• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • IdleJon

molgrips – Member
    Morgan at full back fills me with dread. He does some great things sometimes but he cannot tackle that is a full backs first job.
    I was expecting him to go on the wing…

He is because, responding to the English trend, Wales are playing Kimi Raikonnen at full back.

DanW
    Free Member

I never thought I’d say this, but Wales have a good looking bench for tomorrow

I really hope they switch on again and put in a dominant (and bonus point winning) performance

John_Key
    Free Member

Well when the Aussies beat England it won’t be pretty

rkk01
    Free Member

I’ll be on the train during tomorrow’s match…

… If the signal is as poor as tonight I’ll be off down the market to buy a dozen carrier pigeons 👿

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He is because, responding to the English trend, Wales are playing Kimi Raikonnen at full back.

😀

anagallis_arvensis

ever thought I’d say this, but Wales have a good looking bench for tomorrow

You think. Two tightheads and two 10’s who have also played fullback a bit. Apparently Anscombe (another 10/15) is not fit despite being called up to replace someone or other. Huge match for Tyler Morgan at 13 too. He may be up against Kuridrani in a few weeks …. gulp…

anagallis_arvensis

A poundshop Mitchel brother!!

theotherjonv

I’ve just read that owing to a typesetting error in the match program, the All Blacks aren’t going to perform their traditional prematch challenge and will instead be throwing it down in the form of a traditional Japanese poem.

We are the All Blacks
    Rising out of the darkness
    To rip your heads off

bigblackshed

Austrailia team to face England.

Israel Folau; Adam Ashley-Cooper, Tevita Kuridrani, Matt Giteau, Rob Horne; Bernard Foley, Will Genia; Scott Sio, Stephen Moore, Sekope Kepu; Kane Douglas, Rob Simmons; Scott Fardy, Michael Hooper, David Pocock.

The England back row are going to get mullered and the backs will have to make their tackles, otherwise it will be a try fest.

Kryton57

England as predicted:

Mike Brown; Anthony Watson; Jonathan Joseph; Brad Barritt; Jonny May; Owen Farrell;Ben Youngs; Joe Marler; Tom Youngs; Dan Cole;Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 26 caps); Geoff Parling; Tom Wood; Chris Robshaw; Ben Morgan;

Replacements

16. Rob Webber (Bath Rugby, 15 caps)
    17. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 25 caps)
    18. Kieran Brookes (Northampton Saints, 14 caps)
    19. George Kruis (Saracens, 8 caps)
    20. Nick Easter (Harlequins, 52 caps)
    21. Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens, 25 caps)
    22. George Ford (Bath Rugby, 15 caps)
    23. Sam Burgess (Bath Rugby, 4 caps)

Kryton57

The England back row are going to get mullered

They’ve gone public via Sky Sports to state the Robshaw is a weak link, hows that for knocking a man when he’s down!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ex Farrell its the right side and will get the job done. Wales will face the knockout match v Aus in a week or so’s time

dbcooper
    Free Member

Welsh hat – England will get thumped. Wales to beat Fiji
    English hat- England will get thumped, would help if Wales lost..

bombjack
    Free Member

TBH I reckon England will nick this one, setting up a Wales / Aus nailbiter next week.

DanW
    Free Member

Good to see Launchbury back in

Funny that Aus have what 3 or 4 fly halves and still probably not any one of them is quite *perfect*…. but what a selection to chose from.

I’ve just read that owing to a typesetting error in the match program, the All Blacks aren’t going to perform their traditional prematch challenge and will instead be throwing it down in the form of a traditional Japanese poem.

Very good 😉 😀

DanW
    Free Member

TBH I reckon England will nick this one, setting up a Wales / Aus nailbiter next week.

They have a habit of scraping by so I wouldn’t put it past the buggers 😡

wrecker
    Free Member

Still no Danny Care or Henry Slade. I’ve come to the conclusion that A.Farrell hates union and is trying to kill it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Right. Now the challenge begins!

Am flying today, out of Houston Bush en route to Las Vegas. Am hoping to find a bar at Bush showing the game but fear it may be an ask too far.

So, anyone know any reliable, not too iffy, online viewing possibilities for me?

Don’t think Itvplayer will work over here.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

cricinfofree (EDIT) should do it.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

So, anyone know any reliable, not too iffy, online viewing possibilities for me?

ITV player would work if you have a VPN.

If not CricfreeTv usually works but you need to be patient waiting for streams to start up and for the ads to dissipate.

Any of the American channels carrying the RWC?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And Jesus…Houston to LV – talk about one shithole to another. Still, those new multi-use Post-its aren’t going to shift themselves, eh? 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Flash you have time to sign up for a VPN – very useful for the international traveller, works anywhere in the world.

I had great results with witopia.

nbt

Sportlemon and VIPBOX were my online viewing partners before I got a Sky Go code 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks all. Will try those.

Re American channels, I’m not sure if they are. There are so many of them and so much region variation that it’s hard to know!

DD, you’re not wrong there. Two utter dumps.

dantsw13

I watched a previous WC in Houston. failing that , a VPN ann itvplayer or catchuptv should work on an iPad.

Failing all that, the RWC app has in app radio feed that is international.

Kryton57

Failing that, just watch this thread. Unless Fiji are winning you’ll get a running commentary.

English hat- England will get thumped, would help if Wales lost..

I’m down with this, although I half heartedly want Wales to win to keep a “home” nation in the thing.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just explained the pool A situation to my colleague at work. Took about 15 minutes.

molgrips
    Free Member

So, what are the chances of ITV putting the Wales game up on the ITV Player tonight after the game?

I’ve got a ride to fit in.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is there a scenario meaning that a Wales win over Australia would put England through? (I think there is, isn’t there?)

Oh, the conflict… 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

If england beat the aussies, then barring england being beaten by uruguay, that’s your scenario.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, I thought it was that wrecker, just wasn’t sure about BP combinations as hadn’t looked at the table. But if it’s that simple, then bring it on. Go Wales tonight. Go England at the weekend. 😀

(I suppose it would ease Welsh misery at losing to Australia for the 146th time in a row.)

wrecker
    Free Member

Be nice to see the aussies dumped out.

molgrips
    Free Member

Are the English fans looking forward to the Wales Fiji game then, or don’t you care?

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m pissed off that I’ll be missing it. I’ll put sportradio thingy on in the car.

peteimpreza

“Are the English fans looking forward to the Wales Fiji game then, or don’t you care?”

Fully supporting Fiji here!! Stuck at work so will miss it all.

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh wait iplayer.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Success! I’ve got a feed working!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

North!

wrecker
    Free Member

This is brutal!!!!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Beep beep beep Welsh scrum reversing

Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.