Home Forums Bike Forum Bitex Hubs..any good

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bitex Hubs..any good
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Specifically the BX106. Looking at a set of road wheels, and an option in budget is a set of wheels built on Bitex Hubs. Any real world use feedback? Cheers

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Don’t know the models, but I’ve got 3 pairs built into Just Riding Along wheel sets and they’ve all been trouble free. Not sexy or exciting, but just work. The pair on my summer road bike are a decade old and bar the odd regrease haven’t been touched. The winter roadie wheels I had to replace the pawl springs after 6 or 7 years, the gravel wheels are only just a year old and I’ve not done any maintenance on them yet – will have a look soon though.

Northwind

Yeah, they’re good, and have pretty good parts availability. Mine were an older model but I could still get every part for it. They’ve crept up in price to the point they don’t feel as bargainey any more mind. But then that applies less in builds. I probably wouldn’t buy them any more to build a wheel but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a wheel with them in.

argee

Always been regarded well by wheelbuilders as they’re at a decent price point and i think they’re more sold as hubs only rather than wheelsets, JRA and Ryanbuildswheels both use them extensively, so that’s pretty telling for me that they’re decent.

Matt_SS_xc

Can’t remember the model but we have them on our tandem via ryanbuildswheels. Bomb proof for filthy off roading and freehub has handled tandem torque. Can’t fault them

P20

I’m happy with the wheels from JRA and they use Bitex.

ton

mine have been faultless.

103f and 103r  on rigida rims from Spa cycles.       proper bombproof wheels for a big un.

ransos
    Free Member

Ryan builds wheels recommended them to me, they’ve been fine so far.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Cheers all, sounds like they are a good choice.👍

intheborders
    Free Member

Another happy owner of Just Riding Along wheels with Bitex hubs, 4,000 miles on my gravel bike – still straight as a die, so a +1 for both JRA & Bitex.

larrydavid
    Free Member

The Cycle Clinic wheels I have are bitex 106 hubs.

I ride a pair on a commuting bike through winter with nil maintenance over 2 years and seldom washed. The front perfect, no need for any attention. The rear eventually the feehub bearing died but it was a 5 minute job to replace and spares are easy to get.

They would be my go to if you are looking for reasonably light, good value, serviceable durable hubs.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Yes, I bought what have turned out to be a very nice pair of wheels from Pacenti in Devon and they use Bitex. Decent freehub, easy to swap from QR to bolt through etc. I prefer them to the hope pro 4s.I have on another bike.

ElShalimo

@ton – would you recommend Spa Cycles handbuilt wheels?

I need some new ones for my old gravel bike: 700c, 9mm QR and Spa are one of the local-ish options that still do QR wheels

nealc
    Free Member

@elshalimo by all accounts you’ll either get awesome customer service or told to eff off within 2 minutes at spa, depending on the position of the moon. Read the Google reviews it’s pretty funny.

ElShalimo

😆

ElShalimo

I ordered some wheels from Spa as they were the only localish place building 700c QR wheels for not silly money

u1v1w1
    Free Member

Seems like Bitex BX106R is holding up to 160Nm of torque provided by BBSHD (40t:51t).

Bearings still seem to be smooth despite having to hammer (rubber mallet) in hex bits in stripped hex skewers caused by siezed threads (blue threadlock).

Also seems to be as quiet as typical Shimano.

infovore

+1, I have them on my road wheels. Bitex and Novatec both often get white labelled onto other manufacturers wheels.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.