Home Forums Chat Forum Best mobile network in Glasgow

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best mobile network in Glasgow
  • ad4m
    Free Member

So, have always been with O2, but my contract with them has finished and looking to move to a different network as I’ve been getting a poor signal in my local area (SE glasgow) for a while now. A new phone and SIM (Old one got jammed in old phone) confirms that its the network rather than any hardware issues.

So what is the best network, mainly looking at EE or three but want to hear from anyone local if their network is actually any good before I commit to a new contract. Cheers.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

[/url]
    ….. mobile
    IGMC…..

Cougar

You should be aware, there are just four UK backhaul carriers. O2, Voda, Three and EE.
    Everyone else resells their services.

I’ve no idea about Glesgy specifically but Voda are almost universally the worst option nationally. So your question is really “Three or EE?”

If I were jumping ship from O2 tomorrow – and I was about to do so before CV hit and I barely leave the house any more – I’d be going with Smarty. They’re resellers of Three and do 30GB of data for a tenner per month. That’s hard to beat.

Cougar

… that said, having looked,

https://www.nperf.com/en/map/GB/2648579.Glasgow/-/signal/

EE seem to be the best up there and 3 the worst.

dmck16
    Free Member

Recently moved to SE Glasgow – my EE service isn’t that great, noticeably slower than both the Tweed Valley and Edinburgh.

I’d usually see the service on the handset showing as 4G+, however here it only runs as standard 4G.

irc
    Free Member

It varies from place to place. I left Three because I had to leave the house and walk into the street for a signal (G62 postcode).

Get a great signal now with Giffgaff on O2 network. I would suggest getting PAYG sims for all networks and looking at signal in your house.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Orange.

seosamh77
    Free Member

No problems on GiffGaff. which uses O2.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member
    Orange.

Posted 52 minutes ago

pfft mighta known! :lol:

peajay

My daughter in uni was on three and stayed in the west end Byers road, her signal was very poor, ok at one end of a street and nothing at the other, at the time there was a series of sexual assaults took place so I changed her on to Vodafone and had a good signal since.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Joe, obvious joke is obvious. :-)

lovewookie

Glasgow based here.
    All our staff moved from Vodafone to EE, based on a service survey by our IT service provider and signal fell through the floor.
    back on a vodafone service here and, as long as you don’t need to deal with customer servics direct, we’ve found that the signal is one of the better ones for Scotland.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best mobile network in Glasgow’ is closed to new replies.