Home Forums Bike Forum Anyone have a Canyon Lux Trail cf 2023 onwards? Or YT Izzo?…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone have a Canyon Lux Trail cf 2023 onwards? Or YT Izzo?…..
    hopefiendboy

Hey!

With all the base model specialized epic 8s being sold out till late spring next year at the very earliest, I’m looking at alternatives!

The canyon lux trail cf looks to be a good competitor and has the xc marathon vibe. The frame details look well thought out but I am a little unsure about sizing…normally go for a large. 5 9″ with long 34 inside legs and long arms.

Have you got one? What are your thoughts on it, sizing and performance wise?

I was considering the Canyon Lux cf7. I also see that YT have the Izzo on sale…on paper it looks pretty sweet too but I’ve heard a few horror stories about warranty…

Looking forward to your feedback!

brutaldeluxe09

I rode a YT Izzo for a couple of years recently, it’s a great value bike and definitely more of a short travel trail bike rather than the ‘down country’ bike it was originally marketed as. I much preferred it at 140mm up front compared to 130mm but either way works. For what it’s worth, I’m 5ft 8” with a 30” inseam and medium was perfect for me.

reeksy

I also see that YT have the Izzo on sale…on paper it looks pretty sweet too but I’ve heard a few horror stories about warranty…

If you’re within a reasonable drive of Guildford it’s worth demoing a bike. You can take it for a 5-hour loan for 15 quid.

I tried out a Jeffsy there recently and a few weeks’ later they sent me a 200 quid off voucher too.

jonba
    Free Member

This relates to the older model. 2021 I think. I would normally be between a med and a large. I’m 5’10 and also have long legs.

My road bike has a 790mm (I think) saddle top to BB centre as I’ve been looking at frames.

I went for a medium Lux trail and it was absolutely spot on. In general when I look at Canyon their bikes are larger than other manufacturers. Compare measurements. I ride 54cm road bikes with a lot of post showing. My trail bike, Whyte S150 is a large but I wanted to sit in that rather than on it to help me downhill.

Mine is Slx level.

It’s been brilliant. Was up at Glentress the other day and it was at home on the off piste black and jumpy stuff. Put the 2.4 Wicked Will on the front. Not that long ago I raced the GT7 and managed 5th V40. Put Barzo/Mezcals on.

It can feel like a race bike if needed or a lite trail bike with a few tweaks. My friend took his to Golfie and was ok on some of the harder tracks.

When it needs replacing I would be considering a handful of bikes.

Specialized Epic, Scott Spark and another Lux trail. The Lux has a massive cost advantage.

Not hit many snags that wouldn’t be present on other bikes. Internal routing is a pain but mostly in the wallet as I dropped it off for bearings, fork and shock so got them done at the same time.

Fox transfer post died and it was cheaper to replace with a brand x than repair.

I had some carbon bars to put on and the wheels DT swiss 1900 were a little heavy so they went on a different bike and I got some lighter ones.

clubby

Certini have good stock if the last gen Epic Evo in various specs at very good prices. I’m very happy with my new Expert. Last Evo is very similar to the new Epic 8.

hopefiendboy

I know. The expert looks ? with the carbon wheels too…

clubby

For me the last gen Evo has the advantage of no headset cable routing or frame storage. Shock choice is more limited due to leverage curve but the SID Luxe is pretty good. Bobs more than I expected which apparently the 8 doesn’t but suspension feels very taught in the mid stroke and climbs amazingly. £4k got me a full carbon frame, carbon wheels and GX AXS. Bars were a bit narrow for me, so I put on a spare set of One Up carbon bars and a 200mm front rotor.

There are also Specialized dealers everywhere if there is an issue. To be fair to Canyon, when I’d an issue with my gravel bike it was sorted quickly but involved me doing all the leg work myself rather than just dropping it at a dealer and it coming be sorted.

I’m also 5’9 and the large fits perfectly.

hopefiendboy

Good feedback…ta. Have put provisional deposit on the expert model…also 5 9′ and selected a size large…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.