500 Mile a month.

Home Forum Bike Forum 500 Mile a month.

Viewing 45 posts - 181 through 225 (of 481 total)
  • 500 Mile a month.
  • zangolin

70 odd miles indoors? not in 1 go I hope……..

No Ton – 34 miles at SQT last night and 36m in a Sunday morning session

MTB-Idle

It’s tough in this weather but if you have the right kit and MTFU then you can get out there and ride. Rule #9 etcetera

Mainly doing my distance on my commute to work. It’s all going well to date even in this stormy weather. But have managed to get out a number of times on my MTB too. Surrey Hills are okay if you pick your spot.

January 600 miles (despite having cracked two ribs falling off my MTB on 2nd Jan)
    February 280 miles to date and feeling good

I haven’t read the whole thread but is there a spreadsheet/strava club page/other site where you are all posting up your distance?

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

The logs are on endomondo…
    http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/13712660

and while someone has ridden halfway around the world, just about, some of us have barely got out the door.

MTB-Idle

ah, ok just spotted the Endomondo page, will upload rides this evening.

Why is the endomondo club page picture of someone who doesn’t appear to be a cyclist?

zangolin

and while someone has ridden halfway around the world, just about, some of us have barely got out the door.

Please – I’m only 5.7% of my way round the world 😉

340 miles so far this month.
    My eyes are constantly streaming from riding in the wind.

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

2 days left this month, 42 miles needed to make 600 miles this month.
    how you all doing?

zangolin

how you all doing?

Good going that Ton – are you feeling the benefit of the extra mileage yet?
    I just need 78 miles for nice round 1000 this month – should get a large chunk of that tomorrow night down at SQT on the Velodrome.

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

feeling lighter mate…..dropped 5lbs this week.
    and just done 12 mile in under a hour…………how fast am I…. 😆

mcmoonter

how you all doing?

Good effort Tony.

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

Nice going Ton!

I haven’t even logged my mileage this month – partly due to the laptop with my spreadsheet on it dying a death. But I know I’m nowhere close to 500 miles.

Will start again in March. 🙂

Subscriber

nice.

for me, 480 miles per day to get back on target.
    and this weekend is in next month.

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

Haven’t been doing this but chucked myself into this challenge only been commuting since the start of the year. So only 125 miles total so far. But be interesting to see if I can get myself up this table over the year! No danger I’ll be getting anywhere close to 500 miles a month mind you! I’ll aim for a 200 mile month in march then up from there. Will do the challenge properly next year!

I’m last on page 3 I’ll make last on page 2 the challenge! 😆

Premier Icon lowey
    Subscriber

Well with a fair wind I’ll have cracked 310 by tomorrow night, which is more than I have ever ridden in my life in a month. Its all road and CX though 🙁 Hardly any fun miles.

Jan = 15 miles
    Feb = 0 miles
    Totally lost mojo with weather

Mojo return is imminent as the start of a 3 month trip around Spain and France is not far away.
    A modicum of fitness has been retained with plenty of walking/jogging and even slow running.

scandalous

725 total YTD

Premier Icon StefMcDef
    Subscriber

Last couple of years, since being on Strava/Endomondo and logging my rides, it’s done roughly 2500 a year.

Would like to get that up to 3650 – ten miles a day. Can’t be that hard, can it?!

The trouble with working from home is, if you CBA, if it’s wet, windy and horrible, you don’t bother going out.

When I HAD to commute to work and the bike was the only way to get there, I would have clocked up the miles without thinking.

Going to have to go for it today and tomorrow to get the first two months of this year up and over a 100 mile a month average. 😕

disco_stu

I managed 400km last month and should get close to 500km this month.
    A sportive (70 odd miles ) on Sunday should get me off to a good start for March.

Hob Nob

I should just about sneak 1000km YTD by the end of this month. Lower than I want, but considering the weather, and work situation currently, I’m quite pleased with that.

If things improve, and I can start working in a different office, I can ride in a few days a week, and get some decent evening and weekend riding back under my belt.

I have had a huge hissy fit about riding in howling winds, and sideways rain over the last few months, so chances to get out have been somewhat limited…

Premier Icon bigshep
    Subscriber

I’m needing 85 miles in the next 2 days to hit 500 this month.
    Going to leave it to next month to start eating into my January deficit.

pondo

I like this thread – 500 miles a month for me is maybe a one-off target, rather than an all year round thing, but while I couldn’t say I’m pulling out all the stops to try and make it, it’s definitely there at the back of the mind. 🙂

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

I spend all my spare time working out routes from home and work, trying to find new stuff to ride to keep it fresh.
    bikehike is your friend for this…. 8)

mkidley

270 miles in January, 187 miles in February. Work getting in the way, such is life. 🙁

townydc

150 miles only for me this month but alot of these miles have been slip sliding away in the mud, do they count as double then???? 😀

pondo

I almost think they should – 330-odd for me YTD, and all but 12 were on the road… 🙁

I’m currently in 2nd place on 1326 miles, but I’ve missed a lot of miles this month through the poor weather and a mid-ride mechanical that necessitated ringing home for a lift back. Despite that, I have managed a couple of centuries this month, so it’s not all doom and gloom.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

Over 800 miles so far this year, so seem to be hitting 400 a month rather than 500.

March looks like being a lean month, 2-3 weekends we are busy and I can’t get out and a busy schedule of driving for work.

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

330 for Jan, 282 for Feb so far and only one 16 mile commute home available to clock up anymore…

Looks like I’m barely averaging 300 miles a month which seems to have me wibbling about in the 12-14th range on the table…

Plus it now I’m having to spend most of the next month at a clients office, not sure what opportunities I’ll actually have for riding/commuting through March so things could slip Further.

I’m motivated but things are getting in the way a bit, I think I shall have to kick off March with a big Ride or two just to keep the enthusiasm up…

saxabar

Without trying to get involved, I do seem to have the 125 figure per week in my head. Reckon I’m just about on par at mo’ although I don’t record rides. Have to say, the sun today made it a lot more spirit-lifting.

houndlegs

244 for February, I must admit the rain put me off quite a bit.
    Total so far 505.

MTB-Idle

I’m doing well, currently in 4th place on the table with 1317 miles YTD and enjoying my riding (well apart from the odd miserable one) but am extending my route home from my normal 18 miles to 22 to 25 miles depending on how I feel.

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

I am chasing you mate…… 😀

MTB-Idle

yup, you are on my six as the roadies would say

Mary Hinge

381 miles for February. But being a triafflete I have a few other things that occupy my free time 🙂

Should get up to 500 miles for a few months this year, but 400 looks more achievable with the time I have available.

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

I need to slow down a bit, going like I am this month, I will be hitting 900 miles, which is far far too serious. gonna have to have some sundays off spent in the pub…. 😆

amedias

I really need to get round to putting my Feb miles into Endomondo…

Still a fair bit behind (about 750miles YTD due to a crappy Feb) but this is a great motivator to do more even if you don’t hit the actual 500 mark it’s great for keeping you going!

Sitting in 8th at the moment, might have to start logging my weekend riding to try to catch up as it appears you all above me are pulling away. Only been logging my commutes so far.

Thanks for that bikehike site Ton, looks good that and will use it to try and find some new commute routes.

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

how’s everyone doing?
    I started the month off flying, but after a mini tour in the lakes I have been fubar. looking for a 700 mile total this month hopefully.

Subscriber

been skiing instead
    weather looks good for the weekend though
    i’m no longer last

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

Dire!

2 weeks off the bike with a chest infection, and a weeks holiday in Feb means I’m miles behind. 3 weeks paternity leave coming up, so that’ll mean very limited or non-existent riding too. I’ll keep plugging away though 🙂

amedias

Not too bad, weather was awful at start of month and had a few races so miles were down a bit compared to what I expected.

Going better now though, managed my first 200+ mile week last week so getting back on track 🙂

Still got a lot of catching up to do though!

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

still enjoying doing it though, regardless of the weather.
    me and the wife are going for a weeks tour of the dales and lakes on the 9th of april, so that should bump a few miles on for april…. 8)

pondo

Came flying out of the traps at the start of the month, stumbled last week and this week but back on the case now. Still now 500 miles though – went through 500km on Strava’s monthly challenge today on the way in, I’m on 325 miles. Another 21 on the way home, and about forty on Sunday, plus whatever I can get myself to do tomorrow…. Call it about 400 miles, with luck? It’s still there as a target, just one that’s out of reach in this calendar year! 🙂

amedias

Hurrah! finally managed a 500+ in March (588 to be exact), starting to make up for my 400 mile Jan and woefully poor 200 mile Feb.

How’s everyone else doing?

I’m using this more of a (just about) achievable goal/target for me rather than beating myself up if I don’t put the miles in, but it’s a really good motivator and helping to push me out of the door on days where I might have bailed otherwise, and I can honestly say I’ve not regretted a single ride once I’ve actually been out for a few mins and got warm 🙂

Premier Icon lowey
    Subscriber

Terrible month last April after a promising March. Work situation means I’ll struggle to commute this month too, so going for quality over quantity, well thats my excuse anyway.

Viewing 45 posts - 181 through 225 (of 481 total)

The topic ‘500 Mile a month.’ is closed to new replies.