Speyside, then let me know

Master of Malt has some deals but to be honest the best discounts are usually on Amazon. I’ve had plenty of decent mid-priced stuff from them before.

This one is worth a look:

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

so I’ve just bought about 2 years worth of toiletries and shaving whatnots. Result! 😃

You should have said Binners

binners

Dear god! What a combination! 😳

Form an orderly queue please laydeeez

freeagent
    Free Member

76projects sent out a 30% off code for those already on their mail list…

If anyone is willing to share this code it would be appreciated…

Tracey

@freeagent 76projects sent out a 30% off code for those already on their mail list…

This is what I was sent

This year we’re not doing Magenta Weekender, instead we’re doing a whole fortnight (or fornite for our American cousins or gamers)!
    Newsletter subscribers get 30% off all products on basket spends of £30 and over.

Enter Magenta22 at checkout.
    Offer runs from 12 noon GMT 16th November – 23.59 GMT 30th November

stevextc
    Free Member

so I’ve just bought about 2 years worth of toiletries and shaving whatnots. Result!

For me that’s a bar of soap and set of new blades… don’t use shampoo except when I get grease in my hair from working on the bike/van, minimal soap so a bar lasts 2 yrs and can get a set of blades to last until they rust using the electric hair/beard jobbo.

davros

Good deal on these Mavic wheels. £300 for crossmax XL 29.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/mavic-x-max-xls-mtb-wheelset/rp-prod212186

jamesoz

minimal soap so a bar lasts 2 yrs

2 years out of a bar of soap? Are you sure it’s not been swapped for a stone?

cheers_drive

@freeagent
    If you’re name’s not on the list, you ain’t coming in.
    If you are a subscriber then Magenta22 will work 😁

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 346 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.