Viewing 16 posts - 201 through 216 (of 216 total)
  • Anyone fancy a Tweed Valley STW meet type thing?
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sorry I missed this – the logistics of getting down were just too much hassle

beefy

Hello, man this has got everyone in the world interested, but anyway, will there be a chance that there will be a group of folks riding at the end of October sometime?

swiss01
    Free Member

that is a lot of climbing.

note to self. if going out for a couple of days don't, on the first day, say anything along the lines of 'i like climbing'. these words will come back to haunt you!

two great days riding, esp the glen descent today. cheers goan

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What time were y'all back at the inners carpark on saturday, I thought I saw Jojo whizz past me when I was fixing a puncture about 1400 on sat? not far from the top of the Caddon bank, didn't realise you folks would have been there then, otherwise I'd have kept an eye out.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Bumped into our Jo and Ollie at the end of the day- sounded like a good weekend. I was taking noobs out and playing on my new bike at GT today but had a brief chat with raddogair and some guys from Leslie Bike Shop.

Glad you all enjoyed it.

One thing I noted when I pulled into the car park was that not one rider was on a 29er, and I didn't see any SS's- could it be that people own them but don't actually ride them? 😉

radoggair
    Free Member

One thing I noted when I pulled into the car park was that not one rider was on a 29er, and I didn't see any SS's- could it be that people own them but don't actually ride them?

Only men today, 29ers and ss are for boys and new niche wannabe's. Serious riders have gears 😀

rolfharris
    Free Member

Oi! Even I roll out my SS once a year for the SSUKs.

radoggair
    Free Member

Oi! Even I roll out my SS once a year for the SSUKs

Serious riders have gears

😉

househusband

Greg, shouldn't your motto be; "Serious riders have (g)ears"..?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Great pics guys, was an Ace day out…was really hyper by the end of it! Roll on the next STW meet!

radoggair
    Free Member

"Serious riders have (g)ears"..?

yeah yeah yeah yeah, mr funny man!!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

You just dont like 29ers because you are too short to get a leg over one. Bet you hate big women too 😉

jojoA1
    Free Member

Hey people, thanks for a great couple of days riding. Sorry I was too much of a girl to carry on yesterday afternoon. I'm now at work suffering from over exertion whilst in the grips of a virus. Really loved the Gypsy Glen descent. Lots of floaty wee bits to skip over 🙂 serious grin factor.

robgarrioch

FAO HouseHusband;

Impressed with your route download info Andy – if I may, which GPS unit / software do you use, & does this automatically use OS maps? I feel a birthday present coming on… 🙂

househusband

Garmin eTrex H that I had in a pocket on my backpack, Sunday was the first time I'd used it; had a larger one (GPS60) before but I never used all the functions and wanted something smaller and more compact, so sold it.

Mapping software is Tracklogs for the map I posted. However, I can thoroughly recommend Quo mapping software, as it cheaper in comparison. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that Tracklogs has, but it is much cheaper. You can buy 10 x 10km areas at 25k (higher, equivalent to OS Explorer maps) resolution for £1.95 each.

robgarrioch

Thanks, Andy. Need to get this on the wishlist, what with xmas only 2.5 months away!

Viewing 16 posts - 201 through 216 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fancy a Tweed Valley STW meet type thing?’ is closed to new replies.