Home Forums Chat Forum Anyone successfully chased up a missing Hermes parcel?

• This topic has 78 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by mert.
Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Anyone successfully chased up a missing Hermes parcel?
  • dovebiker

Are Collect+ any better?

Yodel

Used to use them at times for business when my parcel was too heavy for Royal Mail Signed For. They lost a parcel and refused to refund me as they said it was non-permitted goods – it was a £8 ceramic mug, but they tried to argue that it was ‘fine china, porcelain and works of art’. One of my suppliers ships big boxes of mugs to me via Yodel…

I ship 20-30 parcels a week via the Royal Mail – not had them lose one yet.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Ordered football boots a few weeks back and they went missing, managed to get a refund from the seller. Ordered some earphones from John Lewis about two weeks ago, package arrived today, looks like they used a hammer to force it through the letter box. Contacted John Lewis so see what they say. I’m sure the earphones will work as the protective case looks fine but pretty poor service from Hermes.

tjagain

My turn for the Hermes non delivery

apparently I was not in and no safe place.  I was in, the main door was open, there was a note on my flat door telling them to leave it

didn’t even ring my doorbell

I have contacted CRC told them to refund it and told them I will no longer order from them so long as they use Hermes

dyna-ti

The new panniers ive just bought i’ve now found out are being sent via hermes.

I dont hold out on them arriving now. Utterly utterly utterly useless company.

scotroutes

Once again, it’s down to your local driver(s). I have no problems whatsoever with any of the companies, and never have.

singlespeedstu

Our local Hermes delivery lady is brilliant.
    Always cheerful and chatty too.

scotroutes

We should start a “I had a problem-free delivery today” thread.

Aidy
    Free Member

Once again, it’s down to your local driver(s). I have no problems whatsoever with any of the companies, and never have.

I disagree. All the other couriers you can at least speak to a real person if there are problems. Doesn’t matter how great your local driver might be, if there’s a problem higher up the chain, you can’t get in touch with anybody to attempt to resolve it.

ducatimonster
    Free Member

Touch wood never had a problem with Hermes nor any other household member.

felltop

Re persuading CRC / Wiggle to use someone other than Hermes – I tried to do this via customer services a number of times, as a result of late or missing deliveries. Didn’t get anywhere at all with them. However, I gave Wiggle a poor review on Trust pilot, referencing their use of Hermes. Within 24 hours I had an email from a manager, promising to use Yodel for my deliveries in future. They have kept that promise so far!

tjagain

yodel are even worse for me.  Never has a yodel parcel been delivered.  One in 4 Hermes gets thru first time.  royal mail – every time.

I do live in an odd building that looks like offices.  I am having this issue with a TNT delivery right now – apparently they have an wrong address – they do not.  they have the right one.  they just as usual with these underpaid couriers taken one look at the building and thought no one lives there.

I find couriers also do not understand the (scots?  Edinburgh only?) convention for naming flats – ie 5F2 means 5th floor flat 2

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

I have! Just before Xmas I sent a part from an eBay sale and it just said “In transit” for a week. I contacted them and they said after 8 days it’s considered lost. Luckily I’d insured it (don’t usually cos never had one lost) so they asked for the eBay no.to get value to refund me.
    I refunded the buyer.
    Checked the next day and it was delivered.
    So I let the buyer have it for half price, which he kindly paid.
    Now,.after all that… How did I chase them? cos yeah the bot is annoying! I’ll check.

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

here ya go:
    Call customer service
    Starting a chat is the quickest way to get help. If you prefer to call you can use our dedicated customer service number for Hermes account holders.
    Call us on: 0330 808 5456
    Lines are open 8am-4pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am-2pm Saturday.

dyna-ti

Not sure that helpline is going to do much. When they answer they’re going to ask for an account number, and if you dont have one you’ll be directed elsewhere, possibly to the chat

doris5000
    Free Member

Currently waiting for Uniqlo to resend a parcel that Hermes left on my doorstep. Which is 3ft in from the pavement. It was, of course, stolen.

The annoying thing is they could’ve chucked it in the recycling bin or something. But leaving it in full view….!

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

From a different perspective. What about the customers who order things then don’t bother making sure they are home for the delivery slot. The driver then calls them and they don’t pick up because they don’t recognise the number. If they do pick up (after the third attempt) they then ask you to deliver it to their girlfriends house the other side of the city. Or the customer who orders a pile of heavy items you struggle to carry them up the stairs to their flat they then shout just leave them at the door no please or thank you for busting your guts getting it there. Ok I’ll stop there for now.

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

I havent got an account number. They asked for the tracking number.

Aidy
    Free Member

From a different perspective. What about the customers who order things then don’t bother making sure they are home for the delivery slot.

Yeah, sure – but mostly you only get a vague window of when it’ll be delivered. And certainly I’ve waited in for deliveries that never appear. That gets really old after day 4 of no show delivery drivers.

kirkg
    Free Member

Been waiting since the 12th of December for them to deliver some wheels. Called that number above only to be told that they are lost. Paid a private seller via bank transfer so just got to hope that they pay out the insurance and he refunds me.

Would’ve been happy to pay extra for him to use another courier.

It’s the last component I need to finish my gravel build.

Kahurangi

Hermes also been “missing” with the winter tyres for my wife’s commuter bike for a month now. We’ll get them just in time for the solstice I reckon.

bigyan
    Free Member

I received no Hermes deliveries for a week at work, then got them all on one day. Turned out the regular driver had a week holiday, and nobody covered her route, so all the parcels just sat at the depot until she came back.

When you chat to the drivers its ridiculous, 75p a parcel. To make £10.50/hour that is 14 parcels/hour, a delivery every 4.3 minutes. To make £15/hour, a delivery every 3 minutes. Some days they get 170 parcels dumped on them, if you can deliver every 4 minutes that is an 11+ hour shift with no breaks…..

And you have your own car or van to run, insurance, self employed for holidays, sick etc.

No wonder its a mess.

chakaping

Now,.after all that… How did I chase them? cos yeah the bot is annoying! I’ll check.

Was this in recent times?

doris5000
    Free Member

When you chat to the drivers its ridiculous, 75p a parcel.

Yeah this is why I try not to go too hard on the drivers (in general) – if there was no demand for the cheapest possible option, or worse, ‘free delivery’, then this wouldn’t be such an issue.

But the systems themselves don’t help. My delivery that I grumbled about above: I initially had a delivery window of Weds – Fri. Then, on Monday, (2 days early and a bank holiday, I was out for a walk), I got an email at about 13:59 saying I had a delivery slot for 12:00-14:00 that day. Then at 14:40 I got an email saying that it had actually been delivered at 12:30.

None of that is the driver’s fault but the IT fail meant I couldn’t plan to be in to receive it.

Cougar

Doesn’t matter how great your local driver might be, if there’s a problem higher up the chain, you can’t get in touch with anybody to attempt to resolve it.

As the recipient you shouldn’t need to contact them, you have no contract with the courier. It’s the sender’s responsibility, get on to them to resolve it.

mattyfez
    Free Member

Touch wood I’ve been lucky with most couriers.
    As above it’s the business model that’s a bit backwards, free fast delivery is all well and good, but I’d be quite happy paying a couple of quid to know beyond reasonable doubt that the package will be delivered, or if there is an issue, I can speak to an actual human to fully resolve the issue in a 5 min phone call.

Aidy
    Free Member

As the recipient you shouldn’t need to contact them, you have no contract with the courier. It’s the sender’s responsibility, get on to them to resolve it.

That’s an admirable stance, but I’m generally more motivated to find out what’s going on than the sender. Also, if there have been issues finding the house, or finding a suitable timeframe in which to deliver, it cuts out a layer of communication.

A different example of where I’ve needed to contact the courier is where Hermes mis-delivered a parcel to me. I received *my* parcel okay, my contract with the sender was fulfilled. I tried for several days, but failed entirely in getting in touch with Hermes to return the mis-delivered parcel to them.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

My spare diesel heater for the van has been at the Hermes depot since December 23rd.
    The replacement one the seller sent arrived within 24 hours.

Going by past experience, the first diesel heater will arrive in around a month or so once someone at the depot trips over it or something.

fatoldgit

Am just starting the joy of a missing Hermes delivery.
    Got the “ we have delivered your parcel “ message which was odd as I was in at the time… sure enough they hadn’t,
    Checked the “ proof of delivery “ and got a gps map of god knows where along with a photo of a door nothing like mine

Logged the parcel as missing on their tracker… and waited… several days later got a “ we delivered it “ reply
    Where to I asked…
    Oh, we don’t know …. An incorrect adddress but we will collect it and get it to you 😡.
    That was between Xmas and new year, yesterday they finally told me to contact the vendor as the contract is with them not me … but they are unable to confirm they delivered it incorrectly……

I think it could be a while 🙄

tjagain

No further attempts to deliver, no contact from Hermes.  the claim attempted delivery on Sunday but no one was in.  I was in.  they claim no safe space.  There was.  The map they use to show where they attempted delivery was at the wrong end of the block – not my address.  silence since, no attempt to delver adnno updates on tracking

Unfortunately it was a CRC package and I like using CRC but now cannot do so again as its pointless given Hermes do not deliver to my flat.  I’#ll have to find  different mail order supplier

I understand the issue to some extent – the building looks like offices not residential

formal complaint going to CRC ( as it just too much faff to complain to Hermes) in the hope they stop using them

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Found a wee trick:

With the diesel Heater that had been sitting in the depot since before Christmas:
    Went in to the tracking early morning and added a safe place to leave it, and it appeared on the doorstep 6 hours later.

I now have 3 diesel heaters…

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Update to my “claim”, which was then actually delivered – Hermes have just sent an apology and refunded my postage fee. Which is nice.

tjagain

Update to mine  9 days after the first attempted delivery that wasn’t and with deafening silence from Hermes there was a real attempt to deliver.  Refused it as I had already been refunded.  the chap who attempted to deliver told me there were two cages in the depot of parcels some over 8 weeks old that were just sitting there not delivered and no one attempting to deliver them so he thought he would have a go

chakaping

Update to my “claim”, which was then actually delivered – Hermes have just sent an apology and refunded my postage fee. Which is nice.

How did you make a “claim” though?

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

I tried the robo-chat option, which kept coming back saying they would investigate.
    I didn’t like that, so phoned the number I posted earlier in the thread, spoke to a man who took my tracking number and said the status had been unchanged, so it was considered lost… er etc (I think I posted it already)

Northwind

Quite pissed off with them just now, they damaged a package and updated it in the tracking to “damaged beyond repair”, but didn’t actually bother to tell either me or the person waiting for it. Won’t be hard to get the refund but they just left it hanging, presumably in the hope that nobody’d ever notice.

wzzzz
    Free Member

It costs less than £2 to send a hermes parcel on contract with a decent volume of parcels.

The end driver gets 75p of that

What do you expect?! Probably 95% get delivered just fine.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Not from USA was it?

Aidy
    Free Member

Wow, if anything, their chatbot thing has gotten *worse*.

Now it just reiterates whatever it says on the tracking page, there doesn’t seem to be a possible way of getting through to a human at all.

(Yes, I spoke to the sender, who were amazing at sorting me out – but I’m still amazed at how poor the service is from Hermes).

mert
    Free Member

@scotroutes

We should start a “I had a problem-free delivery today” thread.

The guy who worked at my local collection place lives not far from me, so he used to occasionally text me and drop the parcels off. He’s moved jobs now, unfortunately.

I don’t get many deliveries to the door due to location, most couriers won’t come down dirt tracks in the woods with limited turning space. A neighbour once had a delivery from a large truck (25 tons i think), actually took longer to turn the truck round than to do the delivery itself. About 4 hours and clearing a bit of the forest so he had a turning space.

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Anyone successfully chased up a missing Hermes parcel?’ is closed to new replies.