Home Forums Bike Forum Anyone used the AliExpress SENSAH gravel group sets?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone used the AliExpress SENSAH gravel group sets?
  • dirkpitt74

As above really – looking to build up a cheap gravel bike and only thing I’m short of is a groupset.

Am I better off spending a bit more for MicroShift or something else?

DickBarton

It could be made out of cheese…it might not fit together properly…it might not shift as smoothly as expected…

Plenty of ‘it might not’, but if it is properly cheap and you don’t mind a potential long walk (or hobble – depending on what fails and how injured you are!), then give it a bash. It might be an absolutely bargain of a solution as well as all the negative what-ifs…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A friend in the cycling club has one of their groupsets (and I think he’s just fitted LTwoo eRX with hydro brakes to a new bike).

So far I think it’s just a case of no news is good news.  They’re just working as expected.

Can’t remember if it was Sensah or LTwoo that had the issues with the carbon shifter paddles wearing against the ratchet pawl but they seemed to fix it pretty quickly.

I’ve used off-brand cassettes and they’re not as good, and even FSA chainrings were pretty rubbish for shifting compared to shimano or even SPA cycles.  So I’d get a 105 chain and cassette at least, that’s where the actual shifting performance is.

ogden
    Free Member

I bought a pair of shifter during covid as I couldn’t get 105 and I’ve had no issues with them. Right now though TBH I’d just spend the extra and get Shimano or Sram

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.