• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 6,721 through 6,760 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • DezB
    Free Member

I was really suprised at the colour of the card,red for a kick in the head surely.

I was too. I suppose I listened to Stuart Barnes’ reasoning too much afterwards!

Duckman – you done much reffing of 7s? I’m down to ref a “pub 7s” tournament next weekend. Little bit concerned as I’ve only done 13 & 15-a-side youth games so far!

DezB
    Free Member

Anyway, who was claiming that Super Rugby was boring because the defences are poor?

Whoever did was talking rubbish. Utter rubbish.

Stoner
    Free Member

If the idea if good rugby is breakdown – pass one out – crash – breakdown – pass one out – crash – ad infinitum , then give me SR any day

You’ve been watching my U9s play havent you?

I blame, ahem, the coaches myself. 😳

wrecker
    Free Member

Whoever did was talking rubbish. Utter rubbish.

Absolutely. Super rugby is exciting because defences are poor 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Argh! The defences aren’t poor! the attacks are bloody brilliant!

anyway, see the Robson Tweet to Farrell? good job the players are more forgiving than you lot 🙂

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=d_jrobson&s=typd

duckman

If it is pub 7’s dez, you will be OK. Stay further away from the breakdown ready for a flyer as there are fewer players involved. Run straighter rather than at an angle towards play as you would in 15’s. Do not refuse pre match brandy if it is social 7’s. Any team wearing stupid cut off tops should lose every 50/50 decision.

grahamt1980

Dezb – that must have been some hit to leave an ear shaped bruise. 😯

IdleJon

Yeah, it was a nasty collision.

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers duckman!

Yeah, it was a nasty collision

Definitely. Farrell wanted to smash him, but it went a bit wrong.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I bet boudjellal is threaders he didn’t get Carter(!)

Indeed. IMO Toulon would have won that QF with JW or Carter at 10, in fact the game was tighter than it might have been as Carter got an injuty and didn’t kick any penalties after the first 20 odd minutes. Nonu is a fabulous and dangerous player but his impact isn’t that of Carter.

Farrell citing could be massive – does any ban apply to all games so he can serve a suspension before the final a month from now ?

duckman

Jam, lower end for dangerous tackle is two games. BUT; Farrell got a warning after prem final as he was cited,and the yellow in the WC, both for the same thing. McIntyre cited for kick and Itoje warned also last night.

anagallis_arvensis

The Farrel tackle doesnt look majorly ban worthy imo. If he had been given a red he’d be better off now imo.

duckman

The cynic in me would suggest it is a revenue gathering exercise. He does have previous though and the panel will look at intent as well.

dantsw13

I thought only red-worthy offences were citable? High tackle is a yellow. This is all getting a bit OTT now.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Given that Robson started heading to the floor prior to the tackle, and Farrell left what appears to be an ear imprint on his forehead 8O……I think citing him for a high tackle is pretty dubious tbh……plenty of people questioned whether it was even a yellow at the time!!!

duckman

Panel can overule the ref. Used to be that if it had been dealt with on the pitch then it was over.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I saw the photos but is it really possible to leave an ear imprint on someone’s forehead ?

DezB
    Free Member

Well, it’s an ear-shaped bruise. Farrell would have to had completely lost his marbles to mean to collide head-to-head in the way he did. It was just a hard challenge that went wrong imo. But they’re not allow to make (dangerous) mistakes these days are they?!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Castrogiovanni “cited” after “video” evidence 8)

Asked to miss the ERC SF to attend a family medical emergency in Argentina, boys will be boys

Planet Rugby

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Marler’s got a two week ban.

Pigface
    Free Member

2 weeks is a bit pathetic, I dont have a lot of faith in the whole citing thing these days.

onehundredthidiot

He got two weeks for an offence with a low end tariff of 4.

anagallis_arvensis

Seems fair to me but coming straight after his other ban I would expect more tbh.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I thought the entry point was four weeks.

I’m thinking he took Chocolate Olivers. They are, after all, delicious.

dantsw13

Maybe he took a risk that The Beak was a dunker, and took some Ginger Nuts! Could easilly backfire though!

dantsw13

Any news on Farrell?

dantsw13

Just seen Farrell got 3 weeks, reduced to 2. An absolute joke. Just seen the video replay. He commits to the tackle, at the last minute, Robson slips, and falls over, making Farrells tackle marginally high, and a clash of heads. Marginal yellow, which he got. 3 week ban?? It’s a bloody contact sport – absolutely no intent at all.

DezB
    Free Member

Totally agree danstw13. It’s getting silly.

McIntyre got 2 weeks too, I think – same punishment for an intentional boot to the head…

anagallis_arvensis

In deciding to disregard the player’s recent suspension as it was of an entirely different nature, the Committee then reduced the sanction by two weeks – 50% of the entry point – before imposing a suspension of two weeks.

So they reduced Markers ban by 2 weeks because hecwas a different type of **** in his last game? You couldnt make it up!

duckman

And deemed to be just as bad as Marlers transgression. Marler served a ban for being sent of for violent conduct two seasons ago,that stinks.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Farrell’s ban is an utter joke! Let’s just have them playing tag rugby from now on eh

surfer
    Free Member

Smart lad wanted 🙂

Did he think he was going to get away with this.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not Nots Not.

In the premiership, that is.

Ospreys v The ‘Diff yesterday was fun, though. Great advert for rugby.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Great news for England rugby, Rob Andrew has gone as RFU Technical Director – I hope the door hit him on the @rse on the way out. What a waste of millions of £’s he has been

IdleJon

Ospreys v The ‘Diff yesterday was fun, though. Great advert for rugby.

Has no-one worked out yet that the Ospreys always play far better in the second half than the first, so tactics need to reflect that? 😀

Strange to have three 6s starting for the O’s and three 7s for Cardiff. (But Geth made sure he got the first turnover, just to prove the point!)

And I’m pleased that Owen Watkin played well. He’s got a good future if he continues that way. Equally pleased that Scott W looked excellent in the Scarlets game. Kingsley Jones came up with the same excuses that the Dregs have used for 11 years. 🙄

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Great news for England rugby, Rob Andrew has gone as RFU Technical Director – I hope the door hit him on the @rse on the way out. What a waste of millions of £’s he has been

A popular view perhaps. Good item by Moore here. Warning – Daily Telegraph content.

dantsw13

That’s a good article. We may rue the day in 10 years we let him go.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Good, well balanced article by BM. As ever.

However, Andrew should be lambasted for:

1) Appointing SL as temporary coach.

2) Being part of the 5 man board who appointed SL permanently.

3) Taking no responsibility for either of the above actions.

4) Keeping Fatty Barnes out of the England side. 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

@hamish yes I read the Telegrapgh piece, Andrew has been Mr Teflon avoiding responsibility for numerous failures. Quite simply imo he has been worth nothing like the £400k+ pa he’s been sucking out of the RFU

wrecker
    Free Member

So some of the moves are being announced; Spikey Mikey to Sale!
    Rumours of Steffon Armitage to Wasps, lots of saffas inbound (doubtless partly due to the turmoil in the game over there)

Viewing 40 posts - 6,721 through 6,760 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.