Home Forums Chat Forum Bad actors stoking hate again (Southport Stabbings)

Viewing 19 posts - 1,921 through 1,939 (of 1,939 total)
  • Bad actors stoking hate again (Southport Stabbings)
  • ernielynch

A daily occurrence? You don’t think that deserves a thread? Wow! I would have thought you’d be all over that.

“All over” what? How can I be all over a stabbing? And I don’t know why you appear to be incredulous at the suggestion of stabbings being a daily occurrence in London, they are. And they are a regular occurrence at the Notting Hill Carnival.

I confess to not knowing much about this particular stabbing so I would be interested in knowing why you think it might deserve a multi page thread – any suggestions? So far at least thankfully no one has died.

MSP

A daily occurrence? You don’t think that deserves a thread?

Do you have a point to make other than look squirrel?

If you want to discuss London stabbings then do so, I am sure others will be happy to discuss it with you.  If it includes points on populist politicians spreading misinformation and rioting spreading across the UK as the result, then this may even be the appropriate thread, if not I would suggest you start another.

DrJ

A daily occurrence? You don’t think that deserves a thread? Wow! I would have thought you’d be all over that.

If you feel it’s important, go ahead and start a thread.

CountZero

Not really, stabbings in London are a daily occurrence, why should the latest one deserve a multi-page thread? Any particular reason?

It’s a daily occurrence across a fair part of the country, particularly in my part, but I’m not entirely sure what a thread about it would actually accomplish, because it’s not easy to explain quite why it’s happening. There have been stabbings resulting in death in Swindon, Bath, Bristol and other towns around the South West, some involving young teens, some adults, some victims seem to have been complete strangers, others known to the perpetrator/s. Some are clearly family members. Knives are a readily available weapon, guns aren’t, thankfully.

It was on the news recently where a car was stopped by the police, none of the occupants had licences, and they had weapons like machetes, large knives, etc, none of which are legal carry. Many of the weapons used though are just household items, like large kitchen knives, taken from their own home or shop-lifted. One murder of a teenager in Bath involved a bunch of kids from Corsham, who caught a bus to Bath to a party, and CCTV from the bus showed one of them showing the knife to their friends, they were carrying it down the front of their traccy bottoms! A dangerous thing to do just by itself. The usual excuse is ‘it’s for protection’…

doomanic

I’m not entirely sure what a thread about it would actually accomplish

That’s not usually a problem on here…

ernielynch

And it’s not a ‘problem’ now. I think a few people are wondering why a nonfatal stabbing in London yesterday might be worthy of a multi page thread something which you appear unable to explain, despite suggesting it.

The other mystery is what has it got to do with rioting in UK cities? You seem to resent the fact that there is no thread on a recent stabbing in London on the grounds, it would appear, that there is one on rioting.

There is an obvious interest in the recent rioting because riots in UK cities are fairly unusual. In contrast stabbings in major UK cities are not.

chrismac

I’m trying to understand how if every year this carnival needs thousands to police, always ends in violence and stabbing is allowed to happen every year. I would have thought it would be banned in the grounds of public safety by now.

slowoldman

A daily occurrence? You don’t think that deserves a thread?

Just a wild stab in the dark here, but I’m guessing ernie was querying why each individual stabbing should have its own thread.

stumpyjon

I’m trying to understand how if every year this carnival needs thousands to police,

You could apply that logic to pretty much every major football match in the country. The reality is for such a big event there relatively little trouble, to be honest there would probably have been a stabbing in the area this weekend regardless of whether the carnival was on.

The reality is for such a big event there relatively little trouble

Sunday:

godhqiclvvkd1

Monday:
    Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 21.19.05

ernielynch

How does that ^^  compare to Glastonbury?

Glastonbury has considerably more crime than the average for Somerset. Ban Glastonbury?

stumpyjon

How does that compare with a normal weekend in Brixton?

Try again.

According to a July 2024 Somerset County Gazette article, the 2024 Glastonbury Festival saw 121 offenses reported to the police between June 26 and July 1, which is considered “very safe”. The offenses included:

Burglary: 1

Criminal damage: 3

Crime-related incidents: 27

Drug offenses: 19

Fraud: 4

Public order offenses: 7

Robbery: 1

Sexual offenses: 2

Theft: 26

Vehicle offenses: 1

Violence against a person: 30

How does that compare with a normal weekend in Brixton?

Right. So we’re moving the goal posts?

The reality is that most people don’t care about black on black crime, same with war in Africa, they’re not the chosen demographic of the white knights of STW.

ernielynch

Well this is 5 years old so I guess things might have changed :

Arrest rates at Notting Hill over three years since 2016 are almost identical to Glastonbury when the number of people attending is taken into account.

– There were 3.76 arrests per 10,000 people at Notting Hill Carnival compared to 3.1 arrests per 10,000 people at Glastonbury.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/notting-hill-carnival-arrest-rates-same-as-glastonbury_uk_5d5d1d18e4b063487e9519d5

This is interesting too :

“It is the only festival, the only event the Met do where they automatically put out the crime stats,” 

So anyway………. Notting Hill is just like a hate-fueled riot?

kerley
    Free Member

The reality is that most people don’t care about black on black crime

Who’s reality is that?

fenderextender
    Free Member

I’m trying to understand how if every year this carnival needs thousands to police, always ends in violence and stabbing is allowed to happen every year. I would have thought it would be banned in the grounds of public safety by now.

Wait until you find out how many football matches there are each Saturday and the policing required at a national level…

PrinceJohn

To our resident ‘edgelord’/’racist’ (delete as applicable) you seem to have issue with certain events, but not others. Why is that?

Just a note on refugees not stopping at the first safe country – your house has been bombed. Is your immediate thought, oh I must get my passport out before I leave the building?
    If you had family in Japan & spoke Japanese, would you get to Russia & think phew job done, or would you continue to Japan?

ernielynch

Viewing 19 posts - 1,921 through 1,939 (of 1,939 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.