Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 599 total)
  • Anyone fancy joining up with Zwift “build me up”, to start 7th Feb…?
  • simon_g

Past halfway now! Did HWBTWTDWH late last night, knackered today.

Might be able to do a saturday morning this week, going to try to get some of the 1hr ones done during lunchtimes.

reluctantjumper

Due to various reasons I only managed to do 1 measly session last week! Did do the first race of the STW double-header and a properties on Saturday so still ticking over but nowhere near the proper amount of training the plan asks for. Will see how many sessions I can grab this week, any pointers on which are the best to do if you can only do a few of them?

vanilla83
    Free Member

Just done Spaded Sweetie

Last rep was brutal!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpymark

I’m lagging behind. Will need to do a ride everyday this week to catch up.

ta11pau1

Just done Spaded Sweetie

Last rep was brutal!

You ain’t wrong!!

Spaded sweetie for me tonight.

Oof!

DrP

Top stuff guys!
    Nil on zwift for me so far! Done 3 IRL rides though! Will see how Tomorrow pans out, but think just the 3 this week possible for me!

DrP

feed

Also go nothing done last week after a dead leg acquired on a IRL spin on the Sunday left me hobbling around for 4 days. Did Spring Series Zwift race this evening, back to workouts tomorrow.

reluctantjumper

I tried to do another session this evening but sadly I’m having major issues with my turbo trainer not working and I can’t get them resolved. I may have to bow out of the programme due to technical issues which is a real annoyance as I was starting to see real results of all this hard work.

ta11pau1

Sounds like you need a new trainer 😉😁

Giza for me tonight, quite nice and pretty comfortable. Main issue was boredom on the 8 minute segments!! 🤣

feed

Kirizuma for me earlier, the 1:30 workouts are a killer 🙁

DrP

Spaded sweetie done this morning…
    A tough one, especially as has been said the final interval (which for me was 4 min at 325w, then the ramp up!!)…but oddly, as it build up the wattage interval after interval, it kinda seemed more doable as it got closer and closer!!!

Might get an early one in tomorrow before the kids go to school!

DrP

ta11pau1

LOX done tonight, another beast of an hour session!! 🥵

vanilla83
    Free Member

Giza for me tonight. Comfortable ride but oddly still felt like I had done a decent ride and accomplished something.

DrP

Giza this morning at jsut gone 6am!
    Was quite a gentle one to start the day with!

Also..if you DO start really early, do an odd course backwards, and appear to be one of the only riders out, you manage to gather ALL the jerseys!!
    Honestly, my top was changing from polkadot, to green, to green mountain, to orange and green!

I’ve been terrible at arranging a group ride this week haven’t i…
    How does LOX tomorrow am sound??? Gotta see if i can fit it in with teh weekend plans and kids…

DrP

simon_g

Done it 😝

Had a night off Weds, did Kirizuma last night and really feeling it today.

Think it’ll have to be Spaded Sweetie tonight, Cucumber on Sunday. Looking forward to the (slightly) lighter schedule next week, before some more big weeks afterwards.

ta11pau1

There’s a nice 1hr 55m session in the week after next, that’s going to be fun… NOT!😬

DrP

There’s a nice 1hr 55m session in the week after next, that’s going to be fun… NOT!😬

Is that the one that basically starts with LOX, then carries on?!

DrP

vanilla83
    Free Member

Eurosport highlights on one screen, Zwift on another 😉

ta11pau1

Is that the one that basically starts with LOX, then carries on?!

That’s the one, 5x OU’s, 3min at 115% FTP, just to get you started 🤨

vanilla83
    Free Member

LOX for me tonight. Reps 2 & 3 were brutal

DrP

Eugh….wine and sore throat for me tonight!
    Think I’ll give LOX a go tomorrow or Sunday am….
    That’ll be it for me this week!

DrP

nickb

I’ve struggled to find any time this week. I was going to do a session tonight, but I’m keen to do a decent ride outside tomorrow morning so decided to keep myself fresh for that and go for my biggest outdoor ride this year instead!
    Hopefully I’ll do a Zwift session on Sunday evening too – let’s see how I’m feeling…

I’m resolved to keep my hand in the training plan, do as much as I can, but not beat myself up too much if I miss a few sessions. I think that keeps things more manageable!

Edit: And I should add, even if I miss a few sessions (or maybe a whole week), I still feel like I’m getting fitter and benefiting from the plan!

ta11pau1

With the ability to do workouts after the week they’re meant to be done, think I’m going to do one of the 1.5hr ones from this week today, and then the other on Monday or Tuesday – next week is a 2hr workout and an easy hour one, being a recovery week so plenty of room to fit a session from this week in.

reluctantjumper

I really need to get my trainer up and running again. Went for a IRL ride yesterday and I felt really strong on the climbs, the best I’ve felt on them for years as it’s a route I’ve done countless times. My stamina wasn’t great past 2 hrs (was out for 5) but that’ easy to improve with a few longer rides to push it along.

I really hope all my effort over the last few weeks doesn’t get wasted down to a stupid technical issue!

stumpymark

I’m going to have to bow out due to “injury” 🙁 Had issues with my shoulders since starting Zwift/using a road bike. I’m at the point that even with pain killers, which I rarely use, I still can’t stop the pain in my shoulder and ache down my left arm no matter what position it’s in. Without pain killers it’s agony! I’m going to leave it 2 weeks and, assuming my arm/shoulders have recovered, I’ll try and continue.

DrP

I think I’m gonna do cucumber later today… been busy ask weekend running the kids around! Just at the climbing centre currently… but will try to jump on zwift about 1800 for 90 min!

DrP

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Went for a IRL ride yesterday and I felt really strong on the climbs, the best I’ve felt on them for years

Same here, went out for a quick spin today and it was brilliant. Must get back on the sessions but I too have been advised a couple of weeks off the turbo due to shoulder pain. I have been enjoying the group ones so hope to join back soon.

DrP

Well that didn’t work 😄

Got 45 min into the session and my 7 year old ran in crying…. she’d thrush a roller skate at her brother….he’d hit her… 🙄🤨

I think we’re all tired and they needed policing!

DrP

ta11pau1

Kirizuma for me today, really tough 90 minutes 🥵

I’ll probably try and get Cucumber from this week done Tuesday night, 2 days rest again after Cucumber, Hang Ten Thursday, then Bricolage either Friday or Saturday.

DrP

Hey all… I’ve pinged out an invite for Hang ten for 1830 this friday

@ta11pau1
    I know you mentioned bricolage on friday…fancy joining for hang ten? Or… do bricolage with us and carry on for another hour?

DrP

ta11pau1

Nah that’s cool, I’ll try and arrange my week and fit it in 👍

I just made the mistake of looking at the next few weeks workouts, yikes. 😱🤢

simon_g

Picked up the youngest’s stomach bug and that wrote off doing the last two last week.

Think I’ll give the pedalling drills a go later and see how I feel about Bricolage this week 😫

In for Friday.

nickb

Giza completed tonight – didn’t feel too tough at all. Must be an easier one… will try harder next time!

ta11pau1

Cucumber from last week tonight, well most of it anyway. Had to skip the 15 min last 85/95% segment, my legs were dead but mostly my feet were suffering again.

Worked out it’s ‘hot foot’ – the balls of my feet swelling up do the the constant pressure, result in it feeling my feet are on fire! it’s not as bad as it was, could only just do an hour on a hard workout before, can do an hour 15 without too much discomfort, but over an hour combined with a hard session and I’m in pain again.

Going to try some really thin socks and have moved my cleats back to see if that helps, along with loosening my shoes. Maybe even no socks?!

DrP

Going to do bricolage this morning…
    Git a whiplash type injury in the neck and pulled my ground following an OTB on Tuesday eve! All dosed up on codeine, which will make the turbo feel a bit swimmy 🤪🤪😵‍💫🥴

DrP

DrP

Halfway through. ..
    Not too bad..butt hurts a bit though!

DrP

vanilla83
    Free Member

I did Hang Ten on Monday – tough but decent ride

Planning on doing Bricolage over the weekend, not sure when tho!

ta11pau1

I’ll make the Hang Ten group ride on Friday, I’ll try and fit in bricolage at the weekend between a get together with old work mates and my 6 year old nephews birthday party… 🤣

Tbh if I miss it I’m not too bothered, going to need rest before the upcoming weeks!

DrP

That’s the 2 hour one done! Not a bad workout actually…. starts with 10 min at FTP, then a bunch of drills, surges etc, then the final 10 min at FTP again!
    The second time round it certainly felt harder than first, but doable!

DrP

DrP

Guys….
    Apologies but I’ve messed up my timetable…gotta be in Brighton tomorrow after work…
    So I’m going to leave the meetup running as it is, but I’ll be doing hang ten tomorrow AM instead… like…6am…

Sorry 😞 😔 😟

DrP

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 599 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.