• This topic has 345 replies, 171 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by cp.
Viewing 26 posts - 321 through 346 (of 346 total)
  • Black Friday – what deals have you seen / looking for
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Has anyone seen any good deals on walking/hiking gear? I’m looking for a new pair of trousers.

frogstomp

Has anyone seen any good deals on walking/hiking gear? I’m looking for a new pair of trousers.

Go Outdoors have Rab, Montane etc. trousers in their BF section plus an extra 15% at the moment.

peterno51

There was a question re iPhone 13 further back. I’ve taken advantage of an offer from Three of an iPhone 13 on a two year contract with 100gb of data for £29 a month and £50 upfront.

It was a move from elsewhere to three for me, but if three sucks then if nothing else its an interest free payment plan on the iPhone as the cost (including the contract) over 2 years is the same as buying the iPhone outright.

Also the Sony headphones mentioned (mx4) are now £219 in a number of places, including John Lewis.

honourablegeorge

YoKaiser

Has anyone seen any good deals on walking/hiking gear? I’m looking for a new pair of trouser

Saw some in the Arcteryx outlet earlier

cb

Arcteryx is also 15% off the outlet prices at the moment

Kryton57

Two 250g bags of Pact House coffee for £12 before midnight tonight, details on their website.

cp

as the cost (including the contract) over 2 years is the same as buying the iPhone outright.

Don’t forget Three are now on the december CPI+3.9% bandwagon price rise, so in April 2023 your monthly payment will go up circa 15% and then from April 2024 it will go up another chunk whatever the CPI happens to be in December 2023. If CPI is still 10/11% by then your £29/month turns into £33/month in April 2023 and £38/month in April 2024.

Just something to be mindful of…

peterno51

Good point, I had considered that and practiced a bit of Man Maths for it, i.e. ignored it.

It did make me wonder what the other networks/broadband suppliers % increases were.

spacemonkey

Has anyone spotted a good deal on a hooded waterproof/breathable biking jacket? I’m hot running so would sacrifice a little waterproofness for breathability…

Check out some of the jackets at SportsShoes. I picked up some BF Higher States kit last year and am well impressed.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

@chainbreaker

Magura MT7 Pros for €210. Can buy them separately at €105 to avoid import duty.

https://r2-bike.com/MAGURA-Disc-Brake-MT7-Pro-HC-SET

Have emailed them to ask if they’ll do two Singles for 220

They replied:

das können wir machen, hinterlasse hier bitte im Kommentarfeld deinen Wunsch nach zwei separaten Lieferungen.

Die Versandkosten müssten wir dann aber zweimal in Rechnung stellen.

🙂 happy days.
    Just need to know if The dropper lever and shifter will fit on. Anyone know?

Not sure how to do this bit though:

@thegeneralist
    – use the code R2ORANGE for an extra 10% off – brings them down to €109..

walowiz

Also the Sony headphones mentioned (mx4) are now £219 in a number of places, including John Lewis.

PSA re the Sony XM4, on Amazon, if you go to the main xm4 page Sony xm4 And then scroll down to new and used, there are lots on there from Amazon warehouse that have an additional 20% discount applied at checkout. If you scroll down a lot some are described as “new”. I ordered some Saturday and have just opened them and they are like new, in what looks like a new box – and work perfectly. I paid £163.

Tracey

On the MT7 set we have they came with an adapter plate for the shifter and gear leaver. You can buy them separate for around £15 per side. I think the rotors are also thicker for these brakes

The verdict is still out on these as although they have been set up by the local bike shop and again by Magura whilst in Finale they are no where near as good as the Codes or Saints we have on similar bikes.

If they had been we would have bought another set at that price.

I’m told that the Oak Root levers will transform them but shouldn’t have to throw £140 extra at any brake

Rio

Worx 40V cordless mower with 2 x 4ah batteries and dual fast charger for £150. Will do nicely as a replacement for my aging LIDL one and the batteries will double up duties with the other Worx things I have.

Whilst registering this for the extra warranty I noticed Worx have 25% off everything on their web site. Some things are still cheaper on their Ebay store though.

mahalo

I’m told that the Oak Root levers will transform them but shouldn’t have to throw £140 extra at any brake

the MT7 levers are the best thing about them, for feels anyway – its a shame they are made out of cheese. mine have been held together with twigs and cable ties for 12 months. but they do feel great, and stopping power is great too. My main problem was the noise. no matter what i did, they were always noisy, not so much when braking, but when rolling normally like the calipers were misaligned. tried new rotors, tried various different pads, had the calipers stripped and rebuilt – they were always perfect in the stand, but 5 minutes riding down the road the squeal would creep back up!! i had to get rid in the end!

andy5390

4.5 years into a 5 year John Lewis warranty, and the back lights on my LG TV seem to be giving up the ghost – purple patches on the screen.

JL got a local repair place to look into it, they said the parts are no longer made by LG.

JL got back to me with “If we did somehow repair it, the 5 year guarantee will only have 6 months left, so have a refund with vouchers to spend as you wish”

New 50″ LG ordered from their Black Friday sales, and being delivered on Wednesday. Old one gets collected tomorrow, thus guaranteeing a cracking England/Wales match

10/10 for customer service

I hope I’ve measured correctly, as it’s going to be a tight fit

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Many thanks Tracey and mahalo

Doesn’t sound too great tbh. The idea of a brake worse than an Avid sounds quite terrifying. Perhaps I’ll just stick with shimano, at least I’ve had a 50% success rate with the Shimano 4 pots 🤔🥺

oikeith

76projects sent out a 30% off code for those already on their mail list…

Piggy with zip case ordered! Been looking at this for awhile and 30% off helped give me the push to buy

trail_rat
    Free Member

So lots of things one could want …

But did find a drayton wiser 2 kit that I need for about half price.

binman

Hopefully the finish will last a bit longer on the stanchion and will need less fettling than my current dropper:

https://winstanleysbikes.co.uk/fox-transfer-performance-elite-2021-dropper-seatpost#186=4398&204=18740

didnthurt

@YoKaiser

I’d definitely try on the Montane trousers before buying. My wife bought me a pair in 32″ waist (which is what I normally wear) and they’re a very strange fit. They’re tight around the arse and waste yet baggy around the thighs and lower legs. Unless this is the norm for walking trousers.

My Giro mountain biking trousers are so much more comfy and better fitting.

In fact I’d think twice about buying anything made by Montane. Their clothing just doesn’t fit as well nor made as well as Rab, Northface, Berghaus and others. I’m beginning to think that they’re the Endura of hillwalking clothing.

simon_g

Finally caved and ordered a Vitus E-Sommet VR. CRC had put the price up by £100 but Wiggle still at £3k. Made a new account to get 7% cashback from quidco so another £210 off.

burgatedicky

To give Montane a bit of credit I’ve had two pairs of terra stretch trousers for years, abused them walking and climbing and travelling; never put a hole in them and they seem to see going and going…
    Montane’s prism jacket is a classic too, mine seems as impossible to kill as the terra’s.
    Maybe their quality has dropped more recently, but I cannot fault the clothing I have.

DT78
    Free Member

finally caved in if anyone is after adjustable dumbells they are about as cheap as they get here:
    5kg – 32.5kg Quick Select Adjustable Dumbbell Set + Bench Package

£30 cheaper if you don’t need the bench.

stories flooring had some half decent deals on joblots but not the versions we were after. Still on the hunt for deals on karndean

boardmanfs18

If anybody is after a full face helmet and don’t mind the looks of it, Specialized Gambit here for £135 if you use BFSAVE15 code.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Gambit-Full-Face-MTB-Cycling-Helmet_244765.htm

cp

Woah, the thinkrider x5-2 is £220 with code BFSAVE30, and 4% topcashback

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.ETC-ThinkRider-X5-2-Smart-Trainer_237587.htm

Viewing 26 posts - 321 through 346 (of 346 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.