Home Forums Bike Forum Another girl’s bike project… 7 year old content

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Another girl’s bike project… 7 year old content
  • Rich_s

Miss Mini_s had been using a Trek Roscoe 24 for the last year or so, but I was never happy that it fitted her. So plans were made to change to a more “mtb” shaped bike using my spare parts emporium…

View post on imgur.com

I found most of a Carrera Luna 24 (old shape) on eBay for £30 delivered. Sold and gave away most of the parts for £30.

Power coated the frame to match the colour of one of her doll’s hair for £40.

It’s 10sp Zee/XT with slx brakes. Wheels I built and are red novatec cheapy hubs on DT comp spokes on some fat Alex rims, running a 2.6″ front and 2.1″ rear.

Cranks are Frogs, stem and bars off a Trott, pedals DMR and grips Deathgrips.

Forks are Exotic carbon off of here. Can’t remember who I bought them off but I’m sure he’ll remember them.

Thanks to @MrOvershoot for reaming out the BB and @nre for advice. And all the inspiration on various threads on here about Lunas and the like.

Happy daddy. And I think she likes it too.

nre
    Free Member

Nice!

mattcartlidge

Very cool

poah
    Free Member

looks pretty small for a 24inch wheel bike. How tall is your daughter? Sophie still on a 20inch bike

rossburton
    Free Member

Lovely build. I’ve done two almost identical builds, the first (one of the many threads on here) was for my son’s first 24″ bike. He’s now 13 and riding a medium 650b frame, but many of the parts – like the drivechain, also Zee – are still going strong.

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

Ace! Kids on bikes is great.

neilnevill
    Free Member

24″ for a 7yo? even at nearly 8 she must be pretty tall I guess! my 6 almot 7yo only just moved on to her 20″ early rider about 3 months back, maybe 4…so at 6.5yo, and she seems tall in her class. must be a class full of shorties next to your little miss! Anyway, bike looks great, I hope you both enjoy some great rides!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Very nice, just got the 7 year old grand daughter a new bike , she’s got very long legs ! … got her a Vitus 24+ , Bought through eBay from wiggles shop , it had 2 tiny paint chips and a missing front tyre ! .. saved a nice amount , all ready now for when she’s up here next :) …. Kids on bikes are ace

Rich_s

Sorry, realised I hadn’t come back to this thread and answered the questions about her size. She’s 131cm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.