• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 6,681 through 6,720 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • Stoner
    Free Member

CourtNewsUK
    ?@CourtNewsUK
    Danny Cipriani’s drink-driving trial WILL continue after the judge ruled there was sufficient evidence that the breathalyser was working.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Marler likely to be back in the news again tomorrow.

Thug.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Stupid from Marler……hardly a full swing at his head with a boot though was it! Petulant yes (looked like a wendyballer move) actions of a thug….
    Nope!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not the point. Full swing or not, he kicked at another player’s head/face. Given the bans for gouging given out for any face contact, he’ll have to buy some REALLY good biscuits.

He’s a fool. A thuggish fool.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What’s Marler done now? Linky?

EDIT: Sorry, I say “now” as if he’d done something wrong before, and obvs, he didn’t. My mistake…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Perhaps he didn’t fancy the summer tour and wanted a rest ?

duckman

OFFFT! Job done then I should say! Was that his first game back as well from his ban that we don’t speak about? He hasn’t kicked him,but has made deliberate contact with the players head. When does Conor O’ Shea stop defending him? Or will O’Shea shortly be explaining how Hugay had wet willied Marler and nobody seems interested in that? Honestly; Marler can’t help himself,so you can understand that; but O’Shea is getting right on my tits. Can you imagine what he is going to be like when he manages a team that only has a victory over Scotland to look forward to every two years?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

O’Shea addresses the press post match

Pigface
    Free Member

Marler is just attention seeking now 😆 dumb oaf.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

At least the (bad) intention was there this time even if the execution was remarkably poor given the prone and vulnerable position of the victim. If you are going to try and be a thug at least do it in a proper SH style. The NH is so behind in all aspects of the game 😉

**** behaviour without excuse. Didn’t hear what O’Shea said – was it a Wengerism? Should be little argument this time re a little rest.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Duckman, if the ref had seen it, would it have been a red card? ….genuine q, as in my eyes it is the action of an utter idiot, but isn’t really that vicious or ‘thuggish’. Doesn’t it have to be a red card offence for Marler to get cited?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Tom yes I think its a Red if seen. Daft as its a limp wave of the leg – 4 weeks ? @aa thanks for the link

duckman

Tom; yes…Anything that goes near the head is a red, and that includes a punch. I think Marler just tries to give him a wee shove with the side of his foot to wind him up. He has a previous red card for violent conduct, so to get away with 4 weeks will involve home baking of a significant quality, never mind biscuits.

grahamt1980

Just seen this on planet rugby. Marler is just stupid, surely EJ will have to consider options if this one results in a ban.
    Or will he make Marler England captain?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ah right….cheers for that…….yup better get preparing for another citing committee!!

So Sarries into the ERC final, didn’t see the game unfortunately.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Looking forward to the weekend’s ERC semis – Saracens v Leicester final I think

I had a feeling Racing might sneak it (but wouldn’t have put money on it). I’m sure ROG enjoyed that. 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

I listened on the radio, Leicester never seemed to get going. I’m a bit surprised given what I saw in the QF and would fancy Saracens in the final (Lyon) but it will be a fascinating game and Carter v Farrell match up, from what I heard Carter played very much a kicking game today.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Followed on various Twitter feeds. Seems Healey is taking a lot of flack for something he said…along the lines of cheating using HIA rules to buy extra time or something? The outrage is strong – anybody hear the comment?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

It was about Burns turning his ankle over in the tackle – Healey said the ‘smart’ thing to do would be to claim Burns banged his head so needed to come off for a HIA, therefore allowing Williams to come on as cover for ten minutes and give the physio time to work on Burns. Effectively condoning cheating is the claim.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Radio commentators where surprised Racing knock on was a scrum not a yellow and penalty – will be interesting to watch that

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh right. Suppose it is kinda condoning cheating.* What a cock.**

*I suppose he did spend most of his career at Leicester. ( 😀 )

**not news.

IdleJon

duckman – Member
    Tom; yes…Anything that goes near the head is a red, and that includes a punch. I think Marler just tries to give him a wee shove with the side of his foot to wind him up.

Except in the Saracens v Wasps game where McIntyre kicked Itoje deliberately in the head and got a yellow.

The only consistent thing about the reffing is the inconsistency.

onehundredthidiot

But if it’s the “deliberate knock on” in the second half. The player didn’t touch the ball it was a crap pass behind the receiver. The racing player picked and should have scored. I thought, given that tigers had lost possession, a tigers scrum was harsh on racing.

Pigface
    Free Member

Has Marler been cited yet?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

DD (despite being a hooker who played just on the wrong side of the rules) I stopped being a Tigers fan after the infamous Neil Back hand in the scrum incident. Even though the victim (Stringer) was perfect, there is cheating and then there is cheating! I agree with your crit of Healey, the cynicism has a pungent and unpleasant smell

jambalaya
    Free Member

@onehundred, interesting. Was trying to find highlights last night butbthey only has the whole match so still haven’t seen it.

wrecker
    Free Member

Bristol gearing up for the play offs again. First round is against Bedford. A team which has won 12 out of 21 games this season, yet is still in contention for promotion 🙄

anagallis_arvensis

Hand in the scrum is fine from a flanker! Assaulting the ref was slightly worse!

anagallis_arvensis

Is St Gav broken?

wrecker
    Free Member

Is St Gav broken?

I’m not sure anyone can tell through all that cotton wool!

duckman

Except in the Saracens v Wasps game where McIntyre kicked Itoje deliberately in the head and got a yellow.

I was suprised that Itoje didn’t get a yellow as well for his part in that.

Stoner
    Free Member

The racing player picked and should have scored. I thought, given that tigers had lost possession, a tigers scrum was harsh on racing.

100thIdiot:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/my-sincere-apologies-moment-nigel-11235229

‘My sincere apologies’: The moment Nigel Owens owns up to his mistake in huge European match

With three minutes left on the clock at Nottingham’s City Ground, Racing’s Argentine wing Juan Imhoff picked up a loose ball and raced away towards the line.

But Welsh World Cup final ref Owens had already blown up in the belief that Imhoff had knocked the ball on, going for an interception.

Subsequent replays proved this wasn’t the case and that the ball had gone to ground through a wayward Leicester pass.

DezB
    Free Member

Just watched Saracens Wasps – great match, but Poite was biased towards Saracens at crucial times. Penalty just before half time for “kicking the ball out of the ruck” – Itoje threw it out of the ruck! That gave Saracens the lead. Then the penalty try – Britts fell over and the maul tripped over him and his team get a penalty try. I’m neutral when it comes to those teams but Wasps fans mustve been doing their nuts!
    The McIntyre yellow? Prob shouldve been red, but he came back on with 30secs to go, so wouldnt have made any difference.

IdleJon

duckman – Member

I was suprised that Itoje didn’t get a yellow as well for his part in that.

Oh good, it wasn’t just me that thought that! Red for kicker, yellow for cheat…

Then the penalty try – Britts fell over and the maul tripped over him and his team get a penalty try. I’m neutral when it comes to those teams but Wasps fans mustve been doing their nuts!

Yes, surprised that Wasps weren’t bellowing to go to the tmo over that. But even the commentators were biased towards Sarries.

The McIntyre yellow? Prob shouldve been red, but he came back on with 30secs to go, so wouldnt have made any difference.

No difference in this match but it creates a precedent. It was only a gentle kick so the ref says a yellow is fine, therefore others players will feel aggrieved when they get a red for gently kicking a head.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Marler and Farrell both cited.

wrecker
    Free Member

I bet boudjellal is threaders he didn’t get Carter(!)

duckman

There is no probably about McIntyre, I was really suprised at the colour of the card,red for a kick in the head surely. I take it Farrell has been cited for the high tackle? That could be interesting as well as he has previous. Marler may as well just start browsing the Thomsons brochure, his season will be over.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh good, it wasn’t just me that thought that! Red for kicker, yellow for cheat…

Agreed. If it’s seen by the ref, and penalised, it has to be a red. Both that and the Marler kick were the same in my eyes. A deliberate kick at/to the head. No leniency, no degrees of kick. The intention was to kick at someone’s head. That’s simply not on.

IdleJon

Anyway, who was claiming that Super Rugby was boring because the defences are poor? I thought that Saracens v Wasps was pretty dreadful because neither attack had a clue, bar a few breaks by Wade. If the idea if good rugby is breakdown – pass one out – crash – breakdown – pass one out – crash – ad infinitum , then give me SR any day. It’s not even that the defences were so good – they simply weren’t tested.

And the Sunwolves won! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 6,681 through 6,720 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.