Home Forums Chat Forum Best budget friendly android auto head unit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Best budget friendly android auto head unit
  • tetrode

I am the proud new owner of an ex British gas caddy maxi (mk4) and I’m looking at kitting it out for bikes etc. It’s the first vehicle I’ve ever actually owned myself (one hand me down and one lease) so I know very little about aftermarket add-ons.

I’d love to get an updated head unit (and reversing cam) so I can use android auto with my phone for music and navigation, but I know pretty much nothing about this area of electronics.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a relatively modestly priced (ideally £250 or under) head unit that could fit the bill?

TheFlyingOx

We used to have a Pioneer something or other in our Transporter but it was utter bobbins. Really can’t see how a touchscreen-only stereo in a vehicle makes sense from a safety point of view.

I’ve just swapped it for a Kenwood-refurbished DMX8019DABS and it’s fantastic – and importantly has a row of actual buttons along the bottom of the screen. Was about £220 on eBay from the Kenwood store. Has connections for reversing cameras, GPS, DAB, amplifiers, hands-free, wireless Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, even has an HDMI input if you want to go crazy with it.

greyspoke
    Free Member

Really can’t see how a touchscreen-only stereo in a vehicle makes sense from a safety point of view.

Shirley, with Android Auto you just jabber at your phone?

garage-dweller

Shirley, with Android Auto you just jabber at your phone?

Exactly this.  The best thing about Android Auto is it provides reliable voice control for lots of things that used to need buttons/touching a screen.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.