Home Forums Chat Forum Amazon DUURRRR

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Amazon DUURRRR
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ordered a window switch array for my car. I’m in Aus. Ordered part. Email from Amazon GERMANY asking me for more details on my car. Supplied. 2 days later “ah sorry we don’t have that part, cancel the order and we’ll process refund”

Order says it’s been shipped.

Supplier says “yeah we don’t have the part, our boss has sent you a gift, just cancel the order”

I can’t cancel the order, as it’s BEEN SHIPPED

So now I have to wait for some random bit of crap being sent to me, not the part I want or need, and I can’t push the refund until this random POS makes it’s way from friggin Germany to Aus.

I appreciate the nicety but, far out….

If anyone knows where I can get a non-OEM Landcruiser driver’s side door switch, and not at OEM prices either….. ($800!) hit me up eh?

maccruiskeen

I can’t cancel the order, as it’s BEEN SHIPPED

This is presumably an Amazon marketplace seller rather than Amazon themselves – I doubt the boss of amazon is going to take time off from space rockets to send you a key ring – Explain you can’t cancel (they may not have realised this) and tell the seller to cancel the order themselves

Drac

Contact Amazon.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah the boss of the selling company, not Amazon. Did I really need to clarify that? Jeff aint sending me sh1t. hahah

RustyNissanPrairie

@aphex_2k

Try Autodoc of Germany. Its where I get all my parts from. Good choice between Chinese rebranded tat through to quality OEM brands.

Pretty sure they deliver to Oz

johndoh
    Free Member

If anyone knows where I can get a non-OEM Landcruiser driver’s side door switch, and not at OEM prices either

I needed a part for a Mazda 3 – Breakers Yards on Ebay were selling them for around £100 but I got it brand new (albeit with the serial number subtly ground off so I assume OEM but hiding the ‘paper trail’) from AliExpress for < £30 delivered – it didn’t take too long either, a couple of weeks I think.

Edit: A quick Google…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

The quick Google shows LHD part. For some reason that part code also brings up a myriad of wrong parts on places like AliExpress.

I have found two so far, but when arrived the parts have double connectors on, whereas mine (2002-2007) just has a single connector. Even the pics in one showed the correct fitment but when it arrived it wasn’t the right one.

I’ll persevere.

ossify

Just open a return and let the seller process a refund without you actually returning anything. Don’t escalate the case to Amazon support as an A-Z claim. This is the simplest way and avoids them getting bad ratings by Amazon for seller-initiated cancellations or something.

johndoh
    Free Member

The quick Google shows LHD part. For some reason that part code also brings up a myriad of wrong parts on places like AliExpress.

Fair enough – it was only a quick look and I don’t know what specific part you are looking for, but I am sure they will have it if you persevere.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

All done – just was expecting it to be difficult as how would Amazon know the seller didn’t have the item or send the correct thing. I did wonder if it was some kind of scam but just been emailed, refund done and should show in due course.

Now…. I wonder what the free apology gift might be……..?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.