Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 216 total)
  • Anyone fancy a Tweed Valley STW meet type thing?
  • robgarrioch

Thanks Goan,
    Sounds fine, not worried about the distance, more the work rate. Finding my XC racer-buddies pace round GT black about the limit for 1 bottle of go-go juice!
    Had a fairly bruising stack at Inners last week, so will keep tabs on when the Gypsy one is. Cheers.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Well in that case I might put my head above the parapet and register interest.

Quite fancy the Gypsy Glen as it's been a while since I've done that decent.

Either day should be fine for me at the mo.

Start at GT makes sense (for post ride cake), head out alongside golf course to Cardronna?

Smee
    Free Member

It's all up then all down, then it'll be a play around GT to finish. The bit I had thought about out the back of GT doesn't quite link up, so we can do some GT natural stuff instead, maybe visit Jesus' house.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

I'm going to have to bail out – I have some important work to be done for the Monday after and I know I'll be at it all weekend :o(

Have fun guys, and hopefully catch up on the next one.

forge197
    Free Member

argh….. Simon Ralli made me aware of this thread last night didn't realise this was quite so close. I can't make that weekend but would love to join the next one.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

I'm interested in Gypsy Glen,

Has a day been decided yet George? Not a route for your new wheels though 😉

Smee
    Free Member

There'll be another one in the christmas holidays.

Smee
    Free Member

What day can you do? Those wheels are stronger than any I've got, they'll be fine.

forge197
    Free Member

ok I will keep a look out for the Xmas date, cheers.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

either, but i'll only be allowed out to play on one of them

Smee
    Free Member

Right then seeing as none of you are saying anything rides will be as follows:

Saturday will be a ride starting at Inners and heading round some of the lesser known trails and parts of the Merida route amongst others.

Sunday will be a ride round Gypsy Glen, from the Cardrona side, finishing up with a ride on some bits of GT and its offpiste trails.

Both rides will start at 10am. Inners at Inners, and Gypsy Glen from GT. Both rides will be a fair bit longer than GT Black at around the 30-40mile mark (maybe longer) but we will wait for anyone that is struggling.

So who is coming on what day?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I should manage one of the two, will know which nearer the end of the week.

Smee
    Free Member

If you are coming can you email me at me at georgelupton dot com, just so we dont leave without you.

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

I'll probably do Saturday, wait for me at the top though 😉

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Definately Sunday, and hopefully make Saturday as well.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Sunday for me.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well folks I leave Scotland on Thursday so wont make this. But having just done today's 2 day forum ride, you guys should have a totally excellent time and I'll look forward to seeing the photos.

Kit
    Free Member

Iain, is that offer of a lift still going? It'd be great if I could get one on the Sunday.

Cheers,
    Kit

radoggair
    Free Member

sunday for me ( still preliminary though) 🙂

Smee
    Free Member

You had best leave friday night, with you being so slow and everything.

Smee
    Free Member

^. Anyone else coming along?

swiss01
    Free Member

saturday for me. i've been to innerleithen so that should be a novelty. and, assuming ilve the legs left, gt on the sunday, where i've only been three times. i look forward to this journey of southern exploration!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I'll be along on Sat or not at all, will post again on Friday.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Which bike should I bring? Hardtail with Revs or 5" full bouncer trail bike? The full bouncer will be 'funner' for any lumpy downs, but I'm afraid I'll be too slow on the ups and alongs 🙁

Help me decide!!

Kit
    Free Member

Jo, I'll be on a 5" full bouncer, and I guarantee you'll be faster up AND down than me. Go for fun – screw 'em whippets!

(assuming you're riding on Sunday that is…)

jojoA1
    Free Member

Cheers Kit. I'm swithering about going both days, not sure if I'll handle the pace… Think I'll take both and select my weapon of choice depending on how I feel on the day 🙂

Where's Goan to tell us in a bit more detail what the routes entail?!

Smee
    Free Member

Take whatever bike you want I'm in no hurry. Both routes have quite a lot of climbing, but as they're circular they have a lot of downs too….

Trekster

not sure if I'll handle the pace…

jojo..the ride leader/s should adjust the pace to suit the slowest rider. the whippets should inform the ride leader/s if they intend leaving the group to do their own thing. Anyone who is not prepared to go at the slowest riders pace should just not bother going imo.

Some basics like a front man, tail gunner and a head count are essential tho.

I am away in the Peaks btw…have fun all

jojoA1
    Free Member

How tech are the descents, was more what I was wondering, Mr G. Tech enough to be more enjoyable on full suss, or more enjoyable on the HT as it will maximise any potential gnarlitude. ( 😉 )

Not that bothered, but it's nice to have an idea of what would be the best tool for the job.

Smee
    Free Member

The descents are not really techy, in my book. The one I'd say was most difficult would be Deliverance at GT, and that is hardly tech – we'll be ducking out the bottom of that maybe on sunday maybe. I'll be riding a HT, but thats all i've got built up just now.

Have you done the Selkirk Merida? If, so you'll know a few of the trails.

I'll assume the tailgunner role as always.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I'm no whippet so I'll not be far from the back on the Saturday climbs.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I'm going to have to give this a miss Mr. G (see what I did…)

I'm off to Kielder this weekend to see if I can find 11 1/2 lost hours. And get pished.

Hope y'all have a super weekend!

jojoA1
    Free Member

Dilemma over. My Pikes are playing up, so it's the HT till I can get the Pikes looked at by the resident aerospace engineer. See youze on Saturday 🙂

robgarrioch

I'm (tentatively) commiting to Sunday, despite being out for dinner Saturday – keen to do Gypsy Glen. Undecided over HT/FS too, not that I have the sick skillz for either. Going from Bonaly in Edinburgh, with roof rack space for 1 bike if anyone's interested in a lift. There for 9.45 'mind!

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

i'm registering a late interest in this, if i can! Fancy both days but i'll only be able to manage one (as long as i get time to fit my new granny ring, you can guess where I sit in the pack!). I'll have to leave making a decision until Friday night probably so i'll keep an eye on this thread.

valley
    Free Member

Hi Goan registering me & 3 others for sunday's run hope that is o.k?

Smee
    Free Member

That's fine. The more the merrier.

Smee
    Free Member

Can someone do me a favour and compile a list of folk who have said they're coming on each day just so we don't miss anyone. I'm working late tonight and tomorrow and won't have the chance to do it myself.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Sunday for me. Full bouncer as opposed to SS hardtail due to running on one lung and no legs.

jimmy

Riding bikes, particularly in Scotland, and in rich Autumnal colours, and in good company is vastly overrated. If you have pints and food after even more so.

So I won't be coming for that reason.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fancy a Tweed Valley STW meet type thing?’ is closed to new replies.