• This topic has 78 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by mert.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Anyone successfully chased up a missing Hermes parcel?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

And if so, please tell me how?

It doesn’t seem possible to contact an actual person there any more, just a chat bot or automated phone line which gives you the same info as your tracking link.

And please do tell me it’s my fault for using them in the first place, that would be really helpful.

Ta

🙂

andybrad

nope. Still waiting on my chain reaction stuff and cant get in contact with hermes at all. Only way is to go through the person that sent it.

chakaping
    Free Member

I am the person who sent it, it’s a bit of a brick wall though.

Can’t even find a functioning email address.

Bizarre.

davros

Have you looked in the hedge?

Northwind

What always happens is they make you go through some hoops, tell them what it looks like, pretend they’re going to look for it, and then say “sorry it’s lost” and then make you go through some more hoops, and then you get a refund. Takes a while, the chatbot is horrendous, all loops and sudden endings.

Jakester
    Free Member

This suggests the contact no is 0330 808 5456, but don’t know if that works or not.

chakaping
    Free Member

What always happens is they make you go through some hoops, tell them what it looks like, pretend they’re going to look for it, and then say “sorry it’s lost” and then make you go through some more hoops, and then you get a refund. Takes a while, the chatbot is horrendous, all loops and sudden endings.

It’s probably changed since you last used it, there’s no apparent route to an actual human now.

This suggests the contact no is 0330 808 5456, but don’t know if that works or not.

It’s now just an automated version of the chatbot which takes 5x as long.

crazyknowledge
    Free Member

Never found a missing parcel for me. Had 3 previously, 1 currently. Always say I will never use them again…
    They do pay up eventually so hope this is the case on my current one.

chakaping
    Free Member

But how do you even get them to register that it’s missing?

BadlyWiredDog

If you used Hermes via eBay Packlink, you can go through them using their online support page and they will contact Hermes and tell you thank Hermes has lost the parcel more quickly than Hermes themselves will tell you that they’ve lost the parcel. At least once that’s done, you can claim on it.

I now only ever use Hermes for low value items.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Just get the sender to put a claim in. They are pretty good at paying out.

Sometimes going on to deliver it or returning to sender months later.

chakaping
    Free Member

Just get the sender to put a claim in. They are pretty good at paying out.

I am the sender, how do you actually put a claim in?

They’ve deliberately designed their website and narrowed their comms channels so that you can’t.

Northwind

chakaping

It’s probably changed since you last used it, there’s no apparent route to an actual human now.

Last used a couple of weeks ago.

If all else fails, choose the option for “damage to my building”, I used that one time out of frustration

Jakester
    Free Member

How did you pay? If you paid Paypal you could raise a dispute?

chakaping
    Free Member

Good ideas, thanks both

el_boufador

Just to say I feel your pain. Absolute shite company. I agree they have deliberately removed the ability to contact them.

The chatbot is just automated to take care of regular predictable questions (e.g. package tracking) and is no use if you need to discuss a problem.

I booked them to collect a package last week. 3x no shows. In the end they just cancelled the collection without telling me anything.

Parcel2go who I booked it through, at least we’re v quick to refund.

Awful.

pondo

If I was buying something and it became apparent that Hermes were the courier, I would not buy it. And that’s solely from the point of view of someone who’s had parcels incorrectly delivered to them – found it impossible to let Hermes know (although I’ve made a note of “damage to building” above!), one unlucky non-recipient was fortunately able to recognise our house from the “PoD”, had to open the second parcel to get a phone number for them.

misteralz
    Free Member

Turns out wiggle use them. Which means I won’t be using wiggle again. They’ve had a package sitting in their sorting hub since Sunday. I’ve already accepted I’m never seeing it.

steveh

I’ve done it successfully a number of times. The chatbot starts automated but you get to a point where it goes ok someone needs to look in to this and will be in touch by email, you can from memory type some thoughts in and then you get an email 1-2 days later. That you can reply to and chase up etc.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I ordered a PS5 game from Game & only noticed it was Hermes delivered after I’d ordered. If I’d known, I wouldn’t have ordered it.
    It might arrive or it might not I guess.
    Shit company.

el_boufador

The chatbot starts automated but you get to a point where it goes ok someone needs to look in to this and will be in touch by email,

Definitely didn’t do this last week when I was trying to contact them. I spent a while trying to get it to go down this type of route but failed.
    Maybe it was the time of day – I was chasing up out of hours.

spooky_b329

As above, if sent via packlink, the contract is with eBay. I wasted a couple of weeks getting my Hermes to admit they had lost an item (buyer received packaging arrived with a hole in it and no item), once admitting it was lost, they decided it wasn’t their problem do I had to start again with eBay!

pondo

I’ve done it successfully a number of times. The chatbot starts automated but you get to a point where it goes ok someone needs to look in to this and will be in touch by email, you can from memory type some thoughts in and then you get an email 1-2 days later. That you can reply to and chase up etc.

Might have been my circumstance (Me: “there’s a problem with the delivery” Bot: “Here’s a picture of the parcel outside the wrong house – bye!” Etc etc) but I could NOT get it to put me through to someone. I tried. Oh, how I tried.

Flaperon

I’m thinking of publishing a Google Sheets which is just a list of retailers who use Hermes for the benefit of everyone to avoid.

Had a parcel delivered yesterday that was refunded and flagged as lost back in September. The retailer has arranged collection via Hermes…

Aidy
    Free Member

The chatbot starts automated but you get to a point where it goes ok someone needs to look in to this and will be in touch by email

Sure, and you get an email that says “we’re totally going to look into that”, and then… that’s the end of the line. Any further attempts to contact them end with “We already sent you an email to say we’d look into it. You’ll have to wait on that.” until eventually you get “that parcel is no longer in our system, we can’t do anything about it.”

kimbers

I had a hermes parcel turn up intact 2 weeks after they’d declared it lost at the depot & a month after it was posted

So there’s always hope

slowol

Whatever it was will it work with the Aldi drill battery and gas strut for the boot lid of an old Kia that must have ‘just fallen out of the hole in the plastic packaging bag’ en route to mine?
    I think there’s a kleptomaniac somewhere in one of those big white trucks with peculiar tastes.

homatron
    Free Member

This thread feels like a support group and I’m really appreciating it right now.

Parcel “delivered to my outbuilding” against my instructions, while I was away for the weekend… “Proof of delivery” photo shows its out the front of the house in full view of the street. Ideal.

I’m sure if I took a photo of a tenner near a bar and told them I’d paid for the drinks they’d accept it.

Maybe one day I’ll get my parcel. Probably not.

homatron
    Free Member

…forgot to mention – I don’t have an outbuilding.

pondo

“Proof of delivery” photo shows its out the front of the house in full view of the street. Ideal.

*Generic Amazon drivers* have started doing this and it pisses me right off.

Ambrose

I absolutely loathe them. My neighbour is a local driver. The big distribution truck truck from Herpes would turn up at 7.15ish in the morning and used to regularly park across my drive, blocking the road and stopping me leaving. Seldom the same driver but always the same response of ‘I won’t be long’ but they usually were. Bunch of….

I never managed to get a working phone number, not even from my neighbour who was working for them.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I read “herpes” but it seems to fit either way.

soundb0y
    Free Member

Last few orders from them I paid for next day delivery only for Hermes to take 2-3.

Annoying when you actually need something the next day and probably could have had it from somewhere else.

Always have to go moan to wiggle and get the couple quid paid for quicker delivery refunded.

ButtonMoon

They “lost” a pair of size 11 walking boots and a petrol lawn mower!!

Sooner or later someone must realise that so many items cannot get lost and there is something more organised going on behind the scene.

Don’t be fooled into following the tracking, this is only as good as the employees doing the scamming scanning.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

MyHermes: Divide by Zero

Hermes wouldn’t deliver to me and would return every parcel to sender. So I sent myself a parcel. You’ll never guess what happened next…

JohnnyPanic

I’ve done it successfully a number of times. The chatbot starts automated but you get to a point where it goes ok someone needs to look in to this and will be in touch by email

Was my experience but that was a year ago.
    Tracking showed it as delivered, proof photo was an orange blob, someone’s thumb. Bloke in a car brought it round later the same day.

jeff

I sent a parcel to Belgium…. it went missing for 6 weeks, filed a missing parcel enquiry.

Then they found it, told me it was back in progress, next day it gets delivered back to me…

Second time sending it and it arrived within 6 days

spacemonkey

Have only had a couple of hiccups with Hermes over the years. Lightning appears to have struck twice this week though, with both of my sportshoes.com orders going missing with no info available. First world problem TBH.

Northwind

As far as overall performance goes, I’ve sent 300 parcels with them in the last year and had 3 problems, one of which I’m pretty sure was actually the recipient not the courier. One just disappeared into the ether. The other was a parcel that got lost forever, refunded, then mysteriously arrived back at my door 3 months later having never had any attempt to deliver. I’m sure absolutely tons of these were a couple of days late but basically I don’t care.

(I did have some real problems getting a duplicated order refunded but I got there in the end)

I’ve sent a couple of thousand over the years and I don’t think the actual fail rate is any worse than others. I’ve not sent enough stuff with others to fairly compare but I think every courier company has screwed up at least once for me, even the ones I’ve only used rarely.

If it weren’t for the absolute plummet in customer service since 2020 I’d still say I’m very happy with Hermes. But as soon as they realised thta they could get away with shit service and just say “but the pandemic” it all went to bollocks and I don’t think they’ll ever bother fixing it now people are used to it. Still, on balance they’re still my courier of choice. Even if only because I get a hooky 20% “student discount”

If you’ve ever booked a parcel through a third party with Parcelmonkey, that’s where the real customer service hell lives. Multiply any courier shitness x a cut-price used car dealer of a booking service.

chakaping
    Free Member

Personally I don’t necessarily avoid retailers who use Hermes, since they have the pleasure of dealing with Hermes to chase up any parcels.

But I’ll certainly be using alternative couriers for my eBay sales in future.

Are Collect+ any better?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Anyone successfully chased up a missing Hermes parcel?’ is closed to new replies.