• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • DanW
    Free Member

Argentina were my pick at the start to continue causing some upsets and they *could* have a decent run towards the final. I wouldn’t fancy them against France but a game with Ireland could be a cracker. Some good tries from both sides in the Tonga game

[video]https://youtu.be/FM5sH-p9e6w[/video]

wrecker
    Free Member

Hooper cited, Burgess gets a slap on the wrist.

anagallis_arvensis

Great ban him for 8 days please. Oh and can we have Giteau and Folou and both starting props banned too please?

anagallis_arvensis

does this mean the irish fella who got the yellow will be cited?Of course not that would be too consistent.

anagallis_arvensis

thegreatape
    Free Member

Surely the fact that it’s Mike Brown is a significant mitigating factor?

Really unimpressed with the behaviour of English fans ticket holders in this tournament.

Beyond that, +1 for enough about England.

anagallis_arvensis

I would be hoping for cited and commended under normal circumstances but given who we play next week. cited and banned will have to do

jambalaya
    Free Member

I was surprised Hooper wasn’t carded at the time. Farrell kept the bench warm on the Lions tour and had Ford had more game time prior to the Tour he would have gone instead.

Yes indeed enough of England, we lost against Australia and Wales, it’s not like we suffered a defeat to Japan or struggled to beat the Italians with a big game against France coming up. Endless hours to debate what next after the tournament. As above finishing second in Eng/Aus/Wales group meant a very very tough route to the final which even if you made if you’d likely be spent, the draw meant to have any chance you have to win the group. Australia, France or Ireland have a very good chance as NZ and RSA have to play each other in the semis (I think that’s right).

Looking forward to Sunday, Allez les Blues.

bombjack
    Free Member

Hooper cited

For doing what every Wales Rugby fan has wanted to do for a long time.

wrecker
    Free Member

I like Mike Brown. Others don’t and I doubt he cares at all. If some rugby fans are happy to see this done to a player, frankly it says more about them than it does about Mike Brown.

anagallis_arvensis

Calm yourself wrecker, its not like he was hurt.
    Brown does have issues though and the opposition will seek to exploit it.

meanwhile the implosion continues
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=11524131

wrecker
    Free Member

He’s not even that bad! Look at Huget for example; diving, stamping on peoples heads etc. Brown is a bit lairy, but he’s not a dirty player.

mefty
    Free Member

That article is highly inflammatory, it accuses England of hooking.

molgrips
    Free Member

Does anyone really think Wales can beat Australia?

DanW
    Free Member

Hmm… two coaches involved but not Lancaster 😆 First they didn’t send 10 players for the media get together now they talked to the ref. It’s a shambles I tell you 😀 Jokes aside, Robshaw should be getting the low down on scrum interpretation and Marler was well aware of his “technique”… just got exploited well by the Aus front row

anagallis_arvensis

Does anyone really think Wales can beat Australia?

i do. its unlikely but it could happen.

anagallis_arvensis

Wrecker, I dont think Brown is a dirty player, he just has angry little bloke syndrome and people will play on that. In the Wales game he was trying to fight Warburton for gods sake when he had to run in from miles away to have a go.

Pigface
    Free Member

We can beat Australia, cant see it though. I didnt think we would get out of the group so everything is a bonus.

What I dont like about Brown is he is like a football player, choppsing at the ref, always gobbing off and getting involved.

He was brilliant 18 months ago has gone off the boil a bit now.

wrecker
    Free Member

Haven’t wales got an angry full back too? What’s his name again? And Phillips was lauded for his abrasiveness despite being as gobby as any player. Not to be too victim syndrome, it smacks of more reasons to hate england to me. Now, had people been glad to see Hartley take a whack, I could fully understand….

mefty
    Free Member

Brown has got the personalty of a scrum half.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Liam Williams isn’t angry…he’s just a proper traditional Welsh full on fruitbat 15 – not so much aggressive more bonkers.

Mike Phillips on the other hand…

namastebuzz
    Free Member

he was trying to fight Warburton for gods sake when he had to run in from miles away to have a go.

True, and he is a total prick IMO but it’s funny how in the 1974 Lions Tour to SA it was seen as commendable for the full back to run 30yds to join in a fight. 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Haven’t wales got an angry full back too? What’s his name again? And Phillips was lauded for his abrasiveness despite being as gobby as any player

Liam is much younger and touch wood the welsh coaches seem to have had a positive influence on him. Phillips was also seen as a massive liability until he got control of his temper and then became a massive pain in the arse to other teams. Brown just seems to mainly get himself into trouble and get himself angry. If he wanted to try and provoke someone in the welsh team going after Warburton the calmest bloke in the team who I have never seen raise a fist was stupid. Maybe he was to scared to go after Bradley Davies.

wrecker
    Free Member

Maybe my zero is a bit off as we had Delon before him and he makes Mike look like a normal well balanced individual. I think “total prick” is a few rungs higher than “unspeakable bellend” 😀

anagallis_arvensis

rue, and he is a total prick IMO but it’s funny how in the 1974 Lions Tour to SA it was seen as commendable for the full back to run 30yds to join in a fight

but in those days you could have a fight and JPR ran in and smacked the SA hardman.
    Gareth Thomas did similar after Grewcock kicked Peel in the head once. He got a yellow the daft ****.
    Brown ran in and grabbed Warburton and then shit himself when Warburton didnt back down.

anagallis_arvensis

Armitage was a cheapshot merchant, Brown isnt that for sure but I think his cards will be marked for a while. Would love to see Phillips try and wined him up

Pigface
    Free Member

it smacks of more reasons to hate england to me.

Valid assessment old chap 😉

anagallis_arvensis

True he’s English whilst Phillips is welsh

wrecker
    Free Member

I always like Phillips, maybe I like the more abrasive players. I was a fan of Mark Regan and he was as bad as any. It was a bit of a disappointment when I first met him to say the least.

anagallis_arvensis

You have got to love Loopy Liam!!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC6tVwWvYnY[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b82CoZ3RLIg[/video]

he’s not without ability either
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOIzwhOKn5o[/video]

hated him here though!!
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wtYc-PPCCE[/video]

igm

Wasn’t Brown offside at a ruck in that clip? It looked like legitamite clearing out to me. Perhaps on a higher def video it’s more clearly foul.

Edit: perhaps the ruck hadn’t formed as the second Aussie was scrum halfing. But it did with third Aussie so still a legitamite clear out.

anagallis_arvensis

Brown was the tackler so can stand up and do what he wants. The clear out used no arms so was illegal.

wrecker
    Free Member

It wasn’t a clear out. No arms, no attempt to wrap and directed at the neck/head. There was nothing legitimate about it.

igm

Fair enough – no arms. Once you pointed that out I looked again. Not even a pretence of arms.

On the directed at head bit, Brown is a bit of a short-arse so there are mitigating circumstances there. 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Brown is a bit of a short-arse so there are mitigating circumstances there.

😉 sorry wrecker!

Scamper
    Free Member

Pound Shop could have easily got himself into trouble with the ref against Warbs, running thirty yards to get involved in something which had nothing to do with him.

At least England have guaranteed qualification for the next world cup, a game early too before the potential banana skin against Uruguay.

wrecker
    Free Member

Brown is a bit of a short-arse so there are mitigating circumstances there.

sorry wrecker!
    I’m not sure about what to be more offended about. I’m the same height as Brown, maybe even 1cm shorter!

dbcooper
    Free Member

Meanwhile in internetland.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

#KeepEnglandBeautiful #RWC2015

anagallis_arvensis

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHOu2JhvM90&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.