Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 599 total)
  • Anyone fancy joining up with Zwift “build me up”, to start 7th Feb…?
  • DrP

Hmm…Good question….
    What we’re the figures..before and after…
    Cos you want the programme to make you work, but IF it was a race situation with standing up etc, I’m not 100% sure it counts as a ‘proper’ FTP… hmm..

DrP

vanilla83
    Free Member

I did Esculation yesterday – the final part of the final set was so hard!

feed

I did Escalation yesterday – the final part of the final set was so hard!

Did likewise, and agree. 150% of ftp for 30secs is a killer, especially the 10th time and after having already completed 80mins of a hard workout. Really glad that one’s behind me.

reluctantjumper

213-232w so pretty much a 10% increase. There was a bit of standing going on up the smaller hills somayve that makes it a bit optimistic.

DrP

TBH,i’d leave it at maybe 220…
    as i understand it, the FTP test should aim to be a fairly constant effort..
    Rather than big surges, or a massive effor at the final 5 minutes…
    That might overestimate it a bit.

DrP

DrP

Anyone in this morning!
    Bit quiet here… 🤔

DrP

reluctantjumper

Just warming down from doing #8, not as hard as I thought it would be. I did drop my FTP down to 215w though as I didn’t want to risk blowing up!

Got some errands to run so couldn’t join you all this morning sadly, hopefully next week.

DrP

Well… Sam and Graeme joined for a tough one..but top work chaps!
    Feel stronger yet?!

DrP

crossed

Getting there slowly.
    Today didn’t totally cook me so I’ll try and catch ups with one of my missed workouts tomorrow.

Resident motivational guru DrP was smashing it out the park there with some impressive w/kg numbers in the intervals as well!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Glad I hadn’t done any of the other workouts before this morning, not sure I would have made it otherwise. Definitely feeling there’s a little more in the legs now though.

Yep, impressive numbers DrP 👍

reluctantjumper

It’s always annoying and impressive in equal measure watching DrP’s figures, especially when we’re doing a blue interval and his figure is larger than my one in a red interval!

Hoping to get one of the longer sessions done tonight and the other tomorrow evening, tonight might be a struggle but I’ll substitute the race I did in Tuesday in it’s place.

DrP

Aw! Swoon…!

But…. these workouts push us each, individually, to our limits…. so EVERYONE’S effort is as impressive as the next guy!

Top work!

DrP

DrP

Also, @reluctantjumper … I’d give a session a miss…
    There’s no point packing 3 in in 36 hours TBH… you won’t really benefit and just wear yourself out…

The race will have been a good effort…

DrP

reluctantjumper

But I feel slightly guilty as I didn’t do anything between Tuesday’s race and this morning, just didn’t have the time! Doesn’t look like I’ll be home in time for a session tonight anyway, just got to decide which one to do tomorrow evening by the looks of it.

DrP

Escalation just done…
    Legs still a bit atired from the week, especially #8 yesterday…

THe 4 12 minute intervals weren’t too bad… but the 150% FTP efforts…oof!!
    Though I’ve a decent FTP, 150% of it is too much for me at the mo! I managed 2 x 30 seconds at 460 watts, then jsut had to drop it 10% to 420w…
    Was still REALLY hard, but at least managable!

DrP

reluctantjumper

Just started Method and it was going on about ubclipping one leg and pedalling with the other. I’m on flats. Switched to escalation instead. Might be a bad move…

DrP

Hmmm.. flats…. interesting!

DrP

crossed

I couldn’t face a 1.5h session today so decided to catch up with one of the earlier sessions I’d missed.
    Went with Ham Sandwich from a couple of weeks back.
    It was pretty tough. Didn’t feel too bad until the fourth set of intervals which was the 3rd set of 30s Z6/Z1 intervals. They really hurt!

Onwards and upwards for next week. Not sure how it’ll work this week as my shifts are all over the place but such is life!

reluctantjumper

Well Escalation was a bit stingy at the tail end! Manageable, just, but still a solid workout. So glad I kept my FTP to what I started at though, no way I’d have survived that otherwise 🤣

Hmmm.. flats…. interesting!

Back when I was a roadie I always struggled to keep clipped in as my feet move about quite a lot over a ride, even with high levels of float I’d unclip at the most inopportune moment, so I’ve never used them. You’d be confused at the bike I’m using on the trainer too, a hybrid with a suspension fork, 3×8 drivetrain, an adjustable stem, riser bars and a (admittedly seized) suspension seatpost! Works though so it’ll carry on doing its job until I get a cheap road bike to go on there instead.

stumpymark

@reluctantjumper there’s a lot of used bikes on the market. It seems everybody’s offloading them now lockdown, WFH is over. I used FB marketplace to find mine. I got an unused Spec Allez sport for £350. Might be worth saving a search on there for a bike you want.

DrP

OK..week 6 a go-go!!!

a few more workouts to fit in this week..I’ve learnt not to worry if I can’t fit them all in, what with life, job, riding IRL, running etc…
    My plan this week is:
    Attack tonight at about 1815… could make it a group workout if enough people interested?
    15.9 (sigh…) on Thursday evening.. can make this a group workout again..it worked well last time. say, 1815?
    Uphill battle Friday eve after work..

Might be able to take my Turbo to my OH’s and doa workout sat am perhaps???

DrP

reluctantjumper

@stumpymark – my bike isn’t holding me back so no point changing it. I don’t run out of gears, it’s comfortable and it’s paid for! Might look into a different bike come the end of the summer.

I’ll be riding tonight so if you want to gets group ride going @DrP then I’ll be up for it.

DrP

invite sent out for 1830 tonight!! ATTACK!!!

REMEMBER… just free ride..join MEETUP…. THEN, when waiting in the meetup, pick the workout.

DON’T PICK THE WORKOUT BEFORE JOINING THE MEETUP!

DrP

simon_g

I’m in. Tired legs after Method then #8 on the weekend, but want to get all 5 in this week!

DrP

@reluctantjumper . … keep an eye out on the app..can’t see you signed up yet!!
    Simon..I DO see you!

DrP

reluctantjumper

A good session that tonight, not too hard but not easy either.

Will try and get a few more done this week, not all of them but every one helps!

DrP

Yeah…great stuff today guys!
    everyone made a great effort, and kept it STRONG throughout!

DrP

ta11pau1

15:9 with DrP & Simon

That is a tough one! 5x 2.5 mins @ 115% FTP, at 105rpm, sucking in gulps of air at the end end!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Well done chaps, wanted to join you but my shoulder and neck are buggered to put it politely, hopefully not down to the turbo.

DrP

Yeah… 2.30 min at 115% FTP starts to really burn a few sets in!

But again, top stuff guys!

See you tomorrow in NY!

DrP

vanilla83
    Free Member

Pedal drills (from week 5 that I missed) and Attack tonight. Last rep of Attack was tough. Not sure I could have held on for another min

reluctantjumper

Just signed up for tomorrow’s group ride, hopefully be back from work in time!

DrP

Legs were SORE this morning!! You can really feel teh effect of these workouts eh!!!

How’s everyone else doing?

DrP

vanilla83
    Free Member

Sore legs too!

Not looking forward to carrying the food shop up 3 flights

reluctantjumper

Finished work rather late so 50/50 whether I make it for tonight’s session. If I’m not there at the start I’ll be stuck in traffic 😠

DrP

you’ve 90 minutes…. DRIVE LIKE THE WIND….!!!

DrP

ta11pau1

Thought I was going to be ok for the workout tonight but the 5:30am start has knocked me for six, opted for a 2 hour nap instead… There’s no way I’d have made it through!!

Going to ride outside tomorrow then do the 90 min workout on Sunday.

DrP

“Uphill battle” was fun tonight…. near FTP with a ramp up, then 30:30 at decent wattage after….

Bravo tonight chaps, especially as we’d done 15.9 yesterday!

Enjoy your Friday!

DrP

ta11pau1

Rode outside Saturday and did Uphill Battle yesterday.

I’m just about to book a 3 day Wales riding trip for the weekend as this plan ends, one day will be riding up Snowdon so fingers crossed the plan works!!

DrP

I’m just about to book a 3 day Wales riding trip for the weekend as this plan ends, one day will be riding up Snowdon so fingers crossed the plan works!!

I’m sure you’ll hit your target!!

Righto..week 7 has SIX HOURS over 5 workouts in it… honestly there’s no way i’ll sensibly be able to fit more than 3 in… It’s my birthday tomorrow, going for a run tonight (as have a half marathon and Spartan race to train for also).. and work and kids etc..

I’m thinking:
    Cucumber 90min Thurs am, about 0930
    Kirizuma 90 min Sat am (? group)
    LOZ (arg…) sunday am…

DrP

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 599 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.