• This topic has 480 replies, 127 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by ton.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 481 total)
  • 500 Mile a month.
  • ton

1000 miles for January is pretty good going….I still reckon he is on the rock n roll… 😉

zangolin
    Free Member

All road apart from about 10 on the MTB so far in Jan. Not really fair to compare my mileage on the road to someone who is mainly off-road. Had to cut down a little last week as we had a big school inspection – otherwise I’d be over a 1000 by now.

Weather has been a bit grim as well – winter bike with full mudguards helps – especially with the amount of mud on the roads of the Shire atm.

emac65
    Free Member

Will have done 400 by Friday,not in the group though.
    No point as I only do off road miles,don’t commute & don’t own a road bike..
    An off road one would be better,for me anyway 8)

ton

90% of mine is offroad.

cookeaa

Currently 16th, on 273 miles was 15th this morning, but some bugger went and did a few more miles…

I will top 300 miles by the end of the week but probably not much more than ~330, shame but I’m consoling my self with the knowledge I started back on the bike late after christmas…

It’s got me looking for more creative Opportunities to clock miles now, So I’m hoping Feb will be better. “Base miles” ~90 miles a week between commutes and a Tuesday night round the local velodrome are established and can be extended if weather/light/time allow, then it’s down to getting extra night rides and weekend riding in to make up the rest. it is of course quite marginal; a couple of days off for whatever reason and I’m going to be down on my mileage…

Still worth striving for the 6000 mile goal by the end of the year…

soma_rich
    Free Member

I am at about 400 miles on the road. With the weather we have had I wouldn’t have wanted to do any more!

woody2000

but some bugger went and did a few more miles…

cookeaa – that was probably me, sorry! 🙂

lowey

Er…..

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve not signed up for the Endo but I’ve managed 164 miles this month, mainly on the MTB, think I’ve only had the Road Bike out a couple of times.

I aim to up that in Feb. Being busy at work, mate being off the bike with a bad back and a can’t be arsed attitude have kept my mileage down.

Still better than this time last year though.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

288 here. Missed a couple of long road rides due to weather, but not bad for January.

Lets see what we can do in Feb as it’s a shorter month and often sees the worst of the winter.

ton

528 here, with 2 days off, and I eased off this week. I am pleased as punch with that to be honest.
    not bad for a fat grandad with a knackered ticker…… 😆

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Good work Ton.

Nearly double my mileage. I’m not fat, ticker is in good nick, but I am a grandad 🙂

ton

got to be honest, I am proper up for this, something to aim for, for the 1st time in a few years, and hopefully gonna get the milage up a bit in better weather.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

310 miles here. Not where i wanted TBH. Last weekends weather put paid to a 100 mile audax I’d entered* and this weekend is shaping up to be just as bad 🙁

*Not that the audax was cancelled, i just wimped out of torrential rain & 40mph winds.

simondbarnes

Nice one Ton.

707 miles here. Should have been more but have been ill since Sunday. Ho hum. Back on a bike soon hopefully!

houndlegs
    Free Member

261 miles for me. Its made me realise that 500 is a helluva lot without commuting. But to be honest,I’m quite pleased with my effort, its more than I’ve done any other January.
    Oh and I’m a kilo lighter 😆

bigshep
    Free Member

So I came in tenth with 355miles.
    Started late and had a week off due to back pain.
    Feeling good for it though and hoping to get to 500 in Feb and make up the shortfall in a couple of months.
    Well done to everyone so far and I agree with Ton, you can’t do 1000miles a month a have a full time job. 😯

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

6th, 562miles all commuting, think I got rained on every ride…

I’ve done another 100 off-road but I don’t bother to record them.

zangolin
    Free Member

Just good time management + keep chipping away at the mileage is the answer. Lucky I can get my weekday rides in on the way to and from work – getting a couple of hours in a day is easy plus stick a few 3 or 4 hour rides in at the weekend – job done. I am a teacher so I do get the school holidays to stack a few extra miles in :D. Had a full on school inspection the other week – so mileage was down a little for Jan – usually manage 250 or so a week on the road.

oldgit
    Free Member

465 which is a bit of a surprise. We had three icy Sundays that shortened the usual club run. And cross didn’t help, all day Sunday to travel/race/travel and cover about 8 miles on the bike.
    Bonus miles came from a midweek night road ride, and a Saturday mixed on/off road ride.
    I don’t commute, so no miles there. And I can’t count Turbo time.
    It was also my first ever ever month with a computer/GPS.

samuri
    Free Member

Horrendous month for me.
    Just loads of issues followed by knackering my finger up by slashing it across the knuckle. More than a week off the bike. Hopefully Feb will be better. Chapeau to those that are ahead of average.

crazy-legs

I *just* sneaked in over 500 but only by 2 miles!

All but one ride was either commuting on the roadie SS or track cycling at Manchester Velodrome. Not ridden a geared bike at all this year! The non-commute ride was a 45 mile spin in the Cheshire lanes.

Got wet on almost all the commutes including one horrendous ride how in sleet and slush. SO cold and wet.

Well done everyone who made it, the weather has been dreadful all month. There’s no way I’d have come close to the total were it not for the fact that the track is on my doorstep!

ton

18 mile café ride done this morning. daily target of 17.4 miles for feb, so I have 1 mile in the bank already……. 😆

scandalous
    Free Member

476 as of yesterday. Biggest haul for this early. Will be well into the 5’s this week. Enjoying the bike and not just chasing miles which is also good!

oldgit
    Free Member

476 miles in two days, knickers I thought I’d got off to a good start this month.
    Planned rides including an Audax might see me reach the target by the 16th.

scandalous
    Free Member

No, YTD!

brack
    Free Member

I use Strava

Is it possible to transfer all my miles in January across to edmondo ?

woody2000

Brack – you can export the rides from Strava as GPX, then import to Emdomondo. I think you’d have to do 1 at once though, don’t know if you can bulk export from Strava

brack
    Free Member

Cheers for that Woody…not sure I have the time for that…esp with most of my little rides.

zangolin
    Free Member

woody2000 – Member
    Brack – you can export the rides from Strava as GPX, then import to Emdomondo. I think you’d have to do 1 at once though, don’t know if you can bulk export from Strava

What Brack says – Not been able to find a way to bulk import either – into Endomondo. The single import seems to take forever esp with long rides.
    Use Garmin Connect then import to Strava + Endomndo now. Didn’t bother importing into Endomondo for 6 months last year – so still have about 5000 miles worth of rides to import, to bring Enomondo up to date.

amedias
    Free Member

I use Strava too, I’ve just been adding them to Endomondo as manual activities, so all I have to do is add the time and distance, it doesn’t take that long.

zangolin
    Free Member

Yes – but you miss out on all the gps data, hr, altitude etc by manual activity. probably just as quick to import the gpx file.

amedias
    Free Member

Yes – but you miss out on all the gps data, hr, altitude etc by manual activity

Yes, but…

I use Strava too

Where it has all that stuff for me, I’m only putting things into Endomondo to participate in this challenge with you guys, which means all I need in there is the times and distances and it’s a lot quicker than downloading and importing the GPX’s cos I’m only using the Strava App on my phone until I can save up for a proper GPS.

pondo

59.1 – fail. 🙁 Means I need to average 540 for the rest of the year.

ton

I am looking to top 550 this month, looking to build up to 700 for one of the summer months……..well if we get a summer month.. 😆

MoreCashThanDash

Managed 402 miles, despite commuting in the rain a couple of times making it harder to shake off a cold.

I’m actually aiming for 5000 miles this year, if I only manage 402 each month it would still be the most I’ve done in a year

cookeaa

Only 329 miles for January, and then nothing ridden over the weekend, currently showing 15th on the table but that will slip once a few people commute home tonight.

Planning to do ~50 mils tomorrow between commutes and a night ride…

I think 400 miles through Feb is realistic, 500 is achievable and the ~670 to get me back “on target” is probably a serious push TBH, but not completely unachievable, TBH it’s all about consistency, and taking the opportunities to get out for a ride whenever I can…

The Best thing about the challenge is its got me using the Endomondo site, I’ve had an Endomondo accounts for ages but just never used it, pulling *.gpx files off Strava and uploading them to Endomondo has been pretty smooth and I really quite like the way the Endomondo site works and presents your data.

cheers_drive

334 road miles for Jan
    Also did a few turbo session and one mtb ride that I didn’t record

ant0463
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve ever managed 500 in a month – even in Summer my rides tend to be short but severe. Still , happy to join in for the craic! ** notices afterwards the age of the thread.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

778miles for me from 1 – 31 January, mostly on the road but includes intervals on the turbo/rollers. Was surprised by this as i train to hours not miles so have never paid much attention before but a quick flick through training peaks indicates this is normal mileage for me. More about consistent training than any epic rides though, longest ride was 5.5hours.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 481 total)

The topic ‘500 Mile a month.’ is closed to new replies.