Home Forums Bike Forum 2022 Orbea Laufey H10

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 2022 Orbea Laufey H10
  • coconut
    Free Member

Considering picking up a Orbea Laufey 2022 – H10, seems some good reductions on this bike currently. Anyone ridden one? not much info out there so any feedback appreciated. I believe the Marzocchi Bomber Z2 is almost the same as a lower end Fox34, is this correct ?

https://www.jejamescycles.com/product/9829478/orbea-orbea-laufey-h10-mtb-2024/option/

dafoj
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2020 version, it’s a great all round HT. Not the lightest bike, but is good fun to ride and I’ve done everything from long days in the hills to BPW and FOD DH trails on it. Decent fork and 2.6 inch tyres so happy doing most trails I do on my FS. The dropper post didn’t last long, and a few spokes have pinged from back wheel abuse, but otherwise it’s been cheap to maintain  with Shimano drivetrain.

roadworrier

They are decent. Not that exciting but a solid HT with little to worry about.

Orbea warranty can be a bit fussy, especially if bought online. But it is a great price.

For a bit more you can get a Trek Roscoe 9 which is very similar but slightly better spec (SLX / XT, 203mm rotors and Fox 36):

Trek Roscoe 9

Personally, I’d go Trek for their warranty and the nicer own brand kit – the rear hub sounds ace! But the H10 Laufey is good too.

freddiest

I’ve had one for about 18 months. It’s really grown on me.
    I actually swapped the frame for a Bfe max for a while but for whatever reason, much preferred the laufey frame so sold the Cotic. It doesn’t feel any harsher or different in comfort terms to me with a 2.6 tyre.
    It’s got a good allround trail geo which doesn’t feel too slack for my local flat stuff or too steep for off piste glentress etc. the finish is tough and doesn’t chip easily, something which annoyed me with the Cotic. Tyre clearance is great and I suspect you could get even more than a 2.6 in there if you wanted.
    I kind of wish I’d gone for the top spec one as some of the kit on it isn’t amazing.
    The trek mentioned above has a much better spec for the money so I’d be tempted by that but the laufey with a few upgrades (203 rotors, front tyre, bar and grips) has done a great job so far. A shorter seat tube so i could get longer than 150mm drop would be nice too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.