Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 216 total)
  • Anyone fancy a Tweed Valley STW meet type thing?
  • Smee
    Free Member

I'm thinking a saturday or sunday in 3 or 4 weeks time. Mostly on natural trails. Anyone up for it?

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I would be up for that, i am sure radoggair and bigdugsbaws will be along as well.

Not wanting to thread jack but i am off week of 21 September and will be out Wednesday or thursday of that week if anyone else is around then.

GW
    Free Member

Goan then, but only if you promise not to knock me on my arse or pepper me with dust..

😉

jojoA1
    Free Member

Will check my diary and see if I have a 'window' 🙂 Could be good Relentless training.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Just dont make it 26th and 27th as that is when the Kirroughtree/Dalbeattie STW is! I would be up for this but am leaving Scotland on 1st Oct so am only really free a week Sunday now.

[Excuse any hijack, but if anyone wants to join me on a natural ride around Druisdeer (near Sanquar) on 20th Sept (assuming that is the Sunday) as a pre-tweed ride drop me a note.

Smee
    Free Member

So what date do people fancy? I'm doing an 300km Audax on the 19th and then Relentless, so any other dates will be good.

I have a route in mind that involves a good Gypsy Glen tour and something out the back GT that most, if not all of you, wont have done.

ojom
    Free Member

Maybe.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

First weekend in October (3rd/4th)?

Smee
    Free Member

That weekend is fine by me.

Smee
    Free Member

Anyone else?

stevomcd
    Free Member

Possibly, could be back in-country by then.

ton

george, we having a xmas one again matey………

Smee
    Free Member

Sounds good to me Ton.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I was busy that weekend but my date fell through so I now have no pressing engagements. Could very well be interested…

A decent day out the week before Relentless couldn't do any harm, could it?

Smee
    Free Member

What are you doing at Relentless? I'm going for soloing it for a giggle.

househusband

Count me in!

(I take it that Goan is/was Glupton?)

stuartie_c
    Free Member

What are you doing at Relentless? I'm going for soloing it for a giggle.

Good effort. I crewed for a couple of soloing mates last year which was excellent fun. They both finished well (one was 2nd Vet, the other 4th Senior) but were complete zombies by the end. It's a big challenge so good luck – make sure you have good support.

I'm hoping to get a Vets 4 together and enjoy it rather than it being a bloody-minded death march.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

(I take it that Goan is/was Glupton?)

The very same!

(He's quite nice in real life! :D)

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

Only if you can keep up on the climbs Goan 😉

radoggair
    Free Member

Erm……….. just possibly maybe. Not sure which date i can make yet but will find out soon!!

Count me in (preliminary)

Kit
    Free Member

Count me in too for that weekend, but only if someone can give me a lift from Edinburgh :mrgreen:

Depends on distance too!

Smee
    Free Member

The route I have in mind is around 40-50 miles in total, but it is easy to bail out after gypsy glen or indeed join us only for the GT part.

Stuartie_C – I'm thinking supersolo might be the best option for me. Not entirely sure that anyone could put up with my moaning for 24 hours.

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

Remember G, this is mtbing not darkside, if we've to stop for you at bottom the hard techy sections you might get lost 😀

Smee
    Free Member

Or maybe i'll just be taking you lot into the arse end of nowhere and getting shot of you all. Mwahahaha. 😉

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Goan,

Do you fancy posting up some route maps?

Smee
    Free Member

I will do nearer the time. But the idea is taking the singletrack climb up to gypsy glen, coming down the glen then up and round towards the windfarm at the back of GT, perhaps coming down deliverance and past jesus house to finish.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

past jesus house

Eh?

JC lives in GT these days?

Cool.

Smee
    Free Member

Sure does and God lives just down the road. 😉

radoggair
    Free Member

Sure does and God lives just down the road

Well not quite, i actually live about 36.6 miles from JC house

stuartie_c
    Free Member

36.6?

Just as well it's not 66.6

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

Simon, is Druisdeer anywhere near Durisdeer 😀

Whatever you do, if yo haven't been before, don't go up Thick Cleuch..trust me!!

jojoA1
    Free Member

That weekend (3rd/4th) should be ok if people don't mind me tagging along.

radoggair
    Free Member

That weekend (3rd/4th) should be ok if people don't mind me tagging along

christ, here we go, another 30 costume changes. The only thing we haven't seen you in is your birthday suit…………… yet!! 😉

jojoA1
    Free Member

Not a pretty sight. I'll stick to stripping off the arm-warmers. 😉

Trekster

Simon..Count me in for Durisdeer.

Was there the other week

First weekend in Oct I will be mostly riding a Blue Pig in the Peaks courtesy of 18bikes in Hope

Smee
    Free Member

^ Just so the idea doesn't disappear into the ether.

swiss01
    Free Member

i might be up for it if it's saturday as sunday is the first day of cx and i'm reasonably keen to do that

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

count me in, have a car for that weekend, although i'm hoping to run one of the days so would be good to know in advance which day we're planning to ride.

i've not ridden gypsy glen before, what's it like?

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

I'm up for Oct 3/4 as well.

Idea of distance and hillyness?

Kit
    Free Member

Lee:

The route I have in mind is around 40-50 miles in total, but it is easy to bail out after gypsy glen or indeed join us only for the GT part.

But the idea is taking the singletrack climb up to gypsy glen, coming down the glen then up and round towards the windfarm at the back of GT, perhaps coming down deliverance and past jesus house to finish.

Claire, Gypsy Glen is excellent fun – very fast rolling descent down into Peebles. Great scenery and a bit of a push up to the top, depending on which way Goan plans to go.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fancy a Tweed Valley STW meet type thing?’ is closed to new replies.