• This topic has 345 replies, 171 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by cp.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 346 total)
  • Black Friday – what deals have you seen / looking for
  • DT78
    Free Member

OK.

so far bought phillips hue strip and extensions. £55 + 16 from amazon

looking for discounts on internal doors and amtico/karndean flooring (fat chance i know)

ElShalimo

I’m looking for a new knee but not found one in the 100s of bloody Black Friday emails I’ve had

crazy-legs

How does Black Friday now seem to last all of November?!

Oh and if anyone sees a decent offer on a small Chromebook (like really dinky, very lightweight), please let me know!

Daffy

A set of Santoku knives to replace my Global ones which keep breaking.

frankconway

Kuhn Rikon pressure cookers.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

A wife in Primark.Non available so far.

peteimpreza

Seen and taken advantage of the offers on Exposure lights.

Looking for a deal on a Rega Planar 3

scuttler

I miss the old skool Black Friday. Internetz = dull.

weeksy

Merlin have not only cheap Maxxis, but also extra reduced prices.

vlad_the_invader

I’m after a Google Pixel 6a (I think…)

I may also splash out on a new TV seeing as the (sole) existing TV is about 12 yrs old and “only” 37″ & 720p resolution. Keep in eye out for a new thread as I know sod all about TVs these days 😃

reluctantjumper

Bought a new phone last weekend on a pre-Black Friday deal, a Pixel 6 with case and screen protector kit for £350. Thought it was a Renewed/Recon one at first but a closer look at the listing showed it to be a new one, turned up in a sealed box so very happy. The deal has now gone and is back up to the £450 mar like a lot of other places. Also picked up a few Mini bits from the MiniSport sale that should arrive this week, some of which will sit on a shelf for a decade!

cp
    molgrips
    Free Member

Because there’s an impending recession and retailers have to shift goods asap to reluctant consumers to pay their energy bills.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Trying hard to think of a reason not to get one of these…

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Orbea/Occam-M30-LT-Mountain-Bike-2022/VE6O

Poopscoop

^^ True but I think it’s lasted for weeks for a few years now.

beaker

Sigma Sports have some Black Friday sale stuff… they are fast becoming my go to over CRC and Merlin.

swdan
    Free Member

I’ve ordered some carbon Vel wheels for my road bike from Sigma. 45% off and they are pretty much my local shop to boot

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

A set of Santoku knives to replace my Global ones which keep breaking.

How in the holy hell do you keep breaking knives?
    Are you using them as hammers/spanners/tyre levers/anvils or what?

nickdavies

^id be buying a Samsung S95b at that kind of money personally, i wish id waited a bit longer before buying the awful LG thing i ended up with 12 months ago.

I annoyingly missed out on a £125 exposure race just before bf, now i cant bring myself to pay the ‘cheap’ £175 the black friday deals currently want 😂

Bought some winter mtb boots though.. toasty feet for me!

bruk

Had ordered one of the frame Samsung but had to send it back as slim mount meant it didn’t fit over the power and data input I had put high up the wall to hide any wires!

Shame as it did look lovely.

hooli

I don’t really need anything at the moment but for some reason I keep opening the PSA threads and then I do need something.

nbt

anyone seen any DWR / water repellent bib shorts (or bib 3/4s) for a non stupid price?

chakaping
    Free Member

Innit.

I’ve already spunked my wad on heavily discounted bike stuff from CRC, Superstar, Sport Pursuit and others. All 50% off or more.

I think they’re all trying to get in early in anticipation of people having less to spend, what with the cost of living crisis and all.

crazyjenkins01

Merlin have not only cheap Maxxis, but also extra reduced prices.

Thanks Weeksy, that just cost me £85!!!!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How can we have black Friday, when it’s not even a bank holiday?

The original reason for the sales is it’s the day after thanksgiving which is usually a holiday as well, so people did their Christmas shopping.

Seeing as we don’t have the day off to go shopping, it’s just a load of shops trying to extract as much money from your wallet as soon as possible before you have chance to spend it on Christmas shopping somewhere else.

I’ve already spunked my wad on heavily discounted bike stuff from CRC, Superstar, Sport Pursuit and others. All 50% off or more.

generalmtb
    Free Member

I’m quite tempted by an Öhlins Privateer 141 and was about to pull the trigger but there are more options on sale now … choices choices 😀 https://www.privateerbikes.com/collections/privateer-bikes-black-friday

Drac

Seeing as we don’t have the day off to go shopping, it’s just a load of shops trying to extract as much money from your wallet as soon as possible before you have chance to spend it on Christmas shopping somewhere else.

Who knew.

I’ll be topping up my PS+ account on Friday.

crazy-legs

How can we have black Friday, when it’s not even a bank holiday?

The original reason for the sales is it’s the day after thanksgiving which is usually a holiday as well, so people did their Christmas shopping.

Oh it’s definitely an American import but I think it also tied in with the rough time in the year that shops reached break-even point and could therefore afford to discount stuff as well as create space for next year’s tat essential consumer products.

I still remember – when BF first became A Thing – of fights in supermarkets as everyone rushed in to grab TVs. The Asda near where I worked at the time had to close its doors for a few hours while the police sorted it all out!

Traditionally BF was supposed to be an in-store thing with Cyber Monday an online one but now it’s just a mad consumer frenzy for most of November…

chakaping
    Free Member

Seeing as we don’t have the day off to go shopping

I’d assume the vast majority of “Black Friday” shopping is done with a mouse, possibly during work hours.

Black Friday is just a (quite effective) marketing label, even if we know that its coming and that retailers have stocked up especially for it.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m quite tempted by an Öhlins Privateer 141 and was about to pull the trigger but there are more options on sale now … choices choices

That 161 XT looks like the pick of the crop to me.

Personally I’d have the extra travel if I were getting a bike that chonky.

tabletop2
    Free Member

If privateer had a frame only on sale I would probably jump on it.

Trying to think about how much I can sell the parts on it but it does invite a lot of hassle

frogstomp

anyone seen any DWR / water repellent bib shorts (or bib 3/4s) for a non stupid price?

Sportful Fiandra NoRain Pro bib shorts? No personal experience of them but Sportful stuff is generally top notch..(watch out for the sizing though)

nbt

thanks @frogstomp

doomanic

Any cheap MY23 29er Zeb Ultimates out there? They were £700 on CRC a couple of months back but I dithered and they are now £900.

weeksy

I’m looking fora Shockwiz… Biketart are currently the cheapest but a bit less would be even nicer.

stcolin
    Free Member

Would quite like a new TV, but think we’ll just wait.

amtico/karndean flooring

We have that in the new house. Hate it, absolute bugger to clean, stains really easily.

desperatebicycle

I bought a Commencal Meta Hardtail from CRC. Started building, but needs a headset, so have ordered one from Superstar with a BF code 🙂

Just now tried to order one of the bargain Pixel phones, but kept getting errors and timeouts on the Google store so gave up. I’m sure my Pixel 3a will last another year anyway.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think the Pixel 6a is the same price at many outlets.

pondo

Keeping my eyes open for an air fryer.

A set of Santoku knives to replace my Global ones which keep breaking

As in, knives from santokuknives.co.uk? Bought a set earlier this year, our first proper decent knife set – they are amazing (to us, who know no different!) but be aware they took aaaaaaages to arrive and their customer service didn’t reply to a single query. So don’t plan dinner parties to showcase them until they turn up. 🙂

They are lovely knives, though. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 346 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.