Home Forums Bike Forum Bjornart Steel Orbea Bolt

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bjornart Steel Orbea Bolt
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

@bjornart

Hi ther Sir,

12 hrs

Hi there Sir,

12 hrs

Hi there Sir,

12 hrs

You wrote a post 2 years ago about the steel version of an Orbea Oiz shock bolt (lower). As I have broken 3 bolts now I am trying to find the steel version. But Orbea does not have a steel version so I was wondering where you found it if I may ask. 4

Apologies if this is a scam what various people got….

Sorry bjionart. The shit UI doesn’t allow me to reply to your message.

I just checked my email. I got the bolt direct from Orbea….

Ref.: 12300181

FRAME-SHOCK STEEL FIXING BOLT OCCAM 2020

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Also worth trying pedalscycles in Edinburgh. They were really useful.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Ha, I suspect @bjornart may have been caught by the old ‘it’s not return it’s enter’ message behaviour.

I should have bought one of those bolts for my Rise, I just know the aluminium one is going to break if I don’t sort it soon.

StirlingCrispin

I just know the aluminium one is going to break.

If your frame is carbon it will seize in place and the frame will need replaced under warranty.

superstu
    Free Member

Can’t believe orbea still haven’t sorted this

bjornart
    Free Member

thanks for replying here generalist!
    @rubber yes I fell into the retun/enter trap. Embarassing :-)

@superstu
    yes it’s strange that Orbea haven’t fixed this. Searching in various Oiz FB groups for «bolt» it’s easy to see that many people have had this. Orbea should have fixed this and done a recall note. I believe that this is a safety issue – especially going downhill at speed.

After some investigation I believe the problem *might* be that the cylinder that go into the bushing eyelet of the shock doesn’t rotate. Instead the cylinder rotates around the bolt, weakening it until it snaps. I tried with som grease on the outside of the cylinder, and now it turns more easily inside the bushing. It will be interesting to see if the bolt snaps again.

see picture:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0edoxO2yElFFYTVqlaxnBAZbQ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.