Home Forums Bike Forum BB identification & Chainline

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • BB identification & Chainline
  • deity
    Free Member

Hello

Clarification please.

See picture link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JE2aJfQQ8bUXAsHc7

Do i need more than just 44 46 mm tool to remove the bottom bracket ? or is it the 44 46 wrench & another tool when the 44 46 is untightened ?

Finally new crank has moved the chainline about 5 mm max , can i ride the bike to see if its ok without overt damage or does it just definitely need a shorter bottom bracket ?

Was considering the U55 shimano 127 mm bottom bracket for reliability as if have to change would like it to last for many many miles.

Its a 68 mm square tapered threaded BB no name but for the 44 46 ‘ parts ‘ states bafang & its about 132 mm spindle length & 24 mm diameter.

As bike is a hybrid type / mtb is it or do i get a road or mtb BB ? if there is such a difference.

Thanks

S

simondbarnes

Nothing in your post makes any sense and it looks like the photos were taken with a pinhole camera.

What are you trying to do?

deity
    Free Member

Helpful responses only required, if there is details I’ve omitted or percific details required i can reply in kind.

Like ive not seen a square taper bottom bracket that also has the 44 46 notch external housing.

& afaik the original post is quite clear asto novice intention.

Asto the last post if you’ve got nothing positive to say then don’t say anything atal atal if you don’t mind.

S

simondbarnes

Asto the last post if you’ve got nothing positive to say then don’t say anything atal atal if you don’t mind.

I stated that your post doesn’t make any sense at all. Without understanding what you are trying to achieve then none of us on here have any chance of being able to help you.

Take some clear pictures
    State make / model of cranks
    State make / model of bike

Or just get all moody and get no responses at all. Your choice :-)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Your link doesn’t work and your post is difficult to understand.

swanny853

Mark is trying to train an AI to mimic a typical STW post and I claim my five pounds

deity
    Free Member

The link was severed as the bike has been sold for a rediculous discount price of £300 when nearly new.

However a single speed bike with BB7 brakes & no suspension has been sourced & should it ever need mechanical intervention that would be the time to treat it to a service by spanners aka bike technicians.

The electric issue has been resolved by purchasing a

Home

Thus all outstanding issues have subsequently been resolved via elimination of know doubt.

Unfortunately with ever diminishing sight a white stick might be the end times result.

Thanks for assisting in this what may seam a drastic decision, but some people are such a danger to themselves & others that they need ‘ discipline ‘ or they end up costing a racket.

S

Drac

Has anyone have idea what is going on in this thread?

simondbarnes

Has anyone have idea what is going on in this thread?

No clue at all :-)

gecko76

Don’t do drugs kids.

docgeoffyjones

If you click on the user it takes you to the homepage not the user page?

tthew

If you click on the user it takes you to the homepage not the user page?

I reported an unnecessary aggressive response to Mr Barnes, which has been removed. Maybe the delightful deity has suffered the same fate.

deity
    Free Member

Maybe you should not even try to supersede watt cant be superseded

Spellcheckers.

As for cause & effect its obv who started this rigmorole, if you choice to respond to genuine pleas for assistance with blatent flipency, then sometimes when bored your get a responce.

As for ive reported, well good for you M8

Manners would of simple asked for clarification that my post unintentionally seams to have omitted.

But thats forums for every 99 descent users theres always a few who tbf aint worth a reply, something i should of applied here allah don’t feed the trolls.

S

cookeaa

don’t feed the trolls.

Indeed…

tthew

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘BB identification & Chainline’ is closed to new replies.