• This topic has 345 replies, 171 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by cp.
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 346 total)
  • Black Friday – what deals have you seen / looking for
  • bri-72

Re the TransZ dropper I got one a few weeks back. All good. AFAIK it’s TransZ who make the brandx stuff anyway. As the non RAD versions are basically identical.

The +RAD version looks to be the same with a lower profile collar and the really simple travel adjust collar insert.

No issues and given the transz/brandx levers ain’t great, treat yourself to a decent lever with cash saved. Free delivery on that link too.

TranzX +RAD Adjustable Travel Dropper Post – 30.9mm – 170 – 200mm Travel

scaredypants

great find @jamesoz and @bri-72 – they also offer a fiver discount if spending £50 or more for friends using “my” code as NEW customers (I don’t THINK I get anyting out of it so I reckon this is OK to post here):
    https://loox.io/z/N1-G8yqUp

pictonroad

Great discount at Tiny Rebel, finally found a Black Friday deal I can get behind

https://www.tinyrebel.co.uk/beer/the-fridge-filler

jamesoz

The +RAD version looks to be the same with a lower profile collar and the really simple travel adjust collar insert

Yeah I bought it as it looked ideal to put on the OH/guest MTB. It gets little use but the 2nd hand KS dropper on there is flakey at best.
    Dead handy if I can alter the drop for taller/shorter riders without too much fuss, especially at £55.

cp
    spacemonkey

For reasons that only my missus can explain, we have 4 (yes, 4) hoovers; a portable Makita, a cordless Dyson wand for giving the house a once over most days, a corded Miele and a corded Dyson animal thing. It’s ridiculous.

Last week the Dyson animal blew up and naturally the missus wants a replacement. I’ve informed her that we really don’t need to go down that road, but she’s adamant we do. Now, this isn’t a battle I’m going to win, and she’s the sort of person to do literally 2 mins of research and hit BUY on the first (often expensive) thing she finds. So, with BF deals in the offing, does anyone have any pointers? I’m thinking of Shark this time round. Reckon I can convince her that we don’t need to go above £200.

chainbreaker
    Free Member

Last week the Dyson animal blew up and naturally the missus wants a replacement. I’ve informed her that we really don’t need to go down that road, but she’s adamant we do. Now, this isn’t a battle I’m going to win, and she’s the sort of person to do literally 2 mins of research and hit BUY on the first (often expensive) thing she finds. So, with BF deals in the offing, does anyone have any pointers? I’m thinking of Shark this time round. Reckon I can convince her that we don’t need to go above £200.

Dyson is seriously overpriced/overrated. Go with Meile if you want a decent vacuum that will last. Mines has been going 10 years and showing no signs of wear.

iainc

We had a few Dyson models over the years and replaced with Shark about a year back – better in every way !

https://sharkblackfriday.co.uk/?promoproduct=NZ690UKTDB&gclid=CjwKCAiA7IGcBhA8EiwAFfUDsY7Q5z8fjpP-1sPwWq78YsmjxqUTIkpyh9Zre3Kwe9_5cw-Lvt6qghoCCEAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

whatgoesup

+1 for Miele

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Whatever you do, don’t buy a Miele vacuum, they are shit. Or at least our is.

The head is so shaped that it just sucks itself into the floor with no way für the air to pass in ( with associated dust and detritus).
    This also means its impossible to actually slide along the floor.

It’s just **** awful

jamesoz

We’ve got a Vax Blade. It’s quicker to get on your knees and pick up the dirt by hand. It basically draws the biscuit crumbs or whatever mostly up the wand, then all falls out again if you switch it off.
    Regularly cleaning it out with a compressor helps, but it’s easier just to grab the Henry instead.

whatgoesup

Whatever you do, don’t buy a Miele vacuum, they are shit. …. The head is so shaped that it just sucks itself into the floor with no way für the air to pass in

Odd, not my experience at all. I did also buy the spinny carpet head for it, but for hard floors go back to the standard head, but with the brushes extended.

whatgoesup

To hopefully balance our my own rock’n’roll post above talking about vacuum cleaner heads… some guitar content

Anderson’s have 40% of PRS SE Hollowbofy guitars – I just made a total impulse purchase of a hollow body ii in black gold burst. I’ve had my eye on them for ages but cold not justify the cost. At this price it’s a no brainer – that’s cheaper than the S/H value of a guitar like this.

jam-bo

S/H scaffold tower from eBay. Does that count?

kimbers

Mieles are brilliant, ours lasted 12 years when the motor died they were unable to sell me a replacement motor and even tho out of warranty offered me a replacement vacuum at 50% discount!

pondo

Ninja have a slightly odd BF thing for fast cookers, if that counts – they’re doing some “special edition” stuff cheap, the non-copper coloured version of this is normally £350 or so, it’s been out of stock everywhere but got an email today from Ninja saying they’ve got more, so just placed an order. 🙂

https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-foodi-max-dual-zone-air-fryer-af400ukdbcp-zidAF400UKDBCP

Back out of stock within hours, sadly, but ours turned up today – now, I may have had a sherry or two more than I should for this time of night, but holy COW it’s good! 🙂

breadcrumb

Has anyone spotted a good deal on a hooded waterproof/breathable biking jacket? I’m hot running so would sacrifice a little waterproofness for breathability…

whatgoesup

Less “deal” more STW standard practice “recommend what you’ve got” – the Montane Dyno is simply brilliant for this. Mostly waterproof, mostly windproof, but very very breathable, very tough, it’s my go-to outer for the majority of the year apart from the depths of winter / heavy rain or those nice few months where t-shirts suffice. I’ve got two and wouldn’t be without either.

jam-bo

30% off across the board at howies.

scaredypants

Has anyone seen a deal on “good” cordless, decent-size drill anywhere ?  (Don’t need hammer/impact, just a decent sized chuck and some OK power)

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I got a two pack of bogroll from poundland.Gone up 25% in cost this year.Think it’s shrinking as well!Or my bum is spreading.

breadcrumb

@whatgoesup which Dyno is it? Is it a regular jacket that works for biking or a specific biking cut? Does the hood go over the helmet ok?

Tracey
    breadcrumb

Thanks Tracey 👍

What’s the sizing like with Altura?

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Seeing as vacuum cleaners are on-topic, I bought a Henry. Wasn’t on offer, but the suction is every bit as good as the cloth-bagged one its replaced (on hardwood and carpets). Quieter too.

I could have bought a bagged amazon brand vacuum, but I appreciate the larger bag volume on the Henry. That and spares availability.

There are alternatives to Henry’s own-brand bags, with purportedly improved suction.

While I was on amazon, I noticed that Stuntman pack mounts for go-pro are back in stock at a normal price.

In case they start rationing gas:

1.6kg Lightweight Sleeping Bags For Adults – Rectangular Style – Extra Wide & Warm Snuggle Sleeping Bag by HiGHLANDER https://amzn.eu/d/4ifGDnU

Tracey

The jackets seem to be correct to their zizing guide

5lab

@scaredypants Amazon had some deals on Bosch blue

b33k34

Odd, not my experience at all. I did also buy the spinny carpet head for it, but for hard floors go back to the standard head, but with the brushes extended.

another happy Miele user for many years. I think the newest, cheapest, models come with a different head that’s not nearly as good. I found a dumped vac that I reconditioned and sold on eBay. The non Miele head I bought for £10 was as good as the old Miele ones.

If you’ve a lot of hard floors the “parquet twister” head is a good investment.

scaredypants

thanks 5lab, I’ll see what pops up

breadcrumb

@Tracey

The jackets seem to be correct to their zizing guide

Thanks again. I’m borderline between medium and large. Might try large as a few reviews day they can be short on the arm/tight on the shoulders.

frankconway

scaredypants – deals on drills at FFX, screwfix & toolstation.
    Have just bought a Festool cordless drill from FFX which was £80 less than Screwfix – who don’t price match.
    Pricy piece of equipment as are batteries/chargers/all of their accessories but worth it.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Update on the pixel 6 from Currys.
    I went in-store this morning at Preston capitol centre and they offered me £100 trade in for my phone so the pixel 6 would be £300.

Might be worth calling in as they have stock even though online it says otherwise.

chewkw
    Free Member

Just a small slow cooker 1.8L Crockpot from Fenwick £15.30.

Kryton57

Thanks for the Altura PSA, hats a pair of Esker trousers for half price!

Unrelated and in return, Jura 10yo and Monkey Shoulder whisky’s in Sainsbury’s for £22.

oceanskipper

Oakley have 50% off and if you browse in Edge and use the coupon plugin there is a coupon that gives an additional 10% on top.

slackboy

Has anyone spotted a good deal on a hooded waterproof/breathable biking jacket? I’m hot running so would sacrifice a little waterproofness for breathability…

if you are near the lakes then Bike Trek in Ings are doing 50% of fox and Noronna stuff in stuff – plus loads of other bargains to be had. They had loads of 5 ten shoes for about £50

if you aren’t near the lakes then they are doing 3 for 2 on full priced stuff online.

cb

Anyone seen alything tempting on iphone 13s or 14s – on contract preferably?

gurnster75
    Free Member

PSA Selcof Carbon 27.5+ or 29er Fork Matt Black for £108 plus £7 delivery with code BFBEST20 at PlanetX

dirtyrider
    Free Member

the vacuums from Screwfix are decent for 50/60 quid

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 346 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.