• This topic has 480 replies, 127 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by ton.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 481 total)
  • 500 Mile a month.
  • TheSanityAssassin

You can easily edit your Endo stats after each ride on the website, Tony. Go to the ‘Training’ tab and it’ll show your most recent ride(s). There’s an ‘Edit’ tab on the right side of the map – press that and adjust the bit that’s wrong. Press ‘save’ et voila!!

ton

Johnny, in my training tab, it shows 12 ride with a total of 216.7 miles, but in the list of people doing it, with the totals at the side it shows 184.4 miles. odd.

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve only done 74 miles this year so I’ve no chance of hitting target now.

I’m going to do my best to keep up, but think I’m going to go for the personal target of 5000 miles this year.

It’s just been busy at work and with the dogs so I’ve not been out much.

oldboy
    Free Member

I ran about 2000/3000 miles a year for 20 years. My knees are f**ked now and wish I hadn’t! I guess cycling doesn’t have similar consequences.

TheSanityAssassin

Tony – go through each ride as though you are going to edit it. You’ll probably find that one or two have the box for ‘include in stats’ (or some such) unticked. Make sure both boxes are ticked in every ride and it’ll soon update your info.

ton

Johnny, you are a star…….cheers mate. 8)

TheSanityAssassin

You’re welcome 😀

amedias
    Free Member

hows everyone doing* couple of days to go to middle of the month 😉

I’m not doing so well at the moment, bad weather and lack of motivation means I’m only at 180miles so a bit behind at the moment, hopefully you’ll all incentivise me to do better!

*I’m not on endomondo so not sure I can see everyone elses?

EDIT – just realises I can see the stats 🙂

richmtb

Personally I’m aiming for 200 miles in Jan as this is commensurate with my current level of fitness!

Its not necessarily the mileage its making the time to make sure you ride almost every day.

If you can commute then obviously that makes things a bit easier

scandalous
    Free Member

200 here. on target for 440 this month.
    Better than last year. I think that bar a few short rides, no proper mileage happened until after the snow went in April last year so feeling much more on top of things!
    500 miles a month is a lot to balance with work/kids etc but don’t loose heart just yet people, the mileage will pick up as the weather improves!

trickydisco
    Free Member

A friend of mine who’s racing elite this year Nick noble has done 510 miles already this month with 18,700ft of climbing!

(he’s 47)

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve managed one-off months with 300 miles three or four times, and I’ve managed to string together 4 or 5 back-to-back 200 mile months, but I’ve never beaten 2000 miles in a year.

Hopefully, 2014 is the year this changes, but I say that every year 🙂

zangolin
    Free Member

I’m guessing most people are doing this off road? or is it a mix. Definitely a lot quicker + easier to rack up the miles on the road – although I think I am stating the obvious there!
    485 miles + 23,000ft climbing so far this year for me – 95% on the road at the moment though.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

200 and a bit miles so far, all on road. Over 13’000ft of climbing too. Signed up to a 100 mile audax this month so hopefully I’ll hit 400 miles this month.

ton

zangolin, I wondered who that was, at the top of the list….impressive miles. are you unemployed……….. 😉

andytherocketeer

blimey at some of those miles.

If I cheat, and add my 120km of skiing (including lifts), I’m still mid of page 2.

Might get out for a ride at the weekend. Gotta keep legs working for next ski trip.

miketually
    Free Member

My totals so far for 2014 are:

ride: 45km
    run: 5.7km

🙂

zangolin
    Free Member

zangolin, I wondered who that was, at the top of the list….impressive miles. are you unemployed………..

Ton – lol – no 😀 – just always make the time to ride. Little on the way to work then an hour or 2 on the way back, couple of longer rides on the weekend. Not massive miles but it all adds up. Always helps living a mile or so from where I work so – it could be a 1 mile ride in or a long 30 odd miles on the way back. Lucky that Herefordshire has hundreds of miles of country lanes and every type of terrain you could want – from rolling hills to the long climbs of the Black Mountains.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

We’ll I’m a little behind where I would like to be but put in a good few miles this weekend, so hoping to recoup a few miles in the second half of the month as only managed 118 so far….. January is a busy month for me though so realistically I may struggle to get much past 400 ….. But fairly confident I can make up the annual total over summer !

Must admit though the Challenge helped my motivation last week (when I realised how far behind I was !) …….

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Are people including miles done on turbo trainers in this?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Bloomin’ eck – there’s some miles put in on this challenge, top fella has 600 miles already! 😯 I’m way off the pace and i’m in the top ten!

crazy-legs

I’m not on Endomondo and I’ve only Strava’d one ride this year but I’m up to 323 miles – all but today through commuting and track riding.

More keeping track of it for my own interest rather than any particular challenge or target.

ton

can I just say, all my rides are being done at a very sedate 9 or 10mph.
    but I am bloody loving doing the challenge and getting out every day.

scotroutes

You can’t do miles on turbo trainers. Not unless they are in the back of a moving vehicle 😆

simondbarnes

Forgotten my Endomondo login (haven’t used it for a couple of years) but Strava says I’m up to 927km / 576 miles for the month. Pretty happy with that so far.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’ll be happy to put in 400 miles to be honest. It’s made me realise exactly how much time has to be spent on the bike to hit that target. Will be easier in summer with daylit evenings but even then its a lot of riding.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

155 miles so far, would have been 200 if it wasn’t for last week’s black ice fetching a few of us off on the Sunday morning road ride, we took an early bath!

Should add another 150 miles this week if I get my commutes and Sunday ride in 🙂

I CBA with Strava and Endo, as I already upload to Garmin, or is there an easy way of automatically copying it over?

cookeaa

Just thought I’d follow up on this one.

I’ve just uploaded GPX files for my January riding so far to Endomondo and joined the STW 500 mile a month challenge. I’m well down on my own targets miles for the month and I was expecting everyone else to be romping ahead, but (ignoring the top 7 or 8 ) it looks like I’m in the (rather slack?) majority…

I was expecting most of you lot to have put in huge mileages…

What are everyone’s plans to eek out more mileage in the next few (Colder?) weeks/months?

I’ll admit most of mine so far have been commuting and the odd road ride, I’m planning to get out on the MTB for some night rides and crank out some more riding at the weekend, Tuesday night I hit the local outdoor velodrome for some Oval action, but it all seems like a relative drop in the ocean compared to what I want to be doing…

Based on how January has gone so far, I reckon I’m really going to struggle to cram the miles in around family and work commitments for the rest of the year, still going to try though.

woody2000

Didn’t manage 500 a month last year, averaged 360ish so we’ll see if I can improve. Mini w2k number 3 arrives in April – that might affect things!

amedias
    Free Member

I’m a bit behind too, but have ~130 miles to upload to Endo that I haven’t put in yet which should take me up to about 350 total for jan so far, going to be a low miles week this week as racing on Sunday so don’t want to overdo it.

My plan is just to keep on riding as normal and MTFU a bit when I start umming and ahhing about going out.

cookeaa

My plan is just to keep on riding as normal and MTFU a bit when I start umming and ahhing about going out.

Similar to me then, a hefty Dose of MTFU is in order, the first week of Jan’ was a total write off, the second week, barely an improvement,

I don’t want to tell myself I’ll catch up the miles come summer, because I know that’s basically cobblers, I’ll still have the same things getting in the way of riding, the real difference is made now when the weather is shite and the light is minimal, Beasting myself through that is going to be quite tough TBH.

I quite like having the table on Endomondo as a bit of a motivator, I don’t want to fall too far down it, and TBH its encouraging that I’ve done more than some others (as unpleasantly competitive as that sounds).

I think I’ll comfortably manage 200-250 miles by the end of January, but the 400 mile “minimum” I set myself just seems a bit wishful now TBH… Something to go for in Feb I suppose, it’s a Short month Which will perhaps motivate me to get out rather than put riding off…

Come December 31st I’d like to at least have 5000 miles done (about 100 a week avg)…

Edit:

Get In, I just had a look spotted a 16 mile ride I did on the 5th that I’d not uploaded to Endomondo, that takes me over 200 miles, with a few more commutes and possibly some other stuff, I reckon I can realistically Gun for a minuimum of 300 miles before the end of Jan, that’s something I suppose…

amedias
    Free Member

I think I’ve got a similar plan, I’m using this and the table as a motivator but I’m not going to beat myself up if I don’t make it. I was averaging 420 a month last year and as long as I don’t go too far backwards I’m not going to be grumpy.

fun > miles 🙂

BTW – any of you guys in/around Devon?

ton

.5 of mile short of the target. think I am just gonna ride round the carpark to notch it up…. 😀

how is everyone doing?

andytherocketeer

I’m guessing I must be last. Won’t get any rides in either, until at least mid-Feb.
    I’ll just pretend my skiing mileage counts too 😉

woody2000

I need 200 miles between now and Friday – I’ll probably do 50 🙂

I’ll try harder next month sir, I promise!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

420 – about 300 have been off road – 10 rides, 8 offroad and 2 on, zero commuting miles, wont be out until next tuesday now work/mrs work

amedias
    Free Member

Slack month for me, 360ish at the moment, might tickle over 400 by Friday, still 9th on the list though so guessing we’ve all had a bad month, weather hasn’t helped!

wors

Poor poor effort from me, spending too much time running snd swimming!! I shall make amends in February 😳

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I was doing so well up until Thursday evening last week.

A little off cause a knee/muddy rock interface, 3 muddy miles back to car, A&E for 4 stitches no antibiotics but nothing broken. Leg swollen up on Saturday night rushed to hospital where I still remain 4 nights later with the blood infection Cellulitis.

So, this month I won’t get past my 296.9 miles 😕

TheSanityAssassin

I’m currently sat in 3rd place with 617 miles, with just tonight’s 35 mile training ride to come for this month’s total. Missed out badly on Sunday with the horrendous weather cancelling the club ride, losing me between 60 and 70 miles.

It’s still been a decent month for me though and I expect Feb to get off to a good start with decent mileage on both Sat and Sun. This should be built on the following weekend when I do the annual Batley Bash road run, which will be the year’s first ton (110-ish miles door to door).

I expect Zangolin’s ‘little and often’ approach to see him sail past the 1000 mile mark for Jan this week – top stuff fella, well done!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 481 total)

The topic ‘500 Mile a month.’ is closed to new replies.