Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 216 total)
  • Anyone fancy a Tweed Valley STW meet type thing?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ohhhhh…………….

I'll have a car this year too so might actualy make it 🙂

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Thanks Kit (are you Edinburgh Kit…?)

I'll be SS so if the pace isn't too fast I'm up for this.

Kit
    Free Member

The one and only 😉 Met you on that beautiful Ben Cleugh ride a few years ago with shoogly.

Is anyone able to offer me a lift from Edinburgh? Would be gratefully appreciated! I'll post up again nearer the time though if people aren't sure they're going to make it.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

ha, doubt a SS will slow you down much Lee! 😀

looking forward to this, although i'm back on my hoss these days and anything rougher than the pentlands leaves me beaten up due to rubbish forks!

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Ah Kit, whenever I think about a nice summer's ride, that day comes flooding back… where did you go, sun :o(

I'm through in Glasgow these days and don't get out riding nearly enough!

radoggair
    Free Member

have we decided on a final day yet. I know we said weekend 3/4 october but will it be on the 3rd or the 4th just so i can try and get that day off

Thank u

Kit
    Free Member

househusband – Member

Count me in!

Whatever anyone does, DON'T let househusband set off after you when heading downhill! Let's just say you don't want 15 tonnes stone of beefcake ramming you from behind. 😯

😉

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Kit,

If i am fit enough to take part i will be leaving from Ferry Road area. Car aint big so as long as you travel light and do not mind the bike being on a rack out back should be able to give you a lift.

Cheers
    Iain

Smee
    Free Member

I am easy about which day we do. So lets have a wee vote from the rest of you about which day you all want to do.

If there is an evenish split, I may even be tempted to play tour guide on both days. Different routes too if folk want to do two rides.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I'm hoping to get out and have a mate thats interested as well. I'd probably prefer the Sunday.

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

If the days are ok this looks like it's going to be a great day,I'll be on the ss rigid. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up.

Kit
    Free Member

Hi Iain,

Don't mind bike being on the back so long as you don't let it fall off 🙂 I'll have a change of clothes and my Camelbak if that's light enough for you. I live in Comely Bank so probably not far from you. Much appreciated – will confirm in a couple of weeks!

P.S. Don't mind which day the ride is.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

whosethedaddy, me too, we can keep eachother going… 😆

Saturday would be better for me.

househusband

Whatever anyone does, DON'T let househusband set off after you when heading downhill! Let's just say you don't want 15 tonnes stone of beefcake ramming you from behind.

You hittin' on me, Kit? 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Househusband – yeah – I think Kit has said that as he wants you all for himself 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

I've already had plenty of HH, thank you very much.

*walks off bow-legged…*

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i can do either day. i'm also going to be riding GT/Inners on friday 2nd if anyone is around.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Is this still on?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Can we decide on a day?

gamo
    Free Member

If this goes ahead on the Sun could probably meet up as well.

radoggair
    Free Member

sunday sunday sunday……………. lets meet on sunday, inners car park at 10am. There,decision made!!!!

househusband

sunday sunday sunday…

This is Sunday Sunday Sunday the 4th the 4th the 4th of October..?

radoggair
    Free Member

yeah yeah yeah !!!

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Will there be a meet on Saturday Saturday Saturday too?

jojoA1
    Free Member

Boo, I was going to have a first bash at cyclocross in Stirling on the Sunday. Never mind, I'd rather have a day's riding with you chaps 🙂

Anyone up for anything on the Saturday too?

Kit
    Free Member

I'd rather meet on the Saturday actually. Leaves One time for a spot of golf on Sunday, wot wot.

And GT is a better place to meet I reckon – food, toilets and changing

househusband

I'm not fussed about the day, but (sorry, Kit dahling) don't agree that Glentress would be a better place to meet… I think that Gypsy Glen, or any 'natural' ride for that matter, provides more opportunity for group camaraderie, disaster, mickey taking, nudity and perversion – and isn't this what STW meets* are all about?

(* Yeah I know I'm going to the one this weekend in D&G at a trail centre!)

Smee
    Free Member

Yes its still on and there will be a ride both days. Where we meet will depend on where I fancy taking you all.

Options are Gypsy Glen and GT area or Inners and Merida bits.

robgarrioch

I might tag along too, if numbers aren't yet prohibitive. How much effort are we talking, compared to, say, GT Black for reference? Just to guage di-lithium requirements.

Kit
    Free Member

Aye HH, but one of the proposals was Gypsy Glen and out the back of GT, sooooooo Glentress car park would be ideal if folk were tired after the 1st half and wanted to bail 🙂

Did I mention cafe too?

Oh, and if you're getting naked, I'll make sure to bring the wide lens 8)

househusband

Aye, and we're in Goan's hands – and he knows the area better than most so happy with whatever!

Forget the wide angle, it'll be the macro you'll need… 😥

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

"In Goans hands" thats frightning. 😉

Smee
    Free Member

For the Gypsy Glen ride I would suggest that the forestry carpark at Cardrona might be the best place to meet and Inners for the Inners based day.

Do we have any preferences for which route happens on which day? Both routes are about as good as each other – Inners will be a bit longer though.

radoggair
    Free Member

well, never done Gypsy so would prefer that on the sunday TBH. NOt confirmed what day i'm off yet but hoping sunday

Smee
    Free Member

OK then – who is coming on which days?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Maybe me Either day
    I'm up for gypsy glen – and IMO best done from Gt carpark. . IU'll be looking to scrounge a lift is poss

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Maybe both, see how the legs feel after the Saturday 😕

Smee
    Free Member

For those that are doing both days, or travelling a fair distance how about some beer one evening?

robgarrioch

Um, apologies for asking again, think I posted in the middle of a private e-flirt… 😳

Will anyone be my friend?? 😥

I'll be up for whichever day does this Gypsy Glen – may have car / rack space for one other (from Edinburgh, Bonaly area)

Smee
    Free Member

It'll be a bit longer than GT black, but we wont be in any hurry. IT'll be a sociable ride. Dont worry about not being fit enough. There are plenty chances to bale out.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fancy a Tweed Valley STW meet type thing?’ is closed to new replies.