Home Forums Bike Forum 20×110 from non boost can it be done ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 20×110 from non boost can it be done ?
  • toomuchtime
    Free Member

Hi

Hoping someone can help , I’ve a set of old forks that run 20×110 and I’ve a Hope Enduro wheelset but it’s non boost so can only achieve 20×100 can I get adapters to run the axle I need for the forks ?

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

Depends what hub you have, this is the chart your’re looking for

ConversionKitChart2023V3.1.pdf (hopetech.com)

Theres no such thing as 20×100, old school 20mm hubs are 110m spaced the same as 20mm boost, the difference is in flange and rotor spacing. If you have a non boost 20mm axle fork you’ll need the 20mm axle spacers HUB420 from the chart

Onzadog
    Free Member

If it’s old forks as in, before Boost existed, you’re in luck. 100Q, 100×15 and 20mm were the same hub shell.

The 20mm fork drop outs were a little different and the 20mm hub spacers actually make the olnd 110 but it was all the same pre boost hub shell.

I used to run a 2006 fox 36van with Hope Bulb hubs than did exactly this.

It’s only if you’re talking about modern boost 20×110 that things get tricky.

toomuchtime
    Free Member

Brilliant Onzadog the forks are old style 20×110 and I have some 20×100 modern hope end caps so should work

Thanks for replying

Onzadog
    Free Member

You’ll need hbsp hub420. One thing to be careful of if you find some used end caps is that there used to be a 5 bolt rotor standard. The caps for these are different lengths. The caps for 6 bolt are the same length.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sorry, correction. The bulb 5 bolt are shorter, but the two sides are the same length, about 14mm.

The 6 bolt are closer to 18mm according to the two sets in my box of Hope spares.

squirrelking
    Free Member

It’s only if you’re talking about modern boost 20×110 that things get tricky.

Do they? I thought it was just a case of a disc spacer.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not tricky per se, just more tricky than this question. Both are 20×110 but as you say, 20mm boost lands the disc mounting face in a different location.

If, as in this case, we’re talking about all the parts being pre boost, it is more straightforward

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.