Home Forums Bike Forum Bird Aeris AM

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Bird Aeris AM
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

And yes, ML. Size-wise, it feels very similar to my Large Tyee did

ryanmart96
    Free Member

I’m getting the black frame and stuck between the gloss and matte protection kits, I can imagine the matte looks great when everything is new and clean but can be a bugger to get clean again! Anybody had this experience?

benpinnick

I fitted a gloss black kit the other day to a frame;

Aeris AM

This one had some graphics issues that gave it a white ghosting, so it is a demo bike now. Normally there would be less.

ryanmart96
    Free Member

@benpinnick have you wrapped any with the matte wrap yet? I just know the gloss will be much easier to wipe down!

benpinnick

Yes, the matte is fine, I don’t think there’s a massive difference in cleaning them, both are better than paint, and both can be ceramic coated if you feel that way inclined. I just wanted to let you know what it looks like incase that was a factor.

benos

@benpinnick Do you by any chance know if there will be a M invisiframe kit soon? Maybe you know of someone sending a frame over to them.

benpinnick

I don’t think an invisi option will happen anytime soon, but ridewrap will be available shortly.

ryanmart96
    Free Member

Just seen Remy Metailler’s matte black wrapped bike with matte ride wrap and it looks mint. Gone with matte!

sharkattack

Any chance of adding Ohlins to your fork and shock selections?

benpinnick

If you want Ohlins we can do it but the price is high. We had an OE deal set up but then our OE manager left and we’re in limbo again.

bikesandboots

Just seen Remy Metailler’s matte black wrapped bike with matte ride wrap and it looks mint. Gone with matte!

Thought for a moment there he’d left Propain for Bird.

ryanmart96
    Free Member

For those who are also waiting like me,

From Dan – we just had confirmation that they left the factory, should be with us in about a week. (Those that are pre-ordered being air shipped)

tabletop2
    Free Member

Anyone using a coil shock with these? I assume they work well?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Talked to Ben at Ard Rock and kinematics are very close to the the alloy 9 so yes, coil shock happy

tabletop2
    Free Member

Thanks

Pretty tempted by the frame only. Just need to decide on colour

chakaping

Talked to Ben at Ard Rock and kinematics are very close to the the alloy 9 so yes, coil shock happy

And as I think we’ve discussed, if it’s similar to the Aeris 9 then you’ll need a low compression tune – even on a coil shock.

If they sell it with the Formula Mod, that’s been an awesome shock (once I changed the CTS widget for a soft one).

How you getting on with yours?

tabletop2
    Free Member

Right. Decided I’m going to order a frame. Any more pics of the grurple? Can’t decide on which colour

tabletop2
    Free Member

If it was just a single dark purple I’d probably be keen but unsure on the whole multi colour thing

DickBarton

Probably not the place, but do any Bird owners have the water bottle adapter that they don’t use? If so, would you be willing to sell it please?

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.